Mild Protein Treatment?

Mercie

What could I do for a mild protein treatment?
I think my hair is a little bit on the too-soft & too weak side.

How can you tell when your hair is in need of a protein treatment?
I don't want to give my hair protein unnecessarily.
(My hair is relaxed)

pookaloo83

(My hair is relaxed)

I can tell when I need protein because my hair feels mushy. I use Nexxus Emergencee. I think that's mild.

pookaloo83

Thank you.

How do you use the Nexxus Emergencee?
Is it a conditioner.. ?

No it's not a conditioner. It's a protein treatment. I put it in after I shampoo. Then I sit under the dryer with it with no cap on until it gets hard. The I rinse it out and the deep condition under the dryer for about 30 mins. My hair comes out strong yet soft. :yep:

GabbanaGirl

Yup, mushy is exactly how your hair will feel. My favorite light protein treatment is Frederick Fekkai Protein Reparative Spray. This stuffs the bomb! I love it because it adds moisture, shine and acts as a light protein (soy & milk proteins) leave in treatment.

I think Nexxus Emergencee is a hard protein especially since you let it get hard on your hair? I know aphogee 2 min is a mild protein. :yep:

soulie

Nexxus Emergencee is considered a hard protein. Keraphix would be the mild protein by Nexxus.

gissellr78

(My hair is relaxed)

Nexxus emergencee is a mild protein treatment IMO....It leaves my hair very soft and strong at the same time.

knt1229

I use Le Kair Deep Protein Conditioner for Chemically Treated Hair. It is mild enough to be used on a weekly basis and you can either leave it on for a few minutes then rinse out or add heat and leave on longer for a more intense conditioning.

Mercie

Yup, mushy is exactly how your hair will feel. My favorite light protein treatment is Frederick Fekkai Protein Reparative Spray. This stuffs the bomb! I love it because it adds moisture, shine and acts as a light protein (soy & milk proteins) leave in treatment.
(Thank you everyone. Sorry for the late reply)

Since this is a leave in treatment.. you don't have to rinse it out?

Babygurl

I agree with the Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor for a mild protein or any cholesterol treatment usually works if your hair is feeling mushy or even starting to snap.

LaidBak

Agree with Aphogee 2 Minute being a great mild protein treatment. But even milder that that are:
- Roux Fermodyl #7 for fine limp hair (Leave in)
- Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructor spray (leave in)
- Neutral protein filler (leave in or rinse out)

I have protein sensitive relaxed hair and I use one or the other of these each week to keep my hair from getting mushy in the first place.