For Those With Medium Length Hair

nikkiheaven

For those of us who is still trying to grow your hair long, what protective styles do you wear? My hair is a little longer than neck length. What protective styles can I wear? or do I just have to add fake buns and things like that until it grows longer?

SimpleKomplexity

I'm doing the roller wrap or curly all over do right now, but I'm lookign for something different too. i think it's too short to look nice in a bun, so when it gets thicker and logne I'll try buns but for now, I'm doing easy messy pinups with bobby pins or roller wraps

Songbirdb

i wear phony ponies. there are low mannipulation styles you can do like bantu knots or braid/twist outs. heres my solar roller hair style I do, its a twist/pin up.

glamazon386

I usually add pieces to my hair to do protective styles. You can do low manipulation styles with your length though.

HWAY

For the past 3 summers, I wore braids. In June, I wore box braids. In late August, I had it relaxed. I also relax every 8-10 weeks (used to be every 6 wks). Normally, I wear my hair down. Twice a week, I pin it up.

HoneyDew

I usually add pieces to my hair to do protective styles. You can do low manipulation styles with your length though.

I agree that clip ins are great. You can put one in and then out your hair up - cute!

I have been just putting my hair up, no clip-in, with a claw clip or flexi-8 clip. Mine is a little past my shoulders.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I'm alittle past shoulders- I try to do all kinds of protective styles so that I don't get bored. I also use all sorts of accessories to dress up and sexify (yeah, I made that word up:grin:) what may be a pretty basic hairstyles (ie. buns, french rolls, and pinned updos)