Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

afroette

not applying tonight because I'm too tired. BUT i did wash and I can say that my roots look like it has new growth, though I am only 2 weeks post.

LightEyedMami

My tooth has been killing me!!!, so i missed a day, (absess that will be extracted tomorrow), but right now i am deep conditioning and hopefully i will have the strength to apply afterwards.

ETA: I didn't apply any tonight, i will do so tomorrow, goodnight.

Last edited:

Mane Event

This might be a silly question but I'm just curious, how soon are you ladies applying MN post-wash???

I understand the science on how MN works (at least I thnk I do), the antifungal properties and all so I'm just wondering if it will even be effective immediately after washing?! On the contrary, will it be more effective on a clean scalp???

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
This might be a silly question but I'm just curious, how soon are you ladies applying MN post-wash???

I understand the science on how MN works (at least I thnk I do), the antifungal properties and all so I'm just wondering if it will even be effective immediately after washing?! On the contrary, will it be more effective on a clean scalp???

I do it that same day.....

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I shampoo'd my hair on Saturday but I've been too busy and tired to apply my mix for two days. Today I will finally have time to apply it and properly moisturize my NG. I bought some Kyolic oil Extract so I'll be adding this to my hair regimen as well. I like that it came with empty capsules to take it orally in pill form and a bottle of pure organic garlic liquid. It's says it's odorless but that's a big fat lie.

Evolving78

My tooth has been killing me!!!, so i missed a day, (absess that will be extracted tomorrow), but right now i am deep conditioning and hopefully i will have the strength to apply afterwards.

ETA: I didn't apply any tonight, i will do so tomorrow, goodnight.

i hope you feel better.

afroette

shortdub78 said:
my mix has some castor oil in it, but it is one of the ingredients, not something i actually put in there myself. i use this grease. maybe i should try it with avocado or jojoba oil?

I noticed my roots were dry before washing. I don't know if it was due to sweat or the MN.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

NaturalfienD

Hello Ladies,

I am a long time stalker of this thread and I am excited to join this challenge. ::WORD:: I have just made a mix of MN and began using it almost a week ago, almost. Here are my stats:

What is your current length? I just made APL in June (back), CBL in the front. I am hopeful that the MN will help the front of my hair catch up with the back ...

How long have you used in MN? Something like four or five days ...

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? I mixed my MN with my Love Potion #9 (courtesy of Cipriana from urbanbushbabes.com.) It has jojoba oil, coconut oil, a little castor oil, and a little EVOO. Oh, and Rosemary EO is in the mix too. I went ahead and added a third of the MN tube to my oils ... :yep:

What frequency will you apply it? Every other day and I will cowash between uses ...

Any other growth aids that you are using? Nope, this is my only one.

I am planning to smash this challenge out until it ends on July 31st ... like many of you ladies, I will take a break after July, and revisit the use of MN in the fourth quarter of the year.

Starting Pix:

SIDE
062012side.JPG

BACK
062012.JPG

HHG Ladies ...

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
NaturalfienD said:
Hello Ladies,

I am a long time stalker of this thread and I am excited to join this challenge. ::WORD:: I have just made a mix of MN and began using it almost a week ago, almost. Here are my stats:

What is your current length? I just made APL in June (back), CBL in the front. I am hopeful that the MN will help the front of my hair catch up with the back ...

How long have you used in MN? Something like four or five days ...

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? I mixed my MN with my Love Potion #9 (courtesy of Cipriana from urbanbushbabes.com.) It has jojoba oil, coconut oil, a little castor oil, and a little EVOO. Oh, and Rosemary EO is in the mix too. I went ahead and added a third of the MN tube to my oils ... :yep:

What frequency will you apply it? Every other day and I will cowash between uses ...

Any other growth aids that you are using? Nope, this is my only one.

I am planning to smash this challenge out until it ends on July 31st ... like many of you ladies, I will take a break after July, and revisit the use of MN in the fourth quarter of the year.

Starting Pix:

SIDE

BACK

HHG Ladies ...

Welcome!:)

MangaManiac

I love this thread! This inspired me to mix my sulfur mix and AVG with MN. I keep the mix in the living room on the coffee table, so when my flatmates and I watch tv at night I always remember to apply it.

This has been going on for almost the past 3 weeks and I am looking forward to taking my braids out in a week or two and see how much my hair has been able to grow/retain in the past month!

I think I'll continue to do this indefinitely. It keeps my scalp from itching in the braids and I'm happy to know it's also keeping my scalp healthy!

jprayze

:nono:So I wrote you all a nice long update and never actually posted it!!! I guess I am having a crazy day smh! When I get home, I'll write some more...

Ladies, we are coming up on our June length check time! Looking forward to your lovely updates!!! I'm still in this LF wig, but may flat iron this weekend.

NaturalfienD

Hello Ladies,

Thank you all for the warm welcome ... I am looking forward to us all getting awesome growth!!! I will be applying my MN/Love Potion mix tonight ... using this growth aid and working out will definitely give me the growth spurt that I am looking for. :yep:

I hope you all have a great day ~ HHG

:weird:

abioni

BBritdenise, just ordered this for about $8.50 plus free shipping on Amazon. Looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing.

Search for medline remedy antifungal cream... At Walmart the 4oz tube is about $10... Its a little cheaper on amazon. And this brand is nonallergenic and nonsensitizing, and it hasn't dried my hair out. It has lots of natural oils in it.

sheanu

Washed my hair on sunday and haven't applied mn since. The shedding and breakage has slowed dramatically.

Evolving78

it's 4am. i guess i will apply my mixer today, but i do plan on washing my hair later on this evening. i might just wait until friday to wash my hair, since i might go to this concert.

Mznelly

Ok ladies heres a brief update on how I'm doing.... I a,m one week and four days post, I started applying my mix two days after my relaxer. When I relaxed I used designer essentials which made me bone straight... Well last night while was applying my mn I noticed the talltale signs of new growth. In total disbelief I ran to get my phone to take some pictures. Well after a lot of "no freaking ways" and making my entire household feel my scalp I've come to the conclusion that my hair is on mn crack and it's now growing faster than before....Idk if me refrigerator my mix but holy crap....

Attachments

• image-436522238.jpg
    image-436522238.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 54
  • image-2741172789.jpg
    image-2741172789.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 46

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Mznelly said:
Ok ladies heres a brief update on how I'm doing.... I a,m one week and four days post, I started applying my mix two days after my relaxer. When I relaxed I used designer essentials which made me bone straight... Well last night while was applying my mn I noticed the talltale signs of new growth. In total disbelief I ran to get my phone to take some pictures. Well after a lot of "no freaking ways" and making my entire household feel my scalp I've come to the conclusion that my hair is on mn crack and it's now growing faster than before....Idk if me refrigerator my mix but holy crap....

That's awesome news! I'm glad its working for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.