Pin Curls on Texlaxed Hair...

lonei

Has anyone with texlaxed/underprocessed hair used SouthernGirlz pin-curl method on wet/damp hair and air dryed or gone under the dryer with it? What products did you use? Did it come out frizzy?

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I just looked at SouthernGirlz technique. I'll have to try this out as well this Saturday to see how it works with shorter texlaxed hair, too. :)

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I tried this yesterday and loved it!!!!! :D I wasn’t sure how it would turn out as my hair isn’t terribly long (see my sig.), and am now determined to do a better job of it next weekend.

To get my hair smoother in preparation for the curls, I conditioned my hair with BBD Stretch, as I didn’t have any ORS Replenishing Packs on-hand. I followed SouthernGirlz techniques, which I had a little difficulty at first getting the hang of, but got my hair all curled. A big mistake I made (being anxious to see the results) I didn’t allow a few parts of my hair to dry properly. :(

When I took the pin curls down, I unearthed some long-buried serum and coated my hands with it before shaking the curls out and lightly separating with my serum-coated fingers. My hair was absolutely lovely and bouncy (I hardly recognized it)....until those damper parts of my hair started to dry and took some of the definition out and “bouffed” up, which is why I’ll try again. :ohwell:

But—all in all—my hair actually reminded me of the styles worn by the women in some ancient Greek frescos and pottery! :lol: (Sorry, I’m an archeology buff! :eek: )

So, I found pin curling works very well on my texlaxed hair....as long a I allow it to dry properly!

sarel

Thanks Legend! :) I just looked @ SG's technique and it turned out lovely on her! I'll give it a try and post my updates.

Has anyone else tried it?