MEN HAVE HAIR MYTHS TOO!!!

I_Dream_Hair

Okay. I was talking on the phone with one of my friends and we have not seen each other in a while. So then we get on the subject of hair somehow and the conversation goes something like this:

Guy: I liked your hair during school
Me: Thanx
Guy: I hope you didn't cut it
Me: I haven't; its not THAT short right now
Guy: I hope not!
Me: Well, its a little past my shoulders
Guy: Well, thats long for a BLACK girl
Me: No its not long
Guy: Well, what do you consider long?
Me: Armpit or bra-strap
Guy: What black girl you know has long hair like that? That is unheard of! Yeah right. The only people who have hair like that are not black!
Me: What??

oKay. You can see what I was thinking after the last line. I was not upset, but just more motivated to prove him wrong. And probably MOSTLY every other black man out there think the same thing about black women and their hair. Is this what they think about our crown and glory?

hMMMM

esoterica

I_Dream_Hair said:
Is this what they think about our crown and glory?

hMMMM
many black women don't see their hair as their crowning glory, so its stands to reason that many black men don't either. and while we still live in a world where most black women do not have bra strap/waistlength hair, then what else are men gonna think.

for most people, seeing is believing. thats why when we all get to waistlength or whatever goal we're shooting for, many people will be surprised. we will be the living proof that these are indeed myths.

toinette

Tricking the president
asphyxxia said:
many black women don't see their hair as their crowning glory, so its stands to reason that many black men don't either. and while we still live in a world where most black women do not have bra strap/waistlength hair, then what else are men gonna think.

for most people, seeing is believing. thats why when we all get to waistlength or whatever goal we're shooting for, many people will be surprised. we will be the living proof that these are indeed myths.

i agree asphyxxia. a lot of black women dont think that other BW can grow long hair, so how are men expected to. You form your opinions based on what you see and if the only BW w/ long hair that they know are weaved up, that is the only way they are gonna think that BW can have long hair.