About Mud Cleansing....

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I usually use mine as a Cleanser and follow up with a DC'er unless they say they are strictly a DC'er so I guess it depends?

Most of the time I'm using my Clays/Muds as a Pre-Poo(on dry hair) or as a Cleanser.

snoop

If you use mud or if you are knowledgable about mud:

How often would you use a mud cleanse?

I've been slacking over the past few months, but I was using mud to cleanse my hair weekly.

Can it losen your curl pattern?
I don't think it loosened my curl pattern, but I think it defined it over a period of time.

Can it still be drying?
It can be "drying" but I think that if you use a straight mixture -- like clay and water -- and leave it on for a long time it will be more "drying" than if you leave it on for a shorter time or include things in other mixtures. I guess it detoxes your hair the same way it would detox your skin.

Does it actually get your hair clean?

It doesn't make your hair squeekly clean like some shampoos do, but that's why I use it. I don't want my hair to be squeeky clean. I do like that it will take off the product that I used for the week, but that it doesn't completely strip my sebum. I use it the same way I use shampoo so it doesn't sit on my hair much longer than 5 minutes, if that long.

Does it help with tangles?
Not sure. I try to detangle before I wash or during the conditioner part of my wash or after I come out of the shower.

When I first started out I used Terressentials which is a good product, but expensive and they stopped shipping to Canada. After that I tried Bentonite, then switched to Rhassoul which I used for the longest time. The last batch of Rhassoul that I bought was too grainy and hard to wash out so I stopped using it -- it's still sitting here so I really should do something with it. I would mix Rhassoul with oils and make them into cubes like Anita Grant. When I was ready to use them I would mix them with coconut milk instead of water. It was really good! I also used pink clay or pink combined with Rhassoul. I think I have some of that sitting here as well that I need to use up. Someone on the board mentioned Kaolin being their favourite and I tried it and made the switch -- which is why the other clays are still sitting around. I love that this stuff is sooo easy to rinse out compared to the rhassoul and pink clays. Originally, I started using conditioner after I stared using home made mud washes because I just couldn't wash it out properly. The conditioner had enough slip to get the particles out. Now i just use it to be on the safe side, but I don't really think that the Kaolin needs it. But my hair feels good after so I won't switch up this routine. When I mix my Kaolin clay I mix it with goat's milk powder. I find it as moisturizing as using coconut milk, but easier on my pocket books.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
The last batch of Rhassoul that I bought was too grainy and hard to wash out so I stopped using it
Just a shot in the dark, but can you sift the clay with a fine-mesh strainer and throw out the larger particles?

snoop

Just a shot in the dark, but can you sift the clay with a fine-mesh strainer and throw out the larger particles?

Probably, but I've been too lazy to try. :look: (The first batch of clay that I bought was fine... so I figure it must have been down to how well it was sifted.)

Aggie

Do you ladies feel the need to DC after mud washing? I got all my mud washes this week so I'm going to see if my hair likes this. A few of the mud mixes I got claim they're conditioners but I've been reading a lot of these muds & clays included in these products are used for cleansing.

My mud is cleansing and even though my hair was super soft after rinsing it out, I DC anyway because I habitually deep condition my hair.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I just took a look at their website and I really like the ingredients in their products. Have you tried the Bentonite and Rhassoul Detox?

I'm going to try these products too!!

• Charcoal Deep Treatment

Lemongrass Hair Butter Cream

I just placed an order!!!! I purchased the tea tree shampoo bar and the bentonite and rhassoul detox. I bought the 8oz. I wanted to buy the deep sea mud mask, but it's unavailable. I'm super excited to try out these products!!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Speaking of "Mud" I did use J.Monique Naturals Dead Sea Mud Detox/Wash. It is uber tingling and very cleansing.

If folks don't like a deep tingle sensation, I would avoid this product. The tingle was very intense.

I thought it was a little "messy" too like applying Henna. I was wondering if I should use Gloves to apply? @Aggie said she loved the way it made her hands feel upon application.

I thought it took a lot to Rinse it out too. (Just like Henna). I felt my Hair was super clean without feeling stripped and my scalp was fully detoxed.

I made a mess. I will be more careful next time I apply it.

It's something that I'd apply probably only once a month though due to the messiness and the cleanliness of my hair.

Aggie

Speaking of "Mud" I did use J.Monique Naturals Dead Sea Mud Detox/Wash. It is uber tingling and very cleansing.

If folks don't like a deep tingle sensation, I would avoid this product. The tingle was very intense.

I thought it was a little "messy" too like applying Henna. I was wondering if I should use Gloves to apply? @Aggie said she loved the way it made her hands feel upon application.

I thought it took a lot to Rinse it out too. (Just like Henna). I felt my Hair was super clean without feeling stripped and my scalp was fully detoxed.

It's something that I'd apply probably only once a month though due to the messiness and the cleanliness of my hair.
@IDareT'sHair

I agree about using it only once a month. I don't get my hair that dirty to apply more than that. Also you can try putting it on your hair in the shower if it gets too messy for you. I sleep with it on my hair overnight and wash it out the following morning. I really like how it feels and smells.

Also by the 3rd application, it did not feel quite as intense as the first application to me. It makes every product I use cooperate with my hair. My advice to anyone, if your hair isn't cooperating with your hair products, maybe it's time to consider a hair and scalp detox.

Aggie

I just placed an order!!!! I purchased the tea tree shampoo bar and the bentonite and rhassoul detox. I bought the 8oz. I wanted to buy the deep sea mud mask, but it's unavailable. I'm super excited to try out these products!!!

:shocked: Say What Nah! Boy I sure hope she keeps that one in the store. I'd be super disappointed if she doesn't keep it stocked. I might have to text her to find out when it will be back :look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Also by the 3rd application, it did not feel quite as intense as the first application to me. It makes every product I use cooperate with my hair. My advice to anyone, if your hair isn't cooperating with your hair products, maybe it's time to consider a hair and scalp detox.
@Aggie
That's good to know, because I was wondering how you could sleep in that!:eek:

I told you I would need Ibprofuen or T.ylenol or something to knock me out. :boxing:

That stuff is skrong and totally detoxifying.:burn:

I agree with everything you said. I felt my products worked much better after using it and that was very strange.

Definitely brought the products out to the 10th power.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
You have to remember she has about 3 pages, so you hafta' look on all three pages.

It could be In-Stock in another area on her site or you could convo her.

Guinan

Re-Branding

Did it clump your curls? Do you still have a lot left after the initial use?

Guinan

Re-Branding
No I haven't. I have it in my stash but I haven't used it yet. I have a great feeling it's awesome though :yep:

Today is my 2nd time using this clay. It's ok, but I don't think I will purchase again. It leaves my hair feeling coated; which I think it's b/c of the shea butter. I have it on my hair now. Once I rinse out, I'll update. I'm going to check the website again to see of the deep sea mud wash is available.

Update: I will purchase again! My hair is soft, curls defined and my hair took in my DCer REALLY well. I see what I did wrong, the 1st time I used it. I used it on damp/dry hair. This time, I put the clay on freshly washed hair and my hair was super wet. It still left my hair coated but not nearly as bad as the 1st time.

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding

I LOVEEEEE the shampoo bar!!! This is def a keeper. It cleanses my hair REALLY well w/o stripping and it clumps my curls. Today was my 2nd time using it. My hair felt clean and it looked shiny.

The tea tree smell is very strong; but I like strong smelling products.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@pelohello
I can't wait to hear your review.

@Aggie kept talmbout it, talmbout it so I broke down and got it - and I'm really glad I did. My Hair felt good, clean, scalp felt "detoxified" without feeling stripped/dry.

I also got the Charcoal DC'er, but haven't tried it yet. I think she said her next Sale wouldn't be until M-Day?

Guinan

Re-Branding
@pelohello

@Aggie kept talmbout it, talmbout it so I broke down and got it - and I'm really glad I did. My Hair felt good, clean, scalp felt "detoxified" without feeling stripped/dry.

I also got the Charcoal DC'er, but haven't tried it yet. I think she said her next Sale wouldn't be until M-Day?

I want to try the charcoal DCer too. I also want to try the lemon grass butter cream. I don't know if I can wait until M-Day:( But I may have too, cause I can already see that my bill is going to be high

Honey Bee

:

How often would you use a mud cleanse?

I'm currently in a PS but I usually use it a few times a week.

Can it losen your curl pattern?

No but it encourages clumping.

Can it still be drying?

I haven't noticed, so I guess no.

Does it actually get your hair clean?

I imagine so. I have fine hair and, considering how my hair behaves when it's dirty, I'm gonna say yes.

Does it help with tangles?

Yes. My hair rarely tangles. I only use combs to part.

I use Aztec clay. My recipe is clay, aloe Vera juice, and a little glycerin and acv. I like it more on the watery side. I store in an old Dawn bottle for easier application.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Ordered some Kaolin clay on Amazon with my points.

It should be here Tuesday. Wash day is on the weekend & I can't wait to try it out.

I plan to mix it with water & tea tree oil & maybe a splash of ACV.

GGsKin

Ordered some Kaolin clay on Amazon with my points.

It should be here Tuesday. Wash day is on the weekend & I can't wait to try it out.

I plan to mix it with water & tea tree oil & maybe a splash of ACV.

@yaya24 Just a heads up, the kaolin clay mix doesn't get thick (no matter how much you add). It stays really runny and doesn't have slip..I had to mix with other clays to make it work for me.

Aggie

@pelohello

:yep: that dead Sea mud wash is wonderful and I only use it once a month at the moment.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
@yaya24 Just a heads up, the kaolin clay mix doesn't get thick (no matter how much you add). It stays really runny and doesn't have slip..I had to mix with other clays to make it work for me.
Omggg thanks for that!
You just saved me a world of annoyance!!
I'm going to order some rhassoul clay to mix in with the kaolin clay.