Married ladies: Do you always attend church with your husband?

envybeauty

Sadly, in my family, it seems all too common for the women to go to church, with kids in tow, and the fathers will stay at home. Very few of the men go to church on a regular basis.

Do you attend church with yours?

Nice & Wavy

Sadly, in my family, it seems all too common for the women to go to church, with kids in tow, and the fathers will stay at home. Very few of the men go to church on a regular basis.

Do you attend church with yours?

Yes, I do attend church services with my husband. My husband is a worshipper and he has blessed many men of the church who use to stay in their seats, but now go down to the front of the altar and praise and lift their hands up to worship and adore their Father.

It's a wonderful thing to see because there are so many men who need to let go and allow Father God to love on them.

I say, pray for the men in your family. Pray for God's love to break down the walls of pride. Pray that the Lord will soften their hearts and create in them a fire to worship Him!

mrselle

Yes, my husband and I have always attended church together. Even when we began to date seriously we went to church together. If one of us is sick we stay home together. The only times we haven't been to church together is when I was in my last weeks of pregnancy and I wasn't sleeping well at night. I would stay home to try to rest and my husband would go to church without me. Also, right after I had our baby he would go to one service and I would go to the other service, so one of us was at home with the baby. I remember the first time we all went to church as a family after the baby was born we were so excited we had someone take our picture outside the church. On my mom's side of the family the men have always attended church. My grandfather and uncles are very active in the church. My aunt goes to church, but from some of the things she's told me I don't think her husband goes to church with her very often.

envybeauty

Yes, I do attend church services with my husband. My husband is a worshipper and he has blessed many men of the church who use to stay in their seats, but now go down to the front of the altar and praise and lift their hands up to worship and adore their Father.

It's a wonderful thing to see because there are so many men who need to let go and allow Father God to love on them.

I say, pray for the men in your family. Pray for God's love to break down the walls of pride. Pray that the Lord will soften their hearts and create in them a fire to worship Him!

Kudos to your husband for reaching out to the other men in the church. I will pray but it seems so ho-hum especially because the women start early by allowing teenage boys to stay home if they want to. I say make them go as you would make them go to school and stop being so lax about it. Then when the boys grow into men with no direction, people wonder why. :wallbash:

envybeauty

Yes, my husband and I have always attended church together. Even when we began to date seriously we went to church together. If one of us is sick we stay home together. The only times we haven't been to church together is when I was in my last weeks of pregnancy and I wasn't sleeping well at night. I would stay home to try to rest and my husband would go to church without me. Also, right after I had our baby he would go to one service and I would go to the other service, so one of us was at home with the baby. I remember the first time we all went to church as a family after the baby was born we were so excited we had someone take our picture outside the church. On my mom's side of the family the men have always attended church. My grandfather and uncles are very active in the church. My aunt goes to church, but from some of the things she's told me I don't think her husband goes to church with her very often.

I like your family.

melodee

My hubby and I both go and are in service together, however our arrival times are different. I am in the music ministry and have to be there at the crack of dawn (LOL--not really but it seems like it). My hubby gets the kids ready and brings them down later. He really helps me out by doing this so that I'm not frazzled in the morning. I do, however, comb my daughter's hair.:grin:

Evolving78

Wow! I'm glad you brought this up. My Dh and I went to church together this past Sunday. I was so happy. I have been reading this book called "A Wise Woman", and it touched on the subject of allowing your husband to be the spiritually leader in the home.

A Wise Woman Builds Her House
by a FOOL Who First Built on Sinking Sand
A Book for Women
by Erin Thiele Published by:
Restore Ministries Publishing
An Imprint of Restore Ministries, Inc.
POB 830
Ozark, MO 65721 U.S.A. Ninth Revised Edition
Copyright © 2006
by Erin Thiele
The Spiritual Leader
One question many women ask is, “Who should be the spiritual leader since my husband won’t or doesn’t
lead us?” Or, many women will state, “I have to be the spiritual leader of our home because my husband is
not even a Christian!” Why are so many men neglecting or forfeiting their position as the head of their family
spiritually?
Her husband is known. Most Christian women, I believe, desire their husbands to be the spiritual leader.
“Her husband is known in the gates, when he sits among the elders of the land” (Prov. 31:23). However,
they undermine their husbands by their pushing, condemning or simply, by going to church themselves (and
bringing their children). When women enter the church to fulfill their own spiritual needs, men are left to
pursue other interests. When the men left the church, we wives fell into the hands of liberal pastors. “For
among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on
by various impulses, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the Truth” (2 Tim. 3:6–7).
Too many churches are now over-run with weak men and strong-willed women. This is hindering the
effectiveness of the church as a whole because the real men, the meek Christian men, are missing in action!
“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how will it be made salty again? It is good
for nothing anymore, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men” (Matt. 5:13).
Being in and part of a church is not as important as it is to gain real intimacy with your precious Lord and
Savior, Jesus. This goes for your children as well. Many mothers force their children to go to church, until
they run, rather than to simply walk away from the Lord. The church is a gathering of believers, and of
course, many young people get saved when they attend a service. I believe that we mothers can do much more
than the “church” when we foster the need for the Lord at home, as we lead by example and through our love
toward them and others (with love that is patient).
Many of us focus on Bible head-knowledge that leads to our feeling superior over others who are less
educated. However, it is our attitude (of humility) and our love (which is patient and kind) that wins a son, a
daughter, or a husband to the Lord. It is the self-righteous and pious Pharisee who flaunts the religion (by
running off to church and other religious groups and meetings), but neglects her duties as a wife and/or
mother, who finds her entire family rejecting Jesus.
The church would do well to focus their Bible studies on what a woman, wife, mother and homemaker should
know since over half of the homes in America (and around the world) are crumbling. Our obsession for more
knowledge (even Bible-knowledge) is often what destroys our families because it intimidates our husbands
and other men. Since the day Eve ate of the fruit to “make one wise,” women have been hungry for
“knowledge.” This hunger can be just as destructive as it was for Eve and the generations that followed her.
7. Created Female 77
Ladies, it is time to make a mass exodus out of the church, while we wait for our men (husbands, sons, and
fathers) to find their way back to God.
Ladies, this is not easy. Right after my husband returned in 1991, he church-hopped all over the city and
throughout every denomination. Finally, disheartened, he settled on “home church.” I lost a lot of my friends
during this period who accused me of backsliding since I wasn’t going to church. Even though it was hard to
home church for so many years, it was what God used to get my husband in the Word again. As a result, he
was finally saved and gave his testimony when baptized. Prior to this, I really don’t believe that he was saved,
though he claimed to be a Christian, had prayed the “sinner’s prayer” and responded to altar calls. Prior to this
time, he did not like the church, or Christians, nor did he have a desire to read his Bible. This all changed in
an instant, which is a sign of a true salvation. “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old
things passed away; behold, new things have come” (2 Cor. 5:17).
This miracle took place only because I trusted God enough to wait for Him to move my husband while I
focused on my intimacy with Him. I had to be honest and to ask myself, what would be the point if I was in
church and my husband (my children’s father) was still at home watching sports or at a movie? Most of the
women who mocked my radical submissiveness continued attending the nightly services alone without their
husbands. Dear sister, God will honor your faithfulness to His Word when you obey from your heart.
Christ is the head of every man. Christ is the head of every man, not just a Christian man. If this has been
your excuse for taking the spiritual leadership seat from your husband, then read First Corinthians 11:3, “But
I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of woman, and God is
the head of Christ.”
Teach or exercise authority over a man. We women are so foolish—we show off spiritually and are
notorious for telling our husbands how we make time to read our Bibles. We flaunt our religious books and
magazines that we read, which are the deadly actions of the self-righteous. “But I do not allow a woman to
teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet” (1 Tim. 2:12). “O My people! Their oppressors
are children, and women rule over them. O My people! Those who guide you lead you astray, and confuse
the direction of your paths” (Isa. 3:9).
Who is the head of your household spiritually? When women are the ones who rule the home, you can expect
nothing but trouble. If your mother was in charge in your home, the chances are that your home is following
this same pattern. As a Christian woman, you cannot in all good conscience allow that to continue. Now,
please do not go home and throw it onto your husband, demanding that he take over. Just begin by
concentrating all your thoughts and all your efforts on what a wife, mother and homemaker should do.
Pray continuously for the Holy Spirit to guide you. Ask Him, as you proceed from one task to the next, “What
would you have me do next, Lord?” Get your house in order, get your children in order, get your priorities in
order and leave your husband to the Lord. What he does or does not do is not your concern and not your
responsibility! God gives us so many things to do with our children, our home and our ministry (teaching
younger women “what is good”). Ladies, this is our fruit in the garden. However, all we can think about is
that forbidden fruit, teaching or exercising authority over our husbands.
For those of you who might be wondering what is the point since my husband ultimately left again—I asked
the Lord the same thing. My precious new Husband told me, so kindly and lovingly, that all the training and
dying to self was to get me ready to be His bride—wow!! Now my children have a better Father than I could
have ever hoped for (since He is the Father to the fatherless as written in Psalm 68:5). With regard to my
ministry (since my former husband was the president for years), the Lord told me that I needed to learn to be a
woman under authority before I could be a woman of authority. The same is true for you.

lisana

shame on me. I am on the flip side. DH goes to church all the time and I don't. Based on what he has told me, I am not interested in his church. There is a church pretty far that i really want to check out but I haven't made the effort to because I'm wondering if I should go to his church because he is a member even if it's not the perfect fit. So what's more important: being together at the same church or being at the church I want to be at? I'm still thinking about this. And really I don't know if I want to go to church. It's never really been a regular part of my life. And the times that I went as a child were really negative experiences for me, so I don't know.

envybeauty

shame on me. I am on the flip side. DH goes to church all the time and I don't. Based on what he has told me, I am not interested in his church. There is a church pretty far that i really want to check out but I haven't made the effort to because I'm wondering if I should go to his church because he is a member even if it's not the perfect fit. So what's more important: being together at the same church or being at the church I want to be at? I'm still thinking about this. And really I don't know if I want to go to church. It's never really been a regular part of my life. And the times that I went as a child were really negative experiences for me, so I don't know.

i say try his church. if nothing else, you will have something else that you can share with your dh even if only to see his world through his eyes. it's like golf....you may not like it, but if your husband has a hobby of playing golf or whatever, occasionally going with him will not only please him, but it will give you more insight into his world. the upshot to going to his church, is also that you may actually like. if you still don't, that's ok too. just don' tlump all churches in the same caterory without experiencing the ones you lump together first.

lisana

i say try his church. if nothing else, you will have something else that you can share with your dh even if only to see his world through his eyes. it's like golf....you may not like it, but if your husband has a hobby of playing golf or whatever, occasionally going with him will not only please him, but it will give you more insight into his world. the upshot to going to his church, is also that you may actually like. if you still don't, that's ok too. just don' tlump all churches in the same caterory without experiencing the ones you lump together first.

Your right about this. I know this in my heart, I've just been avoiding it but I really need to go with him. BUT I have to put my foot down with the golf..uh, uh, not going to happen! :lachen:

JerriBlank

:nono:
Sadly,no.
I am caribbean,so there was religion all around me growing up.I am a practicing Catholic,who grew up with a father who is very religious. This sounds cliche,but it is the only way i know how to describe him. Knowing how powerful a praying man can be(because of daddy),i a will never stop praying for the Lord to get a hold of my husband. He drops me off at church on Sundays,and picks me back up in an hour.
I would love for him to even go to church with his mother,since i don't think he would feel comfortable attending Catholic mass regularly.

janiebaby

Wow! I'm glad you brought this up. My Dh and I went to church together this past Sunday. I was so happy. I have been reading this book called "A Wise Woman", and it touched on the subject of allowing your husband to be the spiritually leader in the home.

A Wise Woman Builds Her House
by a FOOL Who First Built on Sinking Sand
A Book for Women
by Erin Thiele Published by:
Restore Ministries Publishing
An Imprint of Restore Ministries, Inc.
POB 830
Ozark, MO 65721 U.S.A. Ninth Revised Edition
Copyright © 2006
by Erin Thiele
The Spiritual Leader
One question many women ask is, “Who should be the spiritual leader since my husband won’t or doesn’t
lead us?” Or, many women will state, “I have to be the spiritual leader of our home because my husband is
not even a Christian!” Why are so many men neglecting or forfeiting their position as the head of their family
spiritually?
Her husband is known. Most Christian women, I believe, desire their husbands to be the spiritual leader.
“Her husband is known in the gates, when he sits among the elders of the land” (Prov. 31:23). However,
they undermine their husbands by their pushing, condemning or simply, by going to church themselves (and
bringing their children). When women enter the church to fulfill their own spiritual needs, men are left to
pursue other interests. When the men left the church, we wives fell into the hands of liberal pastors. “For
among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on
by various impulses, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the Truth” (2 Tim. 3:6–7).
Too many churches are now over-run with weak men and strong-willed women. This is hindering the
effectiveness of the church as a whole because the real men, the meek Christian men, are missing in action!
“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how will it be made salty again? It is good
for nothing anymore, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men” (Matt. 5:13).
Being in and part of a church is not as important as it is to gain real intimacy with your precious Lord and
Savior, Jesus. This goes for your children as well. Many mothers force their children to go to church, until
they run, rather than to simply walk away from the Lord. The church is a gathering of believers, and of
course, many young people get saved when they attend a service. I believe that we mothers can do much more
than the “church” when we foster the need for the Lord at home, as we lead by example and through our love
toward them and others (with love that is patient).
Many of us focus on Bible head-knowledge that leads to our feeling superior over others who are less
educated. However, it is our attitude (of humility) and our love (which is patient and kind) that wins a son, a
daughter, or a husband to the Lord. It is the self-righteous and pious Pharisee who flaunts the religion (by
running off to church and other religious groups and meetings), but neglects her duties as a wife and/or
mother, who finds her entire family rejecting Jesus.
The church would do well to focus their Bible studies on what a woman, wife, mother and homemaker should
know since over half of the homes in America (and around the world) are crumbling. Our obsession for more
knowledge (even Bible-knowledge) is often what destroys our families because it intimidates our husbands
and other men. Since the day Eve ate of the fruit to “make one wise,” women have been hungry for
“knowledge.” This hunger can be just as destructive as it was for Eve and the generations that followed her.
7. Created Female 77
Ladies, it is time to make a mass exodus out of the church, while we wait for our men (husbands, sons, and
fathers) to find their way back to God.
Ladies, this is not easy. Right after my husband returned in 1991, he church-hopped all over the city and
throughout every denomination. Finally, disheartened, he settled on “home church.” I lost a lot of my friends
during this period who accused me of backsliding since I wasn’t going to church. Even though it was hard to
home church for so many years, it was what God used to get my husband in the Word again. As a result, he
was finally saved and gave his testimony when baptized. Prior to this, I really don’t believe that he was saved,
though he claimed to be a Christian, had prayed the “sinner’s prayer” and responded to altar calls. Prior to this
time, he did not like the church, or Christians, nor did he have a desire to read his Bible. This all changed in
an instant, which is a sign of a true salvation. “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old
things passed away; behold, new things have come” (2 Cor. 5:17).
This miracle took place only because I trusted God enough to wait for Him to move my husband while I
focused on my intimacy with Him. I had to be honest and to ask myself, what would be the point if I was in
church and my husband (my children’s father) was still at home watching sports or at a movie? Most of the
women who mocked my radical submissiveness continued attending the nightly services alone without their
husbands. Dear sister, God will honor your faithfulness to His Word when you obey from your heart.
Christ is the head of every man. Christ is the head of every man, not just a Christian man. If this has been
your excuse for taking the spiritual leadership seat from your husband, then read First Corinthians 11:3, “But
I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of woman, and God is
the head of Christ.”
Teach or exercise authority over a man. We women are so foolish—we show off spiritually and are
notorious for telling our husbands how we make time to read our Bibles. We flaunt our religious books and
magazines that we read, which are the deadly actions of the self-righteous. “But I do not allow a woman to
teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet” (1 Tim. 2:12). “O My people! Their oppressors
are children, and women rule over them. O My people! Those who guide you lead you astray, and confuse
the direction of your paths” (Isa. 3:9).
Who is the head of your household spiritually? When women are the ones who rule the home, you can expect
nothing but trouble. If your mother was in charge in your home, the chances are that your home is following
this same pattern. As a Christian woman, you cannot in all good conscience allow that to continue. Now,
please do not go home and throw it onto your husband, demanding that he take over. Just begin by
concentrating all your thoughts and all your efforts on what a wife, mother and homemaker should do.
Pray continuously for the Holy Spirit to guide you. Ask Him, as you proceed from one task to the next, “What
would you have me do next, Lord?” Get your house in order, get your children in order, get your priorities in
order and leave your husband to the Lord. What he does or does not do is not your concern and not your
responsibility! God gives us so many things to do with our children, our home and our ministry (teaching
younger women “what is good”). Ladies, this is our fruit in the garden. However, all we can think about is
that forbidden fruit, teaching or exercising authority over our husbands.
For those of you who might be wondering what is the point since my husband ultimately left again—I asked
the Lord the same thing. My precious new Husband told me, so kindly and lovingly, that all the training and
dying to self was to get me ready to be His bride—wow!! Now my children have a better Father than I could
have ever hoped for (since He is the Father to the fatherless as written in Psalm 68:5). With regard to my
ministry (since my former husband was the president for years), the Lord told me that I needed to learn to be a
woman under authority before I could be a woman of authority. The same is true for you.

You know I love the truth!!!!

texasqt

Shortdub78 posts was very enlightening. My husband and I have just made 6 months of marriage. Before, we would go to church together and often but now its a different story. On one hand, I get up and go by myself because of my wanting to subject myself to our pastor's teachings of the word, but then I have this great feeling of anomousity (sp?) towards him becauase our plan for our marriage was that we would be consistent church goers and I feel like he's not being a man of his word. So on the other hand, I've started thinking about not going until he says we are :ohwell: to allow him to be the head and dictator of our household. I tried it and did not go for about a month or so but then it really starting eating me up because I'm thinking, does he not care about my spiritual growth let alone ours as a family???

I really became impatient with him and it has been affecting our relationship alot. Maybe this is OT to the OP but I'm really lost with this. I want to go to and be involved in church. It has always been my desire to do so. One of my resolutions was to never miss a Sunday this year unless I had some dire emergency or sickness, etc. but I feel like if I do go without him, I will continue to grow spiritually without him and I fear that will cause us to grow apart from each other. :perplexed I know I have to work on my faith in prayer and giving things totally to God because only he can work this one out but I'm losing faith in my husband - fast :nono:

envybeauty

I'm OP and I don't mind.

Did you talk about this with your husband? Do you pray at home with your husband?

Tell him how you feel.

Shortdub78 posts was very enlightening. My husband and I have just made 6 months of marriage. Before, we would go to church together and often but now its a different story. On one hand, I get up and go by myself because of my wanting to subject myself to our pastor's teachings of the word, but then I have this great feeling of anomousity (sp?) towards him becauase our plan for our marriage was that we would be consistent church goers and I feel like he's not being a man of his word. So on the other hand, I've started thinking about not going until he says we are :ohwell: to allow him to be the head and dictator of our household. I tried it and did not go for about a month or so but then it really starting eating me up because I'm thinking, does he not care about my spiritual growth let alone ours as a family???

I really became impatient with him and it has been affecting our relationship alot. Maybe this is OT to the OP but I'm really lost with this. I want to go to and be involved in church. It has always been my desire to do so. One of my resolutions was to never miss a Sunday this year unless I had some dire emergency or sickness, etc. but I feel like if I do go without him, I will continue to grow spiritually without him and I fear that will cause us to grow apart from each other. :perplexed I know I have to work on my faith in prayer and giving things totally to God because only he can work this one out but I'm losing faith in my husband - fast :nono:

dreysonsmommy2011

I am not married,but my SO and I always attend church together. There are a few instances when we can't due to our jobs, but other than that we attend together

Nice & Wavy

I want to encourage you to hold on. I'm sure its really hard for you to have to go to church alone without dh, especially since that was apart of your relationship prior to marriage.

However, as much as it may hurt you to go without him...do it anyway. Grow spiritually...that's important for you and for him. The bible says that the cleaniness of your hands will save your husband. Growing spiritually will only benefit you both because you will then be able to see some things that you can pray for that maybe you are not seeing right now, because you are hurt.

God has the both of you in the palms of His hands. You keep doing your part and let God do His. Keep loving your husband...no matter what. We must keep our word that we spoke to God on the altar when we said.."for better or worse...in sickness and in health...etc." When we said those words, we made a covenant agreement with our mate and with God and we cannot break that covenant, especially over something like this.

Please pray until the answer that God has for you come to your heart. Don't make any hasty decisions. Remember this....it's temporary and subject to change. Things don't always remain the same...do they? As women of God, we have the power to overcome those things that will seem hopeless, because we have the Word of God within our hearts.

I will most certainly be praying for you both. God is not through with him (dh) yet.

Just stand...and after you have done all to stand.....STAND!

Caramela

Yes I am fortunate my husband and I attend bible studies and worship services together. We go to to 2 bible studies a week and then at least 2 services on Sundays. It's amazing.