Single Christian women are you looking only for black men?

Who would you be open to marrying?

• I'm open to any Christian man

Votes: 80 64.0%
  • I would only marry a black Christian man

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • God would have to make it OBVIOUS if he wanted me to marry a non-black Christian

Votes: 38 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kayte

how slim the pickings are for black men
I dont know why I feel that is only propaganda..or perception
to edge sentiment towards the upsell of the white man

I get impatient

if you're attracted to white men..and your ultimate gosl in marriage
is to marry one ...if that's the premise ...I say go for it
there is some thing beautiful to me about differing heritages
coming together

and many black women are adamant publicly or privately
a white is the ONLY real option..and that is the right of each woman
to each her own! and power to her...

do you really need an excuse to validate that?
and why must there be an ammunition of rationale about black guys
being less spiritual..lees available ..their image is messed up
.blah blah..it's biased
it' a prejudice to justify selecting white men
imho

because there is no such thing as white is better..it's not
it's only different ..to an extent... because..men across the board are
brothers and EQUALLY capable of vice as much
as share Christian values victory and hope :)

love is love
at the end of the day..as long as the beloved loves the Lord
and treats his woman as the Shulamite
color is meaningless

Last edited:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Culturally speaking, if one comes my way, whether from Siberia to Antarctica...I'm running the other way. I cannot handle it...not again. My issue is cultural concerning mindsets...generalizing, because I know people are individuals. But there are far too many with the "come here woman" attitude than not. I can imagine coupling that mentality with christianity and attempting to reinforce it, justifying it scripturally.:nono:, basically grasping at straws.

The strong, in-control, Black male christian...quaint...like machismo...but not for me.

Prudent1

I dont know why I feel that is only propaganda..or perception
to edge sentiment towards the upsell of the white man

I get impatient

there is some thing beautiful to me about differing heritages
coming together

and many black women are adamant publicly or privately
a white is the ONLY real option..and that is the right of each woman
to each her own! and power to her...

do you really need an excuse to validate that?
and why must there be an ammunition of rationale about black guys
being less spiritual..lees available ..their image is messed up
.blah blah..it's biased
it' a prejudice to justify selecting white men
imho

because there is no such thing as white is better..it's not
it's only different ..to an extent... because..men across the board are
brothers and EQUALLY capable of vice as much
as share Christian values victory and hope :)

love is love
at the end of the day..as long as the beloved loves the Lord
and treats his woman as the Shulamite
color is meaningless

ITA especially with the bolded. I def love the physical attributes of black men:grin: but, I know God knows me and him better than we know ourselves. So, if DH turns out to me Puerto Rican or Japanese, etc that is alright with me :yep: cuz I have learned to trust God above all. I do believe we need to be careful who we listen to. We must think about what we think about. In other words there are no man shortages in God's kingdom just as there is no recession in God's kingdom.:nono: I stay informed as I can about things that are going on in this world but I do not have to accept the same fate of the masses b/c I am not of this world just as Christ was not of this world. I wouldn't date an unbeliever anyway regardless to statistical figures. I don't want anyone but the one God has for me.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
[/B]
ITA especially with the bolded.

I def love the physical attributes of black men ... :grin:

but, I know God knows me and him better than we know ourselves. So, if DH turns out to me Puerto Rican or Japanese, etc that is alright with me :yep: cuz I have learned to trust God above all. I do believe we need to be careful who we listen to. We must think about what we think about.

In other words there are no man shortages in God's kingdom just as there is no recession in God's kingdom.:nono:

I stay informed as I can about things that are going on in this world but I do not have to accept the same fate of the masses b/c I am not of this world just as Christ was not of this world.

I wouldn't date an unbeliever anyway regardless to statistical figures. I don't want anyone but the one God has for me.

White men have 'attributes' too. :giggle:

And you are completely right... there are NO shortages of men in all of God's creation nor His Kingdom. God betrothes His daughters and betrothed His daughters, they shall be.

No matter what color, all men are beautiful and most are well 'attributed'... :yep:

I love being a 'girl' :love3: I am a beautiful compliment to God's gift of my Mr. 'Him'.

The only way to enjoy a man is to be a 'Godly' woman; and vice versa. The only way to enjoy a woman is to be a 'Godly' man; whom God hath joined together and whom no one can separate. :love5:

Last edited:

inthepink

I love this thread. Some things I deal with in my life - dating, right now (as it has been for a while) so this is right on time...(again). Funny how encouragement just sneaks up on you. :)

kayte

ITA.... I want a black man as well

Lord please let him be black

the same applies ..if your preference is a black man..go for it :) :);)
there is some thing very beautiful about the same heritages coming together
I said the same thing about an IR because neither is better
it is only based the preference of the woman
but to make it about one race of man being the better pick of man
does not feel within the realm of God's love.... but merely political
and some tones of racism..imho

Culturally speaking, if one comes my way, whether from Siberia to Antarctica...I'm running the other way. I cannot handle it...not again. My issue is cultural concerning mindsets...generalizing, because I know people are individuals. But there are far too many with the "come here woman" attitude than not. I can imagine coupling that mentality with christianity and attempting to reinforce it, justifying it scripturally., basically grasping at straws.

The strong, in-control, Black male christian...quaint...like machismo...but not for me.
no offense but THANK GOD I do not subscribe to this belief ^

though I have experinced such attitudes..years of interacting of romantic liasions ..lol
and speaking from an anthropoligical viewpoint ..and copious research
lolololol
have led Dr Kayte to conclude without doubt and from her personal data bank
that men

have stank attitudes in ALL colors....ALL COLORS ALL HERTIAGES..
and ALL are in need of God's hand
and let the people say amen...

all joking aside
it is a sad and grievous thing to pinpoint such a profile and say this reps the black male
NOT TRUE

Last edited:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Dr Kayte to conclude without doubt and from her personal data bank
that men

have stank attitudes in ALL colors....ALL COLORS ALL HERTIAGES..

all joking aside
it is a sad and grievous thing to pinpoint such a profile and say this reps the black male
NOT TRUE

I didn't necessarily say it repped the Black male...I said that I don't prefer Black men (African Americans nor Africans) simply for this 'come-here' machismo. But looking again, there's not a day that goes by that Black women don't complain about the Black male. I'm just being honest. There's this cultural element to it that rubs me wrong!!! wrong!!!!

It's not to say that there are no Black men worthy out there...there are (taken!). I just don't prefer to find out yet another one has that funky attitude that wreaks of old world nonsense. And I am aware of the plethora of stank :grunt:out there across the colors of man :lachen:. I just seriously can't stand it as I mentioned. Why? It's like the difference between chicken stock and glace'...it's just intense. I've seen a lot of womanizing and belittling and it rubs me wrong. I'm used to being free and important. I'm talking the Black men in my family.

So when somebody says "strong Black male to me," I get ansy and think of all the guys I know who have that kind of attitude...blech! I'm being honest and this coming from post-doc Gv-Na-Gi-Tlv-Ge-i lol. I'm picky...don't want a white nerdy needy guy either. I don't want machismo nor iron fisted men. I want G-d to design him but I'm afraid that "him" might not have been made yet. :lachen: KNowing my luck, Mr. Right might look like this
in any color of the rainbow. I might have to wear a blindfold. Don't take offense. I just see a lot of hurt Black women out there..hurt by Black men. Maybe the community should really open up this discussion in church...and get to the bottom of it. Some of it is cultural expectation. Some of it is just pure nonsense and sin.

chicacanella

Well, I have to admit something. I'm not married at this time but I do know who my future husband is going to be. But at one time, I was thinking that the "pickings" of African-American men were so slim that I would probably end up marrying a Nigerian man or a white man.:yep:

I was even thinking about where I could move, looking for places where there were eligible Nigerian bachelors. Just alot of stuff trying to situate myself in surroundings of good Black or white men, wasn't really thinking African-American.

I'm just waiting on God to bring this man, my future husband to the forefront and he does consider himself African-American but he is kind of like Heinz 57.:lachen:

JollyGal

I am more than willing to open my heart to a non-black Christian man.

His faith is VERY important so is his lifestyle

Duchesse

If I had it my way, my future husband would look like Ray Lewis, and be African American, and raised from a similar background as myself (and be Christian of course). But I'm not only looking for (....truthfully I'm not actively looking at all) for an AA man, but I would be super duper happy if he was. Physically, I'm attracted to black men,..esp. those who look like linebackers :look:, and culturally would love it if my man shared what makes me unique in how I was raised and what I am familiar with.

But I would not turn away from a slightly lithe white or Asian man, if we gelled on the many other important areas that I'm looking for in a husband.

..........but I really do pray he has nice even brown skin, and is over 6 feet and 220lbs!

Prudent1

White men have 'attributes' too.

Yes, they do :lachen: :lachen: I just like what I see when I look at fuller lips, athletic build, brown skin, broad noses, etc. :wink2::drool::lick:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
LOL @ Kayte, GV and Prudent.. ya'll cracking me up. :laugh:

Be careful what you pray for, you just might get it ;)

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

I want a guy with a good heart. so far that seems to be my SO who is black. He is the cute nerd with glasses who is about to become a doctor within a year when he graduates Medical School. You don't want the nerd, I'll take them any day! He's hysterically funny, kind, very cute, and also strong. He will stand up for me, and he won't take ish but he does it in a calm "Barack Obama" kind of way. Would I date outside my race? Yes! My parents used to joke that I was the United Nations. Though abstinent (I have to say that up front as I wasn't bed hopping only dating), I'd date and have boyfriends of all races. I'm equal opportunity. One day my dad had the nerve to tell this guy we didn't order Chinese, and he was my date lol! My dad used to say he never knew who'd be there when he opened the door. It was like a game show: Black? Spanish? White? Asian? I do not discriminate. I only wait on God to show me the right person. Oh and someone joked about "nerds", I'm attracted to intelligent, strong, funny men, so as long as they don't act awkward let me at em! I'll take an intelligent guy any day. It shows independence and strength to stray from the norms of being "cool" and crack open and book and study so that you can secure a wonderful future for yourself and your family. I'm definitely doing the same myself. Nerds rock!

Last edited:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I want a guy with a good heart. so far that seems to be my SO who is black. He is the cute nerd with glasses who is about to become a doctor within a year when he graduates Medical School. You don't want the nerd, I'll take them any day! He's hysterically funny, kind, very cute, and also strong. He will stand up for me, and he won't take ish but he does it in a calm "Barack Obama" kind of way.

Well, that's wonderful...but I don't think you saw my first post...it was a specific inept nerd more along the retarded side lol. I provided a pic. I think we all want guys with good hearts but also a savoir faire. BTW, I was also a nerd growing up and I also wore glasses. :yep: And I'm educated...go figure. It's all in jest.

luckiestdestiny

Well, that's wonderful...but I don't think you saw my first post...it was a specific inept nerd more along the retarded side lol.Okie dokie! I don't think I saw it lol! I provided a pic. I think we all want guys with good hearts but also a savoir faire. BTW, I was also a nerd growing up and I also wore glasses. Nerds rock.:yep: And I'm educated...go figure. Exactly. I just thought it was a stab at the good guys but in jest and I just wanted to point out that the good guys rock. But I see that I misinterpreted it!:grin:It's all in jest

I want a guy with a good heart. so far that seems to be my SO who is black. He is the cute nerd with glasses who is about to become a doctor within a year when he graduates Medical School. You don't want the nerd, I'll take them any day! He's hysterically funny, kind, very cute, and also strong. He will stand up for me, and he won't take ish but he does it in a calm "Barack Obama" kind of way. Would I date outside my race? Yes! My parents used to joke that I was the United Nations. Though abstinent (I have to say that up front as I wasn't bed hopping only dating), I'd date and have boyfriends of all races. I'm equal opportunity. One day my dad had the nerve to tell this guy we didn't order Chinese, and he was my date lol! My dad used to say he never knew who'd be there when he opened the door. It was like a game show: Black? Spanish? White? Asian? I do not discriminate. I only wait on God to show me the right person. Oh and someone joked about "nerds", I'm attracted to intelligent, strong, funny men, so as long as they don't act awkward let me at em! I'll take an intelligent guy any day. It shows independence and strength to stray from the norms of being "cool" and crack open and book and study so that you can secure a wonderful future for yourself and your family. I'm definitely doing the same myself. Nerds rock!

SAME HERE! My family has no idea who I'll show up with next. My dad told me that my I'm no longer a "Robinson," my last name is "Rodriquez" or "Hernandez." Whatevez! My family is just happy as long as he's a good guy and he's a Christian:yep:.