Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsEveMarie

LightEyedMami said:
MsEveMarie, That is what i have heard too...I will take a 1 month break (mid august) because then i would have been taking it about 3 months.

Yeh that would be good, b/c I think it's just a waste of product if you co time to apply after 3 months of use

Mjon912

I said I would come back and post picture updates and here they are =)

image-3700826732.jpg

^^^this was may 3

image-4056416630.jpg

^^^This was june1... I started MN on may 20

image-321983035.jpg

^^^this was taken this morning, June 29 after relaxing, rollersetting and wrapping my hair last night... I guess I'm satisfied with my MN results...I'll be back in a week with my new mix =) happy hair growing ladies

Last edited:

jprayze

[USER=346679]Mjon912[/USER] said:
I said I would come back and post picture updates and here they are =)

^^^this was may 3

^^^This was june1... I started MN on may 20

^^^this was taken this morning, June 29 after relaxing, rollersetting and wrapping my hair last night... I guess I'm satisfied with my MN results...I'll be back in a week with my new mix =) happy hair growing ladies

Glad to see its working for you!!! One more month and you will definitely be APL!

LightEyedMami

Your welcome Mjon.

-I just moisterized my hair and applied my MN mix... jprayze are we supposed to check in tomorrow with growth pics?

Side Note: I have been retaining well lately (besides a small setback from using AOGPB),and my hair feels soo much better then it used to and now im thinking my length (retention) is coming more from my New consistant DC'ing routine, and only partly from MN ....i guess i will know for sure during my 1 month break starting mid-august....or maybe they just work nicely together :scratchch ....

NaturalfienD

Hello Ladies, I will be moisturizing and using MN tonight. I have created the possibility of growing 2 inches by the end of July. I just installed twists (extensions) about two weeks ago. My hair has grown quite a bit since then- so much so that I have to redo the front of my hair next week. This time, I will take pictures of my hair so I am aware of my growth. I hope you all are doing well. HHG!!

abioni

MsEveMarie
Thank you for the info. What did you mix yours with? I don't mind experimenting.

@abioni No It was the same exact brand, just different vendors. I found a site that sold them 12 in a case. Since I fell in love with the product when buying it from walgreens.com, I figured why not save and buy it in bulk. I didn't experience any significant growth. So I stopped with the MN for a few months. A Couple of weeks of ago I noticed I still had a tube left so I just used it up...the growth was phenomenal. Even tho the reason for most of the growth was b/c it was mixed with something I wouldn't recommend to anyone on this board.

In any case it may not have been the potency at all, I could have just plateaued on my MN growth wave. I think after a while the MN growth spurts stop (after about 2-3 months)...so it's prob. necessary to take a break...then restart, so that your scalp doesn't get used to it.

Mznelly

I'm going to hair dresser so I'll post more pics later but here my pics please excuse the horrible angle my normal cameraman (my little brother) was unavailable so i used my 6 year God daughter lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120701_033411.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120701_033411.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 93
  • ForumRunner_20120701_033441.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120701_033441.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 79

Jobwright

Wow Mznelly! That is ALOT OF GROWTH! Congratulations! Your hair is beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Jobwright

Mznelly said:
I've decided my previous mix od mn was way to diluted.. From now on I will be applying generic MN directly to my scalp followed up by my sulfure mix which is 8 oz of oil (4 oz of jbco extra dark, 1oz of jojoba oil and 3 oz of grape seed oil) and one teaspoon of sublime sulfur hopefully the addition of the sulfur mix will increase my growth.

I am extremely pleased with my progressive. I've always had thick hair but I think all those Dominican Blown out and excessive use of heat with using a protectant has taken a toll on my thickness :( one side of my head is shorter than the other so I baby that side like crazy lol we shall see what this month brings for me with this revision.

Ok Mznelly,I had to go back and do some reading to find out what you did to get all that awesome growth! So, do you think it was the sublime sulfur? Where did you purchase it from. I bought some MSM pills but I have not been able to find the powder...Help a sister out pleez...

jprayze

LightEyedMami said:
Your welcome Mjon.

-I just moisterized my hair and applied my MN mix... jprayze are we supposed to check in tomorrow with growth pics?

Side Note: I have been retaining well lately (besides a small setback from using AOGPB),and my hair feels soo much better then it used to and now im thinking my length (retention) is coming more from my New consistant DC'ing routine, and only partly from MN ....i guess i will know for sure during my 1 month break starting mid-august....or maybe they just work nicely together :scratchch ....

Yes please post length checks if you can! I have post any yet but I should be able to in a few days. Waiting for my curls to fall and hair to be completely straight.

Mznelly

Jobwright said:
Ok Mznelly,I had to go back and do some reading to find out what you did to get all that awesome growth! So, do you think it was the sublime sulfur? Where did you purchase it from. I bought some MSM pills but I have not been able to find the powder...Help a sister out pleez...

To be honest I used the sublimes sulfur mix for three days... That ish smelled so freaking bad I couldn't stomach it!! I am trying to figure out a way to incorporate the mix because I used my jbco in the mix and I'm NOT trying to waste .....

This is my typical hair week.... Sunday is my wash day depending on how much manipulation i put my hair through that week is deciding factor on how long this day is for me. If it was a wore my hair straight week I give my hair extra moisture concentrating on my ends. I prepoo with honey and grape seed oil (my hair loves honey) and let that sit for a hour or so, then I shampoo with my CON sulfate free Aragan oil shampoo. omg that thing is the truth. Then I use CON Aragan oil conditioner, I ALWAYS d.c whether I'm washing or c/o washing it is a must for me. My d.c of choice is a mixture of ORS Hairepair treatment, jojoba,, evco, grape seed and peppermint oil to stimulate my scalp. I leave it for a few hours while I'm lazing around the house doing absolutely nothing. After I wash this out, I mist my hair with chi keratin mist, elasta qp h2o leave in, and let air dry. I m&s with elasta qp mango butter and seal with evco

During the week i apply my mn nightly, I posted my current mix on this thread so check it out then I m&s. when I'm c/o washing I use designer essential hydrating conditioner wash it out the i apply oils on my wet hair and apply my CON Aragan oil conditioner on top of that cover it with an plastic cap and leave for one to two hours rinse, d.c, air dry, and bun for the rest of the week. I hope this helps you if you have any question do not hesitate to ask

http://www.amazon.com/Humco-Sulfur-...id=1341157714&sr=8-2&keywords=sublimed+sulfur

Last edited:

ManiiSweetheart

:update: :drunk:
Started May 20th 2012

I think it's safe to say that's in the ball park of an inch... Even if it's not i'm SUPER happy with these results.. Hoping for another inch this month too:drunk: a girl can dream right?

Reflection: I reaally like the MN + Sunflower & Olive Oil moisture lotion mix. The lotion alone keeps the length of my hair moisturized for a day or too, and it smells great and mixes well with the MN :grin: I'll keep this mix for a while...might add some MTG this time around to compare as well

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I just applied my MN mix, massaged scalp, moisturized & sealed and now I'm whole head baggying. I have to step up my 'A' game if I plan to be APL by December.

I started MN on June 4th and I haven't seen any significant growth. I'll know for sure when I relax in August, my flat iron job yesterday was decent but I couldn't straighten my NG completely.

image-1867578479.jpg

image-3700898804.jpg

Last edited:

Mznelly

So I think it's safe to say i passed APL? I'm still in the stage in disbelief....the first pic was taken a few hours ago and the picwith the white shirt was taken 2 weeks when i got my touch up what do you ladies think am i full APL or an i creeping my way (wishful thinking) to BSL

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120701_231200.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120701_231200.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 66
  • ForumRunner_20120701_231345.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120701_231345.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.