Michelle Obama's Hair

Billygirl61

Did anyone watch the White House correspondents dinner? Michelle's hair looked fabulous, the cut , the shine and how she flat irons her hair to look as if it's relaxed. If only I could find a stylist to flat iron my natural hair like that. Wow

allmundjoi

judy4all said:
She's natural?

Yep...nope.

Eta: Thanks to happyilyliberal I guess she's not a natural. Still thumbs up to her thick, healthy looking hair. Was she natural when she first became FLOTUS?

Last edited:

allmundjoi

HappilyLiberal said:
No... she is not natural.

Nooooooooooooo! Lol. I read an article on her a couple of years ago referencing her natural hair and her hairdresser. *sigh* I still love her. Lol. Relaxed or natural her hair is gorgeous.

westNDNbeauty

Hopefully someone will post pics.

From my observations, FLOTUS wears wigs and falls. They look very realistic, but it is not her natural hair that we typically see. I haven't read any articles regarding her hair but sometimes hair dressers reference "natural hair" when they are really trying to say "real hair" (relaxed or natural) if the client wears fake hair regularly.

allmundjoi

westNDNbeauty said:
Hopefully someone will post pics.

From my observations, FLOTUS wears wigs and falls. They look very realistic, but it is not her natural hair that we typically see. I haven't read any articles regarding her hair but sometimes hair dressers reference "natural hair" when they are really trying to say "real hair" (relaxed or natural) if the client wears fake hair regularly.

I remember an article (Instyle?) 2-3 years ago interviewed her stylist, John (?) Wright, and he stated she was chemical free and he used Fekkai products on her. I didn't think about her wearing wigs or falls either. Great protective style if she does-those lights/flashes must be harsh.

diadall

Johnny Wright did her hair. He was supposed to have a show on Bravo.but it was shelved because his agreement does not allow him to discuss the First Lady's hair (products).

Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

Tiye

Outre hair sells First Lady weave in a box. It looks just like that - well hers is better coz she has a top notch stylist, but if you know what you're doing with the quick weave it can come very close. I'm a fan of this look and make most of my wigs to copy it. BTW I think her hair is relaxed.

Ogoma

I don't know whether to be irritated or bored that is always comes down to a discussion of it is relaxed, natural, or a weave whenever the First Lady's hair is discussed.