Millenia Mud (Review)!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
This is the hair reconstructor with the Volcanic Ash as one of the ingredients.

It's a very thick, substantial conditioner. It's very light brown in color and actually smells like mud. I like the smell, it's very similar to Aveda Sap Moss for those of you who've tried that.

The little sample pack that they have at Sally's was not enough for me. Luckily, Valleygirl convinced me to go back and get the full size.

The instructions say to leave it in for 2-4 minutes and doesn't call for heat. I left it on with a shower cap for about 20 minutes. I didn't use heat, but probably will next time because I get down with heat when conditioning my hair

I agree with Valleygirl, that the hair does actually seem to feel stronger when you rinse this out. It didn't leave my hair hard, but not soft either. I am following up with the L'Occitane Shea Butter Mask. I have it in right now. (10 min.)

I would definitely re-purchase the Millenia Mud. I would classify it as a mild-reconstructor, good for relaxed hair or hair that is slightly stressed. I would use it maybe every 3rd or 4th week between relaxer touch-ups. I would consider it as a preventative treatment as opposed to a reparative one. But on the weeks before and after a relaxer touch-up, I would use a major reconstructor/protein treatment.

Bye

keeshesfromindy

I think I will try it since I have it. Do you have thick hair? I know your hair is long, but mine is thick and I was wondering if I would need two sample packets.
Keeshes

Armyqt

Thanks for the review Supergirl. I have two of the little packets on-hand but I haven't tried them yet. I'll probably wait about 2 weeks (in light of my recent protein overload) and try it then

keeshesfromindy

Oh great! You just had to send me back to sally's didn't ya!

I needed to get some Aura cherry bark almond conditioner there anyway!

Thanks for the rec,
Keisha

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Bumping

When I was transitioning, this product was a LIFE SAVER!

If I started to see more hair in my comb than I was comfortable with, I would use Milenia Mud as a treatment and it would stop or at least slow down excess shedding(possibly breakage). It's not as strong as Aphogee, but it is stronger than a Mayonaisse protein treatment. It's a happy medium.

I used the last of it right before I BC'ed, but since i found this thread, I'm thinking I might pick some up the next time I am at Sally's.