Midshaft Breakage and Trims

beautychic

So I recently went to the hair salon and against my better judgment asked the stylist to blowdry my roots only (after a rollerset). Of course she ignored me and blowdried the whole thing. Now I am having a lot of midshaft breakage.

My question is I know everyone is told to get their ends trimmed approx. every 6-8 weeks to get rid of split ends. The thing is i never have split ends. When I inspect my ends they are fully intact. How do I remedy my midshaft breakage and what should be my trimming routine given the fact that my breakage is happening much further up the hair shaft? Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? Btw, moisturizing and sealing (w/ olive oil) has helped me somewhat with this.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
Continue to moisturize your hair every day, section your hair when you do so as well. Something like this similar happened to me when I first started learning how to flatiron my hair. I did not use enough moisture before and I had a bit of mid shaft breakage.

I don't trim every 6-8 weeks. I will only be dusting every 6 weeks til the end of the year and then I will see how things go after that. I normally get a 1/2 inch trim at the salon every 12 weeks.

Raine054

I would get a good protein treatment and follow it up with a nice moisturizing conditioner. The balance is key.