MHM Hangout

GGsKin

I
I'm not sure if you can tell how thick this is but I did put a little avc in it. It's a little runny

Should I make it thinner?

I'm not sure. It looks like it could be ok but then it looks a little thick(er than DubaiDee's maybe) but then my old mix was like a thick milkshake. Now its like tea or more like cocoa. It's now thin enough to squeeze through the nozzle of the applicator bottle I use (and not cause major blockage problems).

I wouldn't/ couldn't detangle with my thicker mix like I do now. The runnier mix definitely makes it easier for me.

Lisa

I'll add more water to make it thinner but I do use an applicator bottle. I use a white one like in the you tube video.

Lisa

Here is my hair after a MHM treatment.

As Kermit would say...these relaxed ends will not let me be great :rofl::lachen::whip: :lachen::rofl:

Not to mention the frizz..... LOL... :nono: Now I guess everyone can see why I'm rollersetting ...:nono:

But I have a few curls trying to form! (If you look close enough)

Last edited:

hairtimes5

I am struggling to attach pics without the app. I am about 2 weeks away from my 1 year anniversary of my BC. I am excited about my growth and retention. MHM has been a godsend. I'm in two-strand twists after a water rinse right now and I'm going for a twistout.

I still can't post pics, it's so irritating.

OAN, I was just playing in my hair and realized that a lot of it has root to tip curls. I swear my hair got curlier when I cut it.

faithVA

I'll add more water to make it thinner but I do use an applicator bottle. I use a white one like in the you tube video.

If you want to easily detangle with the clay like Dubai Dee you need the acv and not just a little but a lot. She uses 1/4 cup. Otherwise you are going to need some oil or something in it to give it more slip. Her recipe is easier and simpler though.

Lisa

If you want to easily detangle with the clay like Dubai Dee you need the acv and not just a little but a lot. She uses 1/4 cup. Otherwise you are going to need some oil or something in it to give it more slip. Her recipe is easier and simpler though.
Thanks! I'm going to go find her recipe. Maybe I can get rid of the frizz and get more clumping.

GGsKin

I still can't post pics, it's so irritating.

OAN, I was just playing in my hair and realized that a lot of it has root to tip curls. I swear my hair got curlier when I cut it.

If you are trying from your phone, have you tried downloading a resizer/ pic app, and using the pic from that folder?

GGsKin

Finally washed my hair after 5 days of just spritzing with water and/ or shower-steam refreshing my puff.

The thing I hate the most now about going without washing for so long, is the amount of shed hair I have to remove.

I detangled and DCd with conditioner and my hair felt good. I kept that in for about an hr- it was nice not to rush through a wash for a change. What I mean is after following DubaiDee's modification for the past few weeks, it was nice to have a stage to lounge around and relax a little:yawn:

Sealed with the usual.
ETA: Hair this morning.

Attachments

• 2015-04-21_01.04.14.jpg
    2015-04-21_01.04.14.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 2015-04-21_01.03.52.jpg
    2015-04-21_01.03.52.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 2015-04-21_11.19.10.jpg
    2015-04-21_11.19.10.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

nycutiepie

Well, I de-wigged on Saturday and learned that my shrinkage is crazy. I went to the movies and by the time I came back it had shrunken to teeny tiny curls. I think it was the Alikay NaturalDC I used. I finally used the KCC I bought since I wore it out and I used grape seed oil beforehand. I finally have a pic but it keeps spinning when I hit upload file.

HopefulOne

I need to mix up my CLCT and my clay but too lazy. It will get done today. I am trying to figure out how to make things in "bulk." I like to make a lot of something and freeze it, or better yet if it can be shelf-stable.

For instance I love the FSG, but I hate that I have to get the ice cubes out of the fridge, melt them and then do my hair. With the clay, I don't like that I have to mix it up fresh as I use it, but I like it warm so. . .

Do you make your clay fresh each time? For those using the FSG, how much do you make at a time. If I wasn't so frugal, it's enough to make me want to just use diluted KCCC since it's shelf stable.
I make my clay with cocunut milk and I use one can per mix. I am able to use it for two or two and one half weeks. If you get the cocunut milk that has a preservative it lasts that long.

Ajna

I finally found a way to baggy my hair that works.

Over the weekend I was watching Naptural85 and her wash and go from earlier videos and what she suggested was spraying the water in the air above your hair then putting on the bag. I wonder how she stumbled on to that gem because it works.

Here is the link

hairtimes5

I finally found a way to baggy my hair that works.

Over the weekend I was watching Naptural85 and her wash and go from earlier videos and what she suggested was spraying the water in the air above your hair then putting on the bag. I wonder how she stumbled on to that gem because it works.

Here is the link

I tried this a while back and it didn't work for me. Maybe now that my hair is shorter I ahould try it again.