Maxiglide vs Flatiron for relaxed hair

Missi

I don't know which is better but my hair is relaxed but i would like a flat iron that can get into my new growth cause my natural hair is 4a but my relaxed hair is a 2b. I don't know if a maxiglide is too much for my hair but a regular flatiron isn't strong enough for my curls......any suggestions on which is better for my hair?

SparklingFlame

Definatly use a maxiglide. It can get right up next to your scalp. If it can straiten my hair, then it can straiten anybodys!

fuchsiastar

When my hair was natural the maxiglide worked wonders!! I was loving it! When I became relaxed I found it was a little too hot, like it was singeing my hair. Now I use a regular 3/4" flat iron and get close to my scalp with it. I keep it on the roots (where the new growth is) longer, and slide it over my more relaxed ends very quickly. I don't know if that is minimizing my heat exposure, but it works for me and gets all of my hair the same texture.

Missi

fuchsiastar said:
When my hair was natural the maxiglide worked wonders!! I was loving it! When I became relaxed I found it was a little too hot, like it was singeing my hair. Now I use a regular 3/4" flat iron and get close to my scalp with it. I keep it on the roots (where the new growth is) longer, and slide it over my more relaxed ends very quickly. I don't know if that is minimizing my heat exposure, but it works for me and gets all of my hair the same texture.

did you use it on the lowest setting?