What kind of church do you attend?

Glib Gurl

I go to a really "granola" church. It's non-denominational, multiracial (but mostly white), multigenerational community. I do miss the gospel flava of the megachurch I used to attend, but the thing that really drew me to the church was that it really has the Gospel at its heart -- focusing on welcoming the stranger and doing service beyond the four walls of the church.

What about you?

rowenah14

I go to a small Baptist church in the suburbs. The congregation is mainly Caucasian but everyone is really accepting of different cultures, which is nice. I have people begging to touch my hair every Sunday! I like the fact that my church is small because I know pretty much everyone. I also like the fact that they have interesting guest speakers quite often and are very involved in missionary work. :)

Mocha5

Glib Gurl said:
I go to a really "granola" church. It's non-denominational, multiracial (but mostly white), multigenerational community. I do miss the gospel flava of the megachurch I used to attend, but the thing that really drew me to the church was that it really has the Gospel at its heart -- focusing on welcoming the stranger and doing service beyond the four walls of the church.

What about you?

Ditto at crunchy granola but there are a lot of Latinos at my church as well. Latinos, Italians, Caucasians, Jamaicans, you name it...I LOVE MY CHURCH! But like you said I do miss the gospel music. I really enjoy Christian Contemporary music but sometimes...just sometimes...I wanna take back home in a lil' white schoolhouse church...sigh... :look:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Non-denominational....HOWEVER we have a very strong Pentacostal background. ;)

dreamer26

bludacious said:
I attend a mega church in Atlanta...
check us out...

www.elizabethbaptist.org

Oh I love your Pastor, Graig Oliver. He and my pastor Gary Williams are friends and we love it when you all come to visit.

Tell him we haven't seen him in a while and it's time to come back home.

The next time I come to ATL I'll stay for a Sunday visit.

WomanlyCharm

Medium sized church. United Methodist.
When I was younger, it was all black, but over the years, it's become multi-cultural, with whites and hispanics attending. Great gospel choir, the members do alot of work in the community.

bludacious

dreamer26 said:
Oh I love your Pastor, Graig Oliver. He and my pastor Gary Williams are friends and we love it when you all come to visit.

Tell him we haven't seen him in a while and it's time to come back home.

The next time I come to ATL I'll stay for a Sunday visit.

Yes, when you in ATL hit us up for a visit. Best believe you will be blessed! And at EBC, we'd be glad to have you!

justsimply

I attend a non-denom. because they were the first to make me feel like they meant "come as you are" since leaving home many moons ago. When I had basically given up on church someone recommended them. They helped get me back on track and it took/is taking a looooonnnng time. The pastor is great and teaches how to apply the Word to everyday life. I feel that they embraced me and still told me I was wrong.

However I grew up pentecostal and now I'm really starting to miss it. I'm in a predominantly non-black town and can't find that "memory" (but you know the good old days are always better in our memory). Just Sunday I went to a local Baptist church (where most of our black community belongs) just to hear the singing and the Pastor PREACH.

GlamourGirl

I go to a mega church in Dallas...I'm sure everyone can guess what church it is:)...but I love it because it is multicultured and it is right next to my university and we have great guest speakers as well. Oh and it is non-denominational with pentecostal aspects;).

ClassicBeauty

GlamourGirl said:
I go to a mega church in Dallas...I'm sure everyone can guess what church it is:)...but I love it because it is multicultured and it is right next to my university and we have great guest speakers as well. Oh and it is non-denominational with pentecostal aspects;).

I went to your church (I'm assuming that's the one you're talking about) this sunday and I saw what appeared to be a lot of Nikko's cousins there. :) It was a great service. Of the few times that I've been there, I have yet to hear your Bishop preach. Maybe next time. The guest minister was awesome each time so I'm not complaining!

MindTwister

Thanks to Firecracker I attend a Missionary Baptist Church in Compton, California. Church is called Faith Inspirational and so far I really like it:)
Service yesterday was on some other level:)