meet Sage....

Caramela

I really like it, it's similar to my braidouts as well. Did you trim it at all, or is that the length it came in? I think I am going to order it in the 1B/27 to calm my cravings for hi-lites, lol.

No trimming at all, required :drunk:

Bublin said:
Looks great. Are you wearing it as a protective and if so how are you wearing your hair underneath?

Yes as a protective :yep: I'm doing something... but I'm not sure what yet. Maybe stretching? Maybe transitioning? I haven't decided yet. My hair is currently brastrap/midback-ish... and I'm just doing wet buns, sealed w/vaseline underneath... I bought 3 falls and 2 phony ponies and I'm going to try to go 6 mo relaxer free and go from there. I just don't want to sacrifice style in the meantime. I'm not going to wear falls daily, maybe just a couple times a week.

natieya

Beautiful fall! I'm not really understanding how it works, tho. Is your hair pulled back inside it somewhere or...umm, how does that work?

Thanks for humoring my questions...:rolleyes:

MochaKochaLatte

wow that is so funny.....I just order this yesterday, I loved the look. It looks very lovely on you, hopely I will love mine when it comes in!!

DivaRox

That looks wonderful. You remind me of sylver2 as well with that braidout-both of you are pretty ladies:yep:

crlsweetie912

OMG! I have seen people raving about sage on another board. LOVE IT!
Adding it to my wish list. You are so pretty Caramela. You remind me of sylver2:grin:

Caramela

Awww :love: Thanks ladies for all your compliments and comparisons. Sylver2 is a lovely young lady :yep:

Beautiful fall! I'm not really understanding how it works, tho. Is your hair pulled back inside it somewhere or...umm, how does that work?

Thanks for humoring my questions...:rolleyes:

You part your hair from ear to ear... some people only leave out a small amount of hair, others leave out more. It depends on how close your hair texture is to the fall and how long you want the fall, to...welll... fall:grin: The fall (or 1/2 wig) has combs in the front and back of it, and some have drawstrings. You secure the lower half of your hair, either in cornrows, a bun, a low pony that you can tuck into the wig, and you insert the combs in the top and then back of the lower half of your hair. Some women opt not to use the combs for fear of breakage, but if you are gently placing them in and meticulously careful about removing them, breakage shouldn't be a concern.
You then just blend the front of your hair into the wig after you've curled, waved, or straightened the portion that stays out so it matches the texture of the fall. HTH... And they're pretty affordable $17.99 - $35 for synthetic... Most BSS sell them for $19.99 and they have all different lengths for the same price, long short, curly straight, etc, etc ....

Monigirl

Caramela!!!!! Wow you look beautiful and Sage compliments you totally!!! I couldn't wait for you to post pics since that last thread you posted. You make me want to go buy Sage. LOL!!!! :grin: You look fabulous!!!

Going to see if Sage by Chade comes in different colors and price. :grin:

Last edited:

tthreat08

These are pics of my new fall named Sage. I did a braid out on dry hair to blend and it blended perfectly! My husband came into the bedroom and I asked him if he liked it ... he said eh, yeah it looks nice... I told him it was a wig and he said a wig??? he couldn't tell. This looks like my summer braid outs! :yep: Definetly a keeper!

LOl! I love it. This is beautiful. I got my DH the same way....only then did he come off of his "I don't want you wearing a wig" kick!

Caramela

Caramela!!!!! Wow you look beautiful and Sage compliments you totally!!! I couldn't wait for you to post pics since that last thread you posted. You make me want to go buy Sage. LOL!!!! :grin: You look fabulous!!!

Going to see if Sage by Chade comes in different colors and price. :grin:

Thanks, Ladies. Monigirl, did you find your shade? I want to order me another Sage to have on reserve. I wish I could find this style in human hair. I'd definitely invest!

Monigirl

Thanks, Ladies. Monigirl, did you find your shade? I want to order me another Sage to have on reserve. I wish I could find this style in human hair. I'd definitely invest!

Yeap,
I am 1B (OFF Black) and I am so tempted to buy it. I am going to see if a few local BSS sells it before I purchase it. I hate shipping and handling fees so much. LOL!!!! Thanks for posting your awesome results.

Caramela

Yeap,
I am 1B (OFF Black) and I am so tempted to buy it. I am going to see if a few local BSS sells it before I purchase it. I hate shipping and handling fees so much. LOL!!!! Thanks for posting your awesome results.

Thanks, sweetie! I couldn't find anything similar in the BSS... but hopefully you do. Post pics! I have another 1/2 wig that I might try this weekend. It's called "Rhianna"... I would have to curl my hair with my Caruso's to blend. It's a long wig! My hubby loves it though.

natieya

Awww :love: Thanks ladies for all your compliments and comparisons. Sylver2 is a lovely young lady :yep:

You part your hair from ear to ear... some people only leave out a small amount of hair, others leave out more. It depends on how close your hair texture is to the fall and how long you want the fall, to...welll... fall:grin: The fall (or 1/2 wig) has combs in the front and back of it, and some have drawstrings. You secure the lower half of your hair, either in cornrows, a bun, a low pony that you can tuck into the wig, and you insert the combs in the top and then back of the lower half of your hair. Some women opt not to use the combs for fear of breakage, but if you are gently placing them in and meticulously careful about removing them, breakage shouldn't be a concern.
You then just blend the front of your hair into the wig after you've curled, waved, or straightened the portion that stays out so it matches the texture of the fall. HTH... And they're pretty affordable $17.99 - $35 for synthetic... Most BSS sell them for $19.99 and they have all different lengths for the same price, long short, curly straight, etc, etc ....

Thanks for this explanation, Caramela! :giveheart:

Caramela

Why, thanks, Ladies :yep:
March 87 post pics when you get her! Just do a braid out on the front of your hair.