Men - do they know when your hair is fake?

HairQueen

I don't wear wigs. I wish I could, but with a big head and thick hair it just wouldn't look right. I do wear braids often and I add hair always. I find that men are amazed that when I do wear my own hair that it is ACTUALLY MY HAIR. They just no without me having to answer the question-yes, it's my real hair. I had to attend a class trip to the prison for the academy and when I walked past a group of black inmates, the big argument was whether my hair was real or not:blush:. Most of them said it was real:yep:. You would think they had something better to talk about be it this is a MAXIMUM 4 PRISON:rolleyes:. In general I think most men know and don't care either way. I had some men, that I have gone out with, tell me that they hate women that wear fake hair:blush::perplexed:ohwell:. That's when I change the subject, finish dinner, and never call them again. I am sorry, I can't have a man telling me what I can and can't do with/to my hair:nono:. One day I just might rock a cute wig:rolleyes:.

Maybe its just a preference? - like some women don't like men with dreds, or cornrows or bald heads? I have a friend who hates men with long hair I on the other hand looove men with long hair..

xSweetxCaramelx

My boyfriend can't tell when i have clip-on hair extensions or my own hair, i try to have them close to my own length or 3 inches longer.

NYAmicas

Seeker
Recently I had a guy in my class touch the back of my hair and exclaim, "so that's all your hair!" I just ignored him. I really dont know if people think it's real or not but I dont wear weave and haven't been outright accused of doing so. I for one cant tell if someone is wearing a weave most of the time and I truly dont care.

nicey

I wear wigs and I really don't care if they think it's fake or not. My motto is, it's mine because I paid for it. :grin:

Last edited:

gabulldawg

Maybe its just a preference? - like some women don't like men with dreds, or cornrows or bald heads? I have a friend who hates men with long hair I on the other hand looove men with long hair..

I know for me if a man says that it signifies his ignorance. When most men can't even tell if a woman's hair is real or fake how can you say that you don't like women who wear fake hair? :perplexed

yuriko

Lets be real, if the average white guy met a girl in a bar and when he finally gets her to bed, she takes off her wig, he would be like wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure most men would like a girl who was wearing just her natural hair regardless of it is short or long. But it is so superficial that most men can't pick a girl based on hair. So they end up saying they don't care.

Belle Du Jour

Even though most would prefer naturally long hair, I think they just care about the entire presentation! If it looks good, it's all good :yep:

CurlyMoo

I've never been one to take the hair out the packet and place it straight on my head. I always cut it shorter, thin it out, dip it in vinegar, condition it AND wear the front of my real out and curl it to match.

I know it doesn't bother some women but I hate wearing fake hair so I was a bit embarrassed when he made that comment - kind of like I had been caught out lol!!

A male friend of mine thinks it is my hair and he always asks me "is that really your real hair? its so nice." I just find it hard to say no its not my hair - especially when I know that underneath my hair is almost the same length as the weave....

You are not obligated to confirm or deny that you are wearing a weave.

HairQueen

Lets be real, if the average white guy met a girl in a bar and when he finally gets her to bed, she takes off her wig, he would be like wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure most men would like a girl who was wearing just her natural hair regardless of it is short or long. But it is so superficial that most men can't pick a girl based on hair. So they end up saying they don't care.

:lachen:White girls wear fake tans.....or does that not compare with fake hair??:look:

glamazon386

Why would she take it off? :look: I leave mine on for all activities unless I'm home alone.

jerjer29

actually men do know. Men also know when women's breasts are fake a lot of the times, especially if they've dated a woman with fake breast. So if he's dated a woman with a weave then he'll know.

yuriko

:lachen:White girls wear fake tans.....or does that not compare with fake hair??:look:
A fake tan is not comparable IMO, you can either spray it on or get in a tanning bed, no biggie, its more comparable to make up, and some men don't care for make-up.

White girls wear tracks too however, and am sure some unsuspecting white guy would be surprised when he runs his hands over her scalp. And also a lot of white women are blonde these days and most of em aint natural blondes; but it is so common amongst white women, that white men can't really complain about it.

But Like I said, it is very superficial. Especially when it is so common for black women to use hair extensions. It sounds like an excuse to say you don't like black women IMO

Last edited: