MHM Hangout

Thanks ladies! Glad the warm weather is here, I'm finding plenty of things to do. I have to up my water game, I drink a glass of wine most evenings and coffee in the mornings and very little water in between. Last year I couldn't be caught dead without my water bottle. Let's see what hydrating from the inside out will do...I'll report back in a month...I ain't giving up my wine and coffee tho.
@faithVA I kinda felt bad afterwards but I've been kindly asking him to stop trying to touch my hair before it dries since I BC...he play too much, Lol.

I can't even detangle my wng with conditioner and let it sit overnight because my hair likes to frizz so much. :cry3: I'll have to wake up 30 mins earlier to detangle and rinse the con dish immediately and then do a bentonite clay rinse to define my curls then leave in and aloe vera gel.

I'm having a hard time finding a bottle of Tressemme Naturals conditioner....and I do not feel like ordering online. I wish the MHM approved conditioner list had more options. I have used NA MHM conditioners and I hate to admit it but I do notice a difference in my hair when using them.

I'm having a hard time finding a bottle of Tressemme Naturals conditioner....and I do not feel like ordering online. I wish the MHM approved conditioner list had more options. I have used NA MHM conditioners and I hate to admit it but I do notice a difference in my hair when using them.
You haven't found a Walgreen with the Undone conditioner? Maybe you can ask your Walgreen to carry it.

After wearing a puff for exactly one working day I am back to my wash n wear hair! That puff left me with a tension headache that had me aching for my naked fro.

20150417_185202-1_zps5zcdxy05.jpg
and the canopy...
20150417_185153-1_zpsch6bpufb.jpg
with DD5 photobombing :)

My hair is going through something. I think my curls are starting to hang more. Some are sticking out and others are hanging it's whatevs :) I will still love and care for her as i've been doing.

After wearing a puff for exactly one working day I am back to my wash n wear hair! That puff left me with a tension headache that had me aching for my naked fro.

20150417_185202-1_zps5zcdxy05.jpg
and the canopy...
20150417_185153-1_zpsch6bpufb.jpg
with DD5 photobombing :)

My hair is going through something. I think my curls are starting to hang more. Some are sticking out and others are hanging it's whatevs :) I will still love and care for her as i've been doing.

Every time you say "canopy" it makes me laugh. I ordered something called a "puff cuff" that's supposed to not cause a headache. It's on it's way from Amazon but perhaps that can help you.

Almost 3 wks later and I still cut my hair every.single.day. I need to have one of the kids hide my shears from me, it's addictive. I'm down to about one more use, possibly two, of the bottle of Hello Curly that I opened a couple of days after Christmas. Can't believe it lasted that long. Trying to use up some of the other gels I have so I'm gonna revisit Curls Goddess Curls tomorrow. Been awhile since I've tried it but I remember liking the results.

I am struggling to attach pics without the app. I am about 2 weeks away from my 1 year anniversary of my BC. I am excited about my growth and retention. MHM has been a godsend. I'm in two-strand twists after a water rinse right now and I'm going for a twistout.

Y'all, I almost had a tragedy in my life! I lost a fresh jar of KCCC!! :crybaby:

I tore my house UP. I'ma be cleaning all day putting things back together. Lawd, whhhhhyyyy??!?! It was too much! Understand: to this day, I've never done a full head with KCCC. My jar sat untouched, pristine, and on a shelf for three months. I showed it to somebody, checked the ingredients a few days later, and never even got a chance to use it! :cry4:

:darkcloud:

Finally, after much emotional toil, I shared my pain with SO. Very sympathetic, he agreed to replace it. Awww, right? :cupidarrow:

Wrong. A few days later, replacement jar in hand, I sat ruminating on whatever became of the original jar. Had we thrown it away? Where oh where did you go, beloved? This negro looks at me and says, Oh wait, it might be in this bag of stuff I moved off the table.

:hot::hot::hot:

I love him, but I'ma kill him. :hammer:

Y'all, I almost had a tragedy in my life! I lost a fresh jar of KCCC!! :crybaby:

I tore my house UP. I'ma be cleaning all day putting things back together. Lawd, whhhhhyyyy??!?! It was too much! Understand: to this day, I've never done a full head with KCCC. My jar sat untouched, pristine, and on a shelf for three months. I showed it to somebody, checked the ingredients a few days later, and never even got a chance to use it! :cry4:

:darkcloud:

Finally, after much emotional toil, I shared my pain with SO. Very sympathetic, he agreed to replace it. Awww, right? :cupidarrow:

Wrong. A few days later, replacement jar in hand, I sat ruminating on whatever became of the original jar. Had we thrown it away? Where oh where did you go, beloved? This negro looks at me and says, Oh wait, it might be in this bag of stuff I moved off the table.

:hot::hot::hot:

I love him, but I'ma kill him. :hammer:
:lol: sounds like you need a hair vacation.

Thoroughly enjoyed my 2nd day hair today! It's gonna make it to day 3 before I get to complete a full MHM cycle tomorrow afternoon sometime. My morning is dedicated to the JFK 5K race with my Mama and my little girl! Then my afternoon is all about my hair :) It's time for another trim..this color is indeed the debil! I can't wait for it to be gone.
Despite monthly trims to get rid of the color my hair continues to thrive and grow. I have the same issue y'all have with not only DH being unable to keep his hands out but now i've got randoms touching it also!

I'll be sure to take pics and post my process tomorrow!

I'm trying to decide if I want to do the full method or do the method in one day. I'm going to the gym tomorrow and I dont think I'm gonna feel like doing my hair before the gym.

I'm using protein today since I'm coloring my hair next week. I'm alittle nervous about the color b/c I had dyed my hair a honey blond last July and then used black rinses since Nov. I'm gonna do a small patch 1st to see what happens.

I'm trying to decide if I want to do the full method or do the method in one day. I'm going to the gym tomorrow and I dont think I'm gonna feel like doing my hair before the gym.

I'm using protein today since I'm coloring my hair next week. I'm alittle nervous about the color b/c I had dyed my hair a honey blond last July and then used black rinses since Nov. I'm gonna do a small patch 1st to see what happens.
Are you coloring to cover grap or just for fun? I love color and lightening my hair, but I noticed a big difference in health, softness, shine on my bleached hair.

I just want for her to do my hair for me because It would be laid. I have hydration already and I pretty much figured my hair needs out years ago. I just get bored quickly and get to cutting.

I guess I'm not doing it right! I'm definately not working that hard putting the clay in my hair. Plus my clay doesn't look like that! I guess I could add more water or coconut milk (I want to try this). Why does she looks like she's working shampoo through the little girl's hair? It's foaming!!! I wasn't planning on doing this today but I've been inspired!!!! Thanks!!!!!

I am struggling to attach pics without the app. I am about 2 weeks away from my 1 year anniversary of my BC. I am excited about my growth and retention. MHM has been a godsend. I'm in two-strand twists after a water rinse right now and I'm going for a twistout.

@Cattypus1 sounds like we are going to be celebrating our 1 year anniversary togethers? I hit my 1 year mark on 5/3! When do you hit yours?

Last edited:
I love doing my hair! It is truly relaxing :) today's CLT

I put my hair in twists and snipped the ends. About 1/2"...DH took this pic and he ain't even know it! He's got nightmares from my last BC and tries to hide my shears; But i'm from LHCF...I have many shears all around the house!

Coaxing my curls out with clay.

Today's clay recipe: rhassoul, ACV, capfulls of jojoba, grapeseed, and castor and water .

I guess I'm not doing it right! I'm definately not working that hard putting the clay in my hair. Plus my clay doesn't look like that! I guess I could add more water or coconut milk (I want to try this). Why does she looks like she's working shampoo through the little girl's hair? It's foaming!!! I wasn't planning on doing this today but I've been inspired!!!! Thanks!!!!!

Pics please! And yes her application is very detailed and precise. Quite frankly I can't. I just don't have the patience, so i get what I get :)

Pics please! And yes her application is very detailed and precise. Quite frankly I can't. I just don't have the patience, so i get what I get :)

Girlllllll! I need to know what's in her bottle. There is no way my fingers are going through my hair with this in it!!! Now my fingers were gliding through my hair before the mud....but with the mud:nono2: :censored::help::censored::eh:o_O:giveup:..... I'd take all of my hair out!!! :bye:

Now I remember why I didn't do all of that separating! She has to have a good conditioner in that mud (or it is all conditioner) to make it foam so her fingers can glide through like that. Off to my laboratory...(um)....I mean kitchen to do a little trial and error.

Last edited:
Are you coloring to cover grap or just for fun? I love color and lightening my hair, but I noticed a big difference in health, softness, shine on my bleached hair.

Both. I was gonna dye the entire head but i think I'll keep to just the front and I'll only do highlights

I currently have my DC on and i am sitting under the dryer. I mixed alittle clay together. I did 1/4cup clay, 8oz of water and 1tbsp of shea butter. I decided not to do the full method today.

I think I know why my hair was breaking. I'm not using enough protein. I normally use protein once a month but now i will do it twice a month. I came to that realization after i used aphogee two min conditioner and I noticed a difference instantly. I noticed that my curls were tighter, especially in the front.

I currently have my DC on and i am sitting under the dryer. I mixed alittle clay together. I did 1/4cup clay, 8oz of water and 1tbsp of shea butter. I decided not to do the full method today.

I think I know why my hair was breaking. I'm not using enough protein. I normally use protein once a month but now i will do it twice a month. I came to that realization after i used aphogee two min conditioner and I noticed a difference instantly. I noticed that my curls were tighter, especially in the front.
Since you are using shea butter, do you periodically shampoo it out or do you find the clay is able to remove heavy butters as well?

Am I doing somthing wrong? The more I try to run my fingers through this the straighter it gets (because I can't run my fingers through it! I run my fingers down a clump of it which straightens it out!)! Should my clay be thinner?

b9b4b683-96c6-4365-b544-277101cdbdc7_zpsuhw76oek.jpg

When I leave it alone I have more curling.

5c6e50f4-deb3-48fb-b895-c6fc828bc40b_zps3jzwlugm.jpg

Am I doing somthing wrong? The more I try to run my fingers through this the straighter it gets (because I can't run my fingers through it! I run my fingers down a clump of it which straightens it out!)! Should my clay be thinner?

b9b4b683-96c6-4365-b544-277101cdbdc7_zpsuhw76oek.jpg

When I leave it alone I have more curling.

5c6e50f4-deb3-48fb-b895-c6fc828bc40b_zps3jzwlugm.jpg

How thick/ runny is your clay? DubaiDee usually uses a fair bit of ACV which makes the mix runnier.

Back