Married christian women how did you know he was the one?

If God can get us through all of that, He can do the same for you...hopefully, with a lot less drama, though. lol

It's ALL PEACE now...and while I can recall some details, I recall NONE of the heartache. We have a blissful marriage.

www.myspace.com/christibradford (look at our pics if you have time.)

(Sorry so long!)

Blessings,
Christi J.

Just checked your page out.

Beautiful voice. Blessed family. Wonderful testimony.

I love it all! Keep this thread going ladies. This is VERY encouraging.

Highly Favored8

Aggie, this is the second time today that I posted directly under you. Hmmmm...interesting. :grin: I do pray that you find what you need on this board and that the Lord is guiding you very clearly.

I have a story. Can I share?:bouncegre

I became a single parent in 1997, and left my daughter's father. It was so hard because I CHOSE to be single instead of just marrying him or trying to work it out when the relationship had been so bad for me in every area. When I left him, I prayed that God would bring the man HE had designed for me into my life. It took some time for me to learn to submit to the Lord, but finally, in 2001, I stopped dating and stayed single. I asked the Lord to lock up my heart until my husband came and unlocked it again. I did not want to have ANY emotional encounters again until the man God chose for me came for me.

By 2001, I had a few male friends, all of whom were platonic, and all of whom helped me to learn how to interact with a man. One was my dh, and I could not STAND him!!! He was silly, younger than me, shorter than me, and he had pimples, and he was COUNTREEEEE!!! But...he was my closest male friend. As a matter of fact, he told me 3 weeks after meeting me in 1999 that he believed that the Lord had told him I was his wife. I did not agree then or later.

We both moved on in our personal lives, dating other people, and he was a military man deployed to Korea. In 2004, I moved back home and he was just back from Korea. We picked up where we left off the last time I had hung out with him, going to movies, hanging out...and I did not like him at all...didn't even think of it. By then, he was just my brother in the Lord. But...one night, we came back to the house, and started talking about the Word. We never really did that because...well, I just didn't feel like having a bunch of religious discussions with men. Most of the men I knew felt intimidated by a woman who studies and has something to say and actually understands what she is talking about. Well...this man and I had a long conversation, laughed and talked and then at the end of the conversation, I realized that he had taught me a few things without even coming across as a teacher. He just did it and I naturally received. I felt kind of funny the rest of the night...and when he got home, he called to ask me if I would consider courting him. I told him no. I was not attracted.

After praying for a while (3 weeks), I realized that I had just gotten accustomed to saying, "No," to a man. I didn't even pray about whether or not a man could be my husband. So...I prayed, and (I know this is over the top, but the ord had to do this for me) one night while I was working out to CeCe Winans' song "Without Love," the Lord laid me out in the floor, crying and weeping. I knew in my heart that this man was to be my husband. This was December 2004. I think God moved that powerfully because He knew what was coming and how much faith I would need.

Here is the reason this post is so long. January 2005, he went to Afghanistan. June 2005, I met his family. Our wedding date was set for December 2005. In mid-June 2005, he broke up with me and began to date another woman....in our church!!! In August 2005, he left for Britain.

For an entire year, I felt like I had lost my entire heart. But God taught me so much about rejection and acceptance, and what real friendship looks like. I did NOT refuse his calls when he wanted to talk. I allowed him to be broken and scared of commitment, and I held onto what I believed the Lord had told me. I always prayed, "Lord, I believe ____ is my husband, and if he is, then I also believe You will bring him back to me; however, if I am wrong, I trust You NO MATTER WHAT! I can be wrong, and I will let you correct me. I thank you for my engagement and my marriage to the man You have chosen for me."

EVERYONE thought I was crazy. They also thought he was crazy...but he was just a man who had never been in a real relationship, and more than he needed a wife, he first needed a friend...and I am probably the only one who would have put up with all the mess we went through just to walk with him for the rest of our lives here on earth, Lord willing.

So....it took me 5 years to know...and one additional year to see it come to pass. I never let go of him in my heart when we were apart...and just when I when I did consider opening myself to the possibility that he was not the one, God beat him down and brought him back. :lachen:

In June 2006, we got back together, and we married October 27, 2006 when he came home for a surprise visit.

If God can get us through all of that, He can do the same for you...hopefully, with a lot less drama, though. lol

It's ALL PEACE now...and while I can recall some details, I recall NONE of the heartache. We have a blissful marriage.

(Sorry so long!)

Blessings,
Christi J.

Thank you for this post I really needed to read this God Bless you and your marriage a wonderful wedding story.:yep:

Aggie, this is the second time today that I posted directly under you. Hmmmm...interesting. :grin: I do pray that you find what you need on this board and that the Lord is guiding you very clearly.

I have a story. Can I share?:bouncegre

I became a single parent in 1997, and left my daughter's father. It was so hard because I CHOSE to be single instead of just marrying him or trying to work it out when the relationship had been so bad for me in every area. When I left him, I prayed that God would bring the man HE had designed for me into my life. It took some time for me to learn to submit to the Lord, but finally, in 2001, I stopped dating and stayed single. I asked the Lord to lock up my heart until my husband came and unlocked it again. I did not want to have ANY emotional encounters again until the man God chose for me came for me.

By 2001, I had a few male friends, all of whom were platonic, and all of whom helped me to learn how to interact with a man. One was my dh, and I could not STAND him!!! He was silly, younger than me, shorter than me, and he had pimples, and he was COUNTREEEEE!!! But...he was my closest male friend. As a matter of fact, he told me 3 weeks after meeting me in 1999 that he believed that the Lord had told him I was his wife. I did not agree then or later.

We both moved on in our personal lives, dating other people, and he was a military man deployed to Korea. In 2004, I moved back home and he was just back from Korea. We picked up where we left off the last time I had hung out with him, going to movies, hanging out...and I did not like him at all...didn't even think of it. By then, he was just my brother in the Lord. But...one night, we came back to the house, and started talking about the Word. We never really did that because...well, I just didn't feel like having a bunch of religious discussions with men. Most of the men I knew felt intimidated by a woman who studies and has something to say and actually understands what she is talking about. Well...this man and I had a long conversation, laughed and talked and then at the end of the conversation, I realized that he had taught me a few things without even coming across as a teacher. He just did it and I naturally received. I felt kind of funny the rest of the night...and when he got home, he called to ask me if I would consider courting him. I told him no. I was not attracted.

After praying for a while (3 weeks), I realized that I had just gotten accustomed to saying, "No," to a man. I didn't even pray about whether or not a man could be my husband. So...I prayed, and (I know this is over the top, but the ord had to do this for me) one night while I was working out to CeCe Winans' song "Without Love," the Lord laid me out in the floor, crying and weeping. I knew in my heart that this man was to be my husband. This was December 2004. I think God moved that powerfully because He knew what was coming and how much faith I would need.

Here is the reason this post is so long. January 2005, he went to Afghanistan. June 2005, I met his family. Our wedding date was set for December 2005. In mid-June 2005, he broke up with me and began to date another woman....in our church!!! In August 2005, he left for Britain.

For an entire year, I felt like I had lost my entire heart. But God taught me so much about rejection and acceptance, and what real friendship looks like. I did NOT refuse his calls when he wanted to talk. I allowed him to be broken and scared of commitment, and I held onto what I believed the Lord had told me. I always prayed, "Lord, I believe ____ is my husband, and if he is, then I also believe You will bring him back to me; however, if I am wrong, I trust You NO MATTER WHAT! I can be wrong, and I will let you correct me. I thank you for my engagement and my marriage to the man You have chosen for me."

EVERYONE thought I was crazy. They also thought he was crazy...but he was just a man who had never been in a real relationship, and more than he needed a wife, he first needed a friend...and I am probably the only one who would have put up with all the mess we went through just to walk with him for the rest of our lives here on earth, Lord willing.

So....it took me 5 years to know...and one additional year to see it come to pass. I never let go of him in my heart when we were apart...and just when I when I did consider opening myself to the possibility that he was not the one, God beat him down and brought him back. :lachen:

In June 2006, we got back together, and we married October 27, 2006 when he came home for a surprise visit.

(Sorry so long!)

Blessings,
Christi J.

THIS MUST BE TOLD TO EVERYONE WHO WILL LISTEN... then you need to pray and consider about writing a book, newspaper column, or something.

What God has taught you must be shared with other women.

"Kind, heavenly Father,

Thank You for bringing these two people together and making them one in You. Thank You for Your perfect love that you have given two imperfect people.

When the storms of life blow against them, may they hold onto each other as You hold onto them.

When they are attacked, may You hide them both under the shadow of Your wings.

Bless her husband's fountain with a sanctified seed. May they bring forth children that will be taught what "Thus saith The Lord."

Bless the child that has already been born. May she grow up to be a worman who loves and fears The Lord.

Thank you for what You have given them.

Bless and keep them in Your care.

In The Name of Jesus,"

Amen.

kayte

love your pictures! thank you for sharing Christi J
May God bless your union,family and your music
& what a beauty your daughter is... :yep:

**Tasha*Love**

I stand in agreement LadyofVirtue. What a beautiful and powerful prayer.

In Jesus Name..Amen.

THIS MUST BE TOLD TO EVERYONE WHO WILL LISTEN... then you need to pray and consider about writing a book, newspaper column, or something.

What God has taught you must be shared with other women.

"Kind, heavenly Father,

Thank You for bringing these two people together and making them one in You. Thank You for Your perfect love that you have given two imperfect people.

When the storms of life blow against them, may they hold onto each other as You hold onto them.

When they are attacked, may You hide them both under the shadow of Your wings.

Bless her husband's fountain with a sanctified seed. May they bring forth children that will be taught what "Thus saith The Lord."

Bless the child that has already been born. May she grow up to be a worman who loves and fears The Lord.

Thank you for what You have given them.

Bless and keep them in Your care.

In The Name of Jesus,"

Amen.

melodies815

Aggie: I a so glad that you are encouraged. Relationships are really difficult, but when we allow the Lord to teach us how to do them, He teaches soooo well....if we can continually submit to the challenge of the relational journey. Remain encouraged; He is with us!!!

Natasha: Girl...that music is so OLD!:lachen: I don't sing much anymore, and it makes me tear up a little when someone still likes what I did back then. You are a sweetheart. Thank you, also, for agreeing in prayer with LadyofVirtue.

Carribean_Dreams: Thank you. I will have long hair one day!!! Yours is so beautiful!

HighlyFavored8: You have a wedding coming? How wonderful? I hope I understood your siggy correctly. I pray that the Lord teaches you everything you need to help your husband and to grow in grace every day. Grace is so beautiful on us...

LadyofVirtue: Okaaaaayyy...I am officially on the floor. 1st, your prayer is on point!!! 2nd, we have been trying to get pregnant for over 2 years. I was devastated by it at first, but I am starting to get over that and to just trust the Lord better in that area. Your prayer just brings up all the desire to see someone with hubby's toes and my love of books all over again. I am in between faith and letting go...not sure which is the healthy posture. But THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! You reminded me that the Lord is so mindful of the stuff we try to push under the carpet. 3rd, we pray for our Deanna (my Deanna) this very prayer every night. You bless me so much. If God wants us to tell our journey (which is still very much in progress and not yet a "complete" testimony, I know He will open the door at the right time; I just don't ever want to be prideful about it. That's a scary thing, telling folks your testimony...not sure if I am mature enough yet to handle being in front of people. Pray for me. Anyway...my face is a hot mess. Thanks for making me cry. These are good tears, though...

Kayte: I pray that your vigil shows you the great love that God has for His Bride. I pray that you are extra sensitive to everything the Lord is showering upon you now.

Okay...now I will finish my hair for this challenge I got myself into. ...:whyme:

I pray that we are all blessed in Christ Jesus and that we look to God's love alone as an example of what it looks like to know the One.

Please remain encouraged, and thank you so much for allowing me to share. I was uncomfortable. How nice to come back here and to have been received...

Love,
Christi

Highly Favored8

Aggie: I a so glad that you are encouraged. Relationships are really difficult, but when we allow the Lord to teach us how to do them, He teaches soooo well....if we can continually submit to the challenge of the relational journey. Remain encouraged; He is with us!!!

Natasha: Girl...that music is so OLD!:lachen: I don't sing much anymore, and it makes me tear up a little when someone still likes what I did back then. You are a sweetheart. Thank you, also, for agreeing in prayer with LadyofVirtue.

Carribean_Dreams: Thank you. I will have long hair one day!!! Yours is so beautiful!

HighlyFavored8: You have a wedding coming? How wonderful? I hope I understood your siggy correctly. I pray that the Lord teaches you everything you need to help your husband and to grow in grace every day. Grace is so beautiful on us...

LadyofVirtue: Okaaaaayyy...I am officially on the floor. 1st, your prayer is on point!!! 2nd, we have been trying to get pregnant for over 2 years. I was devastated by it at first, but I am starting to get over that and to just trust the Lord better in that area. Your prayer just brings up all the desire to see someone with hubby's toes and my love of books all over again. I am in between faith and letting go...not sure which is the healthy posture. But THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! You reminded me that the Lord is so mindful of the stuff we try to push under the carpet. 3rd, we pray for our Deanna (my Deanna) this very prayer every night. You bless me so much. If God wants us to tell our journey (which is still very much in progress and not yet a "complete" testimony, I know He will open the door at the right time; I just don't ever want to be prideful about it. That's a scary thing, telling folks your testimony...not sure if I am mature enough yet to handle being in front of people. Pray for me. Anyway...my face is a hot mess. Thanks for making me cry. These are good tears, though...

Kayte: I pray that your vigil shows you the great love that God has for His Bride. I pray that you are extra sensitive to everything the Lord is showering upon you now.

Okay...now I will finish my hair for this challenge I got myself into. ...:whyme:

I pray that we are all blessed in Christ Jesus and that we look to God's love alone as an example of what it looks like to know the One.

Please remain encouraged, and thank you so much for allowing me to share. I was uncomfortable. How nice to come back here and to have been received...

Love,
Christi

:grin: Yes, I do have one comming. I am just trusting God to bring it to pass. I am really inspried by your post.:yep:

nc cutie

Wow...Thank God for you all! Here I am feeling a little lonley,wondering when GOD was gonna move...But in reading this I have the Faith to wait on his will. I dont know the man yet,I'm just trying to know God more!!

God Bless You All!!!

melodies815

Highlyfavored8: I had some really interesting things happen to me in the few months directly preceding my hubby coming into my life...and then of course, once he did, more interesting things happened afterwards. I know for a fact that people looked at me like I had lost my mind. In private, to the Lord, I was willing to be wrong and to have completely missed it - because we CAN be dead wrong about who God has chosen for our mate. A lot of times, as women, we get lost in our feelings, forgetting that the Lord is sovereign. The best advice I got from my pastor's wife was: "If he is the one, God will bring him back. If not...you will marry someone else - or not. Be prepared for all fronts - marriage to him, to someone else, or no marriage at all on earth, knowing that the Lord my Maker is your husband." It's that last part...allowing God to be "enough" (that's crazy, right, when He is EVERYTHING!?!?!) was the most difficult part for me to say AND mean. I am sooo excited about what the Lord will bring for you this year. Keep us posted!!!

NC Cutie
: I am so glad that you are waiting on the Lord now. It's a rest-of-your-life step. Please don't feel lonely; you have your sisters here to encourage you always!

CJ

MrJohnsonsRib

I belive my husband is the one from God because when we met I kinda shrugged off his request to call me sometime. I thought I knew his kind...and I did but something happened within the time where we had not seen each other and on the 4th of July last year I went to see a fireworks show with my 10 month son...See I believe everything happens for a reason...it was random and I hadn't seen him in a while and he saw me. I thought "he is just trying to holla again" but he wasn't. I was so surprised I felt like I was talking to a totally different guy...we had real conversation, he was not flirty or anything-just happy to see a fellow military member out and about. He had to catch up to his buddies so they wouldn't get lost in the crowd. Now, I told him no when he asked for my number on the first encounter but he took out his phone as if he was hoping to call me and that if I said no again that he could at least smile because he could have no regrets-but to his surprise I QUICKLY gave him the digits and he didn't call me at dark thirty for a rendezvous ,but at the next day on his next morning shift and we chatted for a few and WOW! He was a challenging fella,smart, confident,witty, and most of all willing to be a man at all costs. He isn't perfect,definitely no but he was everything I needed-even all the stuff that makes me roll my eyes and smack my teeth...he doesn't complete me but he enhances all that I am and he loves the Lord....the proposal was very simple-he wispered in my ear one day in church-hey will you marry me, I said yeah sure and he said No really and I said yeah... really. :) Folks had their good and bad things to say and its hard to have someone especially a fellow church "member" make you feel like you doing wrong or are going for doom, but allowing a man who cares for you and showing his dedication by making you his wife especially when you got a kid from a previous person is something to praise the Lord for. I thank the Lord for being Mr. Johnsons lost rib....I know everyone's testimony is not the same but hopefully the thing to be learned from this thread is not how everyone else feels but what the Lord says is truth and how you act in it...and truthfully God is love and I love my husband....nuff said :yep: HTH!

MrJohnsonsRib

Highlyfavored8: I had some really interesting things happen to me in the few months directly preceding my hubby coming into my life...and then of course, once he did, more interesting things happened afterwards. I know for a fact that people looked at me like I had lost my mind. In private, to the Lord, I was willing to be wrong and to have completely missed it - because we CAN be dead wrong about who God has chosen for our mate. A lot of times, as women, we get lost in our feelings, forgetting that the Lord is sovereign. The best advice I got from my pastor's wife was: "If he is the one, God will bring him back. If not...you will marry someone else - or not. Be prepared for all fronts - marriage to him, to someone else, or no marriage at all on earth, knowing that the Lord my Maker is your husband." It's that last part...allowing God to be "enough" (that's crazy, right, when He is EVERYTHING!?!?!) was the most difficult part for me to say AND mean. I am sooo excited about what the Lord will bring for you this year. Keep us posted!!!

NC Cutie: I am so glad that you are waiting on the Lord now. It's a rest-of-your-life step. Please don't feel lonely; you have your sisters here to encourage you always!

CJ

Very well said,very....:yep:

Amerie123

My story will be too long to type (that is really how significant it was and is). God pretty much threw this man in my face and after 2 years (appx), i finally gave in. we have the best relationship that i can ever dream of (dated for one year and been married now for 8 months). I really gotta say one word: BLESSED.
Okay, okay, I guess I gotta share a lil more (try to make a quick run-down):

**we both are in the military, met at something called "a" school (school of your job in the navy)

**I wasn't even supposed to be in "a" school during the time he went (but things happened that made me go at that time-things that didn't make sense at the time)...

**he liked me then, but i wasn't interested

**then outta everyone in "a" school during that time, we were the ONLY TWO that got stationed in a small city in VA; then when we got there, our barracks room was directly across the hall from eachother.

**he still liked me, then eventually down the line he fell in love with me... I still wasn't intersted. We were just really, really, really good friends that did everything together. I didnt even want to be with him. I thought he wasn't my type, which I know now that he actually is my type.

**Deep down something kept sayin he is the one.

*It gets more weird*

**I'm from NYC, and he is from GA-- by the way, my folks who's also from NYC moved to FL, and then to GA before me and him even got together (to an area not far from his folks)-- how strange

**he asked me out several times one day, and after a few times, I just said yes to be nice, eventually my heart got involved, and i fell in love.

**There are much more things that happened that i can type, but it would honestly be too long (all FATE/destiny kinda things). What I've shared isn't even 1/4 of the significant events that had taken place in our unity. When we sit back and look at it, it's really like something you see in the movies. I just know that God is an awesome God to have blessed me so much. I love my DH, and I couldn't ask for nothing more.
Prior to DH (a yr before we got together, i had gotten out of a very bad relationship, which allowed me to appreciate him). God heard all my tears and I knew he will bring me out.

Last edited:

MrJohnsonsRib

My story will be too long to type (that is really how significant it was and is). God pretty much threw this man in my face and after 2 years (appx), i finally gave in. we have the best relationship that i can ever dream of (dated for one year and been married now for 8 months). I really gotta say one word: BLESSED.
Okay, okay, I guess I gotta share a lil more (try to make a quick run-down):

**we both are in the military, met at something called "a" school (school of your job in the navy)

**I wasn't even supposed to be in "a" school during the time he went (but things happened that made me go at that time-things that didn't make sense at the time)...

**he liked me then, but i wasn't interested

**then outta everyone in "a" school during that time, we were the ONLY TWO that got stationed in a small city in VA; then when we got there, our barracks room was directly across the hall from eachother.

**he still liked me, then eventually down the line he fell in love with me... I still wasn't intersted. We were just really, really, really good friends that did everything together. I didnt even want to be with him. I thought he wasn't my type, which I know now that he actually is my type.

**Deep down something kept sayin he is the one.

*It gets more weird*

**I'm from NYC, and he is from GA-- by the way, my folks who's also from NYC moved to FL, and then to GA before me and him even got together (to an area not far from his folks)-- how strange

**he asked me out several times one day, and after a few times, I just said yes to be nice, eventually my heart got involved, and i fell in love.

**There are much more things that happened that i can type, but it would honestly be too long (all FATE/destiny kinda things). What I've shared isn't even 1/4 of the significant events that had taken place in our unity. When we sit back and look at it, it's really like something you see in the movies. I just know that God is an awesome God to have blessed me so much. I love my DH, and I couldn't ask for nothing more.
Prior to DH (a yr before we got together, i had gotten out of a very bad relationship, which allowed me to appreciate him). God heard all my tears and I knew he will bring me out.

Aww, thats so sweet.

It's really hard to get married in the service and have folks take you seriously, so many folks get married b/c of money and the benefits (what we call contract marriages) or get married to move into a house quicker or folks just "fall in love" with anybody....so when you announce your engagement nobody thinks you are really doing it for the right reason especially if you are young. I pressed on anyway. Folks are getting divorced left n right, the military has a 50% divorce rate! Scary! Someone told me that when I said I was getting married....I'm like really? Statistics is gonna tell me I fail? Technically I still have a 50% chance things will go well and if I know my God like I know him I'm 100% sure I'm in the 50% that WILL make it because I'm blessed like that!! Boy I had to catch myself I was beginning a sermon....whew....:lachen:Let me get out this thread.

Amerie123

Aww, thats so sweet.

It's really hard to get married in the service and have folks take you seriously, so many folks get married b/c of money and the benefits (what we call contract marriages) or get married to move into a house quicker or folks just "fall in love" with anybody....so when you announce your engagement nobody thinks you are really doing it for the right reason especially if you are young. I pressed on anyway. Folks are getting divorced left n right, the military has a 50% divorce rate! Scary! Someone told me that when I said I was getting married....I'm like really? Statistics is gonna tell me I fail? Technically I still have a 50% chance things will go well and if I know my God like I know him I'm 100% sure I'm in the 50% that WILL make it because I'm blessed like that!! Boy I had to catch myself I was beginning a sermon....whew....:lachen:Let me get out this thread.

Girl, I know exactly what you are talkin about. you are 110% right. Initially i didn't even want to be involved with anyone in the military (for some of those reasons). everyone was fallin in love for money, or because it was "the thing to do". And thats the thing that got me. But me and my DH went thru so much together, I couldn't believe it. and as far as the money, we both were already getting BAH (more money) before we got married, so i knew that wasn't our reason (like some). so, after we got married, our pay didn't change because we were already getting what we would get (as a married military couple). ugh, it annoys me with some of these military marriages, i tell you.

Last edited:

koko22

Bumping...a favorite thread of mine and I need some encouragement. You ladies are truly a Blessing. May God continue to Bless all of us.

Nice & Wavy

Dh was totally not the man I would have thought I would be with. Totally different than what I liked in a man. But, God would have His way and He had to totally do it His way because if it was up to me, I would have never been with the best man in the world!

I just knew. It was as if God spoke to me and said...."yes, him." I thought it was the devil at first, but then the Lord gave me a dream and told me that He was the one. I was obedient and we have known each other for 11 years and have been married for 8 years (August). These have been the best years of my life!!!

I'm so blessed to have listened to the Lord, because He knows what is best for us and we must know this and do what He says to do when He speaks. This is why its so important to know the voice of God!
Thanks for bumping this up, Koko22.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year Anniversary at the end of this month and I can say that if I had to do it over again, I would do it in a heartbeat! My husband is the best man in the whole, wide world!!!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Nice thread... I knew he was the one when I met him :yep:
His real name means "Friend of God" and he came along just in time and when I wasn't looking.. lol

delitefulmane

Ladies, but what did you feel spiritually. Did God confirm your feelings? Did you just know right away? How did you know that this was the man God had ordained for your life?

I have been told that two holy ghost-filled people will confirm it? Is this how it happened with you?
:bump: :bump:

luthiengirlie

Hey Coco,

For any Christian, born-again man, to find a "real" woman of God, is rare. For there are many possessors who say that they are Christians, but, oh so few who truly possess the Lord Jesus Christ and "walk as He walked.

To be a (Christ)ian is to be like Christ.

You are well worth the wait. Do not panic, do not settle, do not ignore the voice of God. Do not lower your standards just to get married.

Fall in love with Jesus. How? I'm sure you know that the more time you spend with Him, in prayer, and saturate your mind with The Good Seed, His Holy Word, and continue to ask Him to help you to Love Him with alll your heart, soul, strength and might, that you will begin to love The Lord with your total being. (Be ready for continous attacks from the enemy who will try and stop you from achieving the goal of making God first in your life. Don't fret. His job is to prevent you from seeking your Lord. Your job is to prevent him from keeping you from seeking your Lord.

"Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." Holy Bible-KJV

God will only bless what He has sanctioned. If He's not in it, you should'nt want it.

You will know whom you should marry and he will know you.

"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ, that a man should have to seek Him first to find her." Maya Angelou (Posted previously by another poster).

My sheep know My voice and the voice of a stranger they will not follow. The Holy Bible (paraphrased)

Be so deep within the will of God that you will not be deceived, no matter how smooth and suave a man may appear to be. Remember, in the beginning, everyone tries "to put their best foot forward" by being impressive. But, you must let The Holy Ghost be your spiritual x-ray. Only He can see what we cannot. Because everyone and everything is naked and bare before Him. If you seek His guidance, He will never steer you wrong.

Stand sure, stand firm, stand strong in your faith and on The Word of God. When the time comes for you to become a bride, please do not forget, on that day, to give your kind, Heavenly Father, the glory, praise and honor...

FOR HE IS WORTHY TO BE PRAISED!!!!!!

powerful

and i needed that

i truly truly did :grin::cry2::cry2::cry2:

babs30

wow truly Our Father is a good Father, He has promised that no good thing will He withhold from them that walk upright,He is so wise and loving and reading all these tesimonies definitely encourages me to keep the faith that God will perfect the things that concern me.

Nonie

I didn't really think about it at the time we started going out. But I had written God a letter many moons before asking for certain qualities, and leaving out all superficial ones like looks. It wasn't until months later after we were already an item that I found my letter to God and my hubby fits that description perfectly. What's more, God surprised me by showing me how well He could "complete the picture" in the parts I left out. I shared this story in this post.

ETA: The ending of the post is directed to the OP of that thread and gist of the whole thread, in case some of you are lost.

Last edited:

makeupgirl

bump........i'm still single but everyone's stories is giving me a lot of hope.

Thank you Father in advance for what's to come.

phynestone

These stories are so nice. Yes, as I've stated in the RF, I will make more of an effort to go out more and socialize, but I really hope that I am everything that my future husband desires in a wife.

As much as I've tried to go against this, I need a man that loves the Lord, has a relationship with Him and enjoys fellowshipping with other believers. I can't stray from my roots. I try so hard to be a good Christian woman, but I struggle daily with my flesh. I'm trying to improve my credit and increase my investments, my cooking skills, decorating skills, education and just everything about me. But I also feel pressure to be perfect before I meet the guy that God has for me. I know there are plenty of people that weren't "together" as the world views it prior to meeting and marrying their significant others, but I often wonder when my time will come.

stephluv

These stories are so nice. Yes, as I've stated in the RF, I will make more of an effort to go out more and socialize, but I really hope that I am everything that my future husband desires in a wife.

As much as I've tried to go against this, I need a man that loves the Lord, has a relationship with Him and enjoys fellowshipping with other believers. I can't stray from my roots. I try so hard to be a good Christian woman, but I struggle daily with my flesh. I'm trying to improve my credit and increase my investments, my cooking skills, decorating skills, education and just everything about me. But I also feel pressure to be perfect before I meet the guy that God has for me. I know there are plenty of people that weren't "together" as the world views it prior to meeting and marrying their significant others, but I often wonder when my time will come.
All of this- i can relate to this whole post *friendly bump*