Maxiglide without steam/pins

lonei

Who uses it like this? I ask because I used it last week after a wrap/relaxer under the dryer. However, when I took my hair down from the wrap it was frizzy like I had only blow dryed it on cool! I may have to try it without the steam as my texlaxed hair cant seem to handle being re-wet. The pins pulled out some hair too, and I didnt squeeze tightly! I used giovanni frizz be gone- and its strange as the frizz is now in abundance! What should I do next time?

Hello,
I just bought this iron and the first time I used it I loved it! The second time I used it, I had more problems than I bargined for. I used the Maxtex cream that came free with a package of his rollers (I don't mean the Beyond Striaght and the Ends- this was some other stuff). My hair was sooo tangled and wouldn't go through the iron! Even after I combed each piece before putting it through the pins on the iron. My hair felt- no, feels like straw. I just haven't felt like shampooing it and starting all over since I did this yesterday.

I think that you need to comb the small section of hair before gliding it through the pins. Also, be aware of how much product you are using- start with just a little, then add more if you need it. The steam will help straighten the hair because you will use it with the hot plates, so you hair will notfrizz. Lastly, keep that pins plate clean! Wash it with mild soap and a tooth brush, all the build up will cause scorching and burning smell

lana

I just wanted to say that I bought a Maxiglide over the weekend and I tell you it was the best purchase I've made EVER for my hair. I love how straight it got my 4a/b hair. I got salon results.

The downside is that I think the steam made my hair frizz by the second day. But I'll try pincurls tonight.

Laura

RoseGolden

Can I ask a question? How good is the maxiglide at getting to the roots? Can you get really close without burning? thanks

sprungonhairboards

I LOVED my Maxiglide when I first got it. Over time the pins started pulling out my hair too. I ended up getting a Sedu for that reason. (Love it by the way).

I tried the Maxi with the smooth plates and wasn't impressed. It didn't straighten nearly as well. I think the steam and the pins are the only thing that make it different/better than any cheapie flat iron. Then again my hair is really resistant.

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
I personally didn't like the Maxiglide. I'm glad everyone else has such excellent results with theirs though. I intended to take mine back to the store and ended up throwing out the box. I've used it exactly once and I can't imagine why I'd ever use it again, as I ended up having to go over my hair with my Chi after I was done anyhow.

But then again I prefer extremes. I wear my hair super curly or super straight.

secretdiamond

I LOVE the maxiglide and I'ev never ever used it with pins. I never knew why ppl would use it with the pins as it pulls my hair out too much. They give you the extra plates that are smooth as an option, and I put those babies on the second I got my iron. HTH

lonei

secretdiamond said:
I LOVE the maxiglide and I'ev never ever used it with pins. I never knew why ppl would use it with the pins as it pulls my hair out too much. They give you the extra plates that are smooth as an option, and I put those babies on the second I got my iron. HTH

Whats your hair type and what setting did you use it on?

secretdiamond

lonei said:
Whats your hair type and what setting did you use it on?

I'm sorry I'm so late. I haven't been on here in days. My hair type is 4b and I use it on 1 or 2 (sometimes 3) after airdrying and adding some serum.