Maxiglide Look Alike/Work Alike??

McQuay30

I guess my question is there a generic maxiglide, like for the CHI you can purchase the GVP from Sally's??

Not that I am aware of, but there are some flat irons out there that have teeth on the sides, but not on the whole plate like the maxi. I found this one for about $10 at Big Lots YEARS AGO but the sucker is loud and annoying (probably why it was $10) and who knows where it is now. It has gotten pretty bad reviews on the website below. I can't speak on if it works well or not, I couldn't use it after a few minutes of the noise. It sounds like the instyler but the sound is constant where the instyler only makes the noise when you clamp it down. :/

http://www.folica.com/Hot_Tools_Ion_C_r1311_1.html

I have one like this
!BU-VR2w!2k~$(KGrHgoH-D4EjlLl0WegBKQNrU)J2w~~_35.JPG
It's by Conair. You can use it regular or wet to dry. It does have teeth but it doesn't steam or anything. It worked pretty well although I have no idea where that thing is now

Maybe I should try an iron with more of a detangler feature like the Conair or the one by Hot Tools, because making sure my hair is detangled to the roots for the maxiglide may be a bit hard.

Back