Marshae Jones: Woman Charged With Manslaughter For Suffering Miscarriage After Getting Shot

Discussion in 'News - Breaking News & Political Forum' started by OhTall1, Jun 27, 2019.

1. C@ssandr@

[email protected]@ formerly known as "keyawarren"

Blog Posts:
    How can we push back on these potential regulations?

2. meka72

meka72 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I think she can because she claims that she voted for PBO. But she likes to lie so I don’t know lol.

metro_qt and Crackers Phinn like this.
  3. meka72

meka72 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I love my aunt but she’s not the sharpest tool on the tool shed. Lol. She is, and always has been, a member of Team Bad Decisions.

ETA: Sorry. I don’t really know how to answer your question honestly. She lives her life in a manner no one else in our branch of the family lives.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    metro_qt and RUBY like this.
  4. SoopremeBeing

SoopremeBeing Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Well no, but I also wouldn’t shoot her in the stomach 5 times either.

That’s a risky scenario you pose....everyone has the right to defend themselves, but it get murky when you have to defend yourself against a pregnant woman. Even pushing her could potentially hurt the baby. And then they’d try to nail you for manslaughter if something did happen.

We cannot ignore the fact that pregnancy is a very vulnerable time for a woman. From the moment you become pregnant to the minute you give birth. You could literally be doing NOTHING and have a miscarriage....it happens more often than it should.

Even if it ended up being a basic fistfight, any blows that Marshae would have received, coupled with her increased heart rate, could have affected her baby negatively as well.

Just saying.

5. straightlovely

straightlovely Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:

So, are you of the opinion that it doesn't matter because they're poor women?! What are you saying?? This is a ridiculous statement.

6. Crackers Phinn

Crackers Phinn Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

Blog Posts:
    It's too late. That's why I said black women ought to be shook.

The pro lifers been building legal precedents to get this outcome for decades. It took a steady stream of funding and single minded people, keeping their eye on the ball to do so. Black folks ain't got that kind of focus, money or time. This is what pushback is going to look like at this stage.
    [​IMG]
    Odds are Marshae Jones or a similar case is going to the Supreme Court which is now majority conservative and staunchly Pro-Life. The south has always been a lost cause, the rest of the red states will follow, when the Supreme Court overturns Roe V. Wade, then women living in the coasts and blue states will be :censored: right along with everybody else.

7. dancinstallion

dancinstallion Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Of course it matters. The women that this is targeting and it should matter the most to, don't care and aren't worried about this at all!!

So what about my statement is ridiculous? Nevermind don't answer. Because this whole topic and the fact that Marshae is in jail is ridiculous.

Carry on but besides this hair board I don't see or hear any black women talking about this issue.

8. RUBY

RUBY Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    No worries. I just always wonder what happens to the people who make those type of decisions and if it has a lasting effect on their lives.

There have been a couple of stories I've heard of recently of babies being left in carrier bags and dumped, one in a dumpster and the other in a park. Both children are alive. Then there was another story of a baby's body being found in an airplane toilet. It was blocking the toilet. In all three cases I wonder what the women did / do next?

meka72 likes this.
  9. Ms. Tarabotti

Ms. Tarabotti Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    How can you give birth in a airplane toilet and it not be noticed? Did the woman have a 5 minute labor where it just flew out her body with no blood or umbilical cord attached to it?

10. straightlovely

straightlovely Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    ok

11. RUBY

RUBY Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
  12. Southernbella.

Southernbella. Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    A woman charged with manslaughter after she was shot and lost her unborn baby will not be prosecuted, officials said on Wednesday.

The indictment against Marshae Jones stemmed from a fight, and subsequent shooting, in Pleasant Grove in December.

At Wednesday’s press conference, Bessemer Cutoff District Attorney Lynneice Washington said there will be no further legal action against Jones.

"As I have previously stated, this is truly a disturbing and heartbreaking case. An unborn child was tragically lost, and families on both sides of this matter have suffered,’’ Washington said. “Nothing we do today or in the future will change that reality.”

“The issue before us is whether it’s appropriate to try to hold someone legally culpable for the actions that led to the death of the unborn child,’’ she said. “There are no winners, only losers, in this sad ordeal.”

"After reviewing the facts of this case and the applicable state law, I have determined that it is not in the best interest of justice to pursue prosecution of Ms. Jones on the manslaughter charge for which she was indicted by the grand jury,’’ Washington said. “Therefore, I am hereby dismissing this case, and no further legal action will be taken against Ms. Jones in this matter.”

rayne, Chipmunk, chocolat79 and 21 others like this.
  13. Southernbella.

Southernbella. Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    This is the DA

[​IMG]

The last DA that declined to prosecute a black person over something stupid was also black. It's not always the case but black faces in high places CAN be the difference between freedom and worse.

rayne, Laela, Chipmunk and 21 others like this.
  14. Crackers Phinn

Crackers Phinn Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

Blog Posts:
  15. nyeredzi

nyeredzi Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    It's a relief the charges were dismissed, but the fact that she was charged at all has me shook.

16. Kanky

Kanky Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    They are testing the waters with unpopular minorities in less sympathetic circumstances. If there hadn’t been media attention and public outcry she’d be on her way to prison.

17. C@ssandr@

[email protected]@ formerly known as "keyawarren"

Blog Posts:
    My mom predicts that she gonna go and try to beat the girls behind anyway.

Guapa1 likes this.
  18. meka72

meka72 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I hope this unfortunate incident will cause some positive change in Marshae.

19. HappilyLiberal

HappilyLiberal Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Not holding my breath!