Miss Jada's Hair journey

LondonDiva

Miss Jada\'s Hair journey

I found these pics of Miss Jada's hair in year and month order over the past 4.5 years. Recent pics of her are so hard to find with her long hair. Oh well after the Matrix comes out this year we'll see more of her. I love this woman. She's so pretty /images/graemlins/laugh.gif She's the only black celeb (for me personally) who has done the whole grown her hair long from real short consistently over the past few years. These are very inspirational for me. Enjoy.

5 may 88
23 feb 00
26 jul 01
25 oct 01
18 feb 02
24 feb 02
2 mar 02
4 nov 02
17 jan 03

sweetcocoa

Re: Miss Jada\'s Hair hourney

I love the shine and thickness of her ponytail(braid)in her natural pic. Thanks for posting these. She's one of my favorite actresses.

pebbles

I like Jada also. Her hair is beautiful. Thanks for sharing LD. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

I do too, I love her Spirit...

She wears weave though, I just read about it in BlackHairstyles Mag. most of those are not her hair.

But she looks soooo, good in all different styles.

I love that ponytail look too.

Crysdon

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
She wears weave though, I just read about it in BlackHairstyles Mag. most of those are not her hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great minds think alike. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was just going to post that I read she wears a weave to achieve length. Yet still, she looks good with or without the weave.

hairfanatic

I think Jada has a BEAUTIFUL grade of hair, it reminds me of my mother's hair. I really love the curly style. I would love to know what her routine is. Do you know what she uses LondonDiva?

Lindy

Do you think that last picture is really her hair??? Hard to believe she could grow her hair from nearly bald to that length in just a few years!!! Hmmm... You know, with these actresses you never know what is real and what isn't. Not that it matters, cuz if it looks good then, who cares if it's really yours or not, especially nowadays, but still... I don't think we should be so quick to admire and envy the hair of these people, when in actuality, it most likely isn't there's... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

pebbles

Yet still, she looks good with or without the weave.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you there Crysdon, whether it's a weave or her hair, she looks absolutely beautiful! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

londongirl3

Lindy said:
Do you think that last picture is really her hair??? Hard to believe she could grow her hair from nearly bald to that length in just a few years!!! Hmmm... You know, with these actresses you never know what is real and what isn't. Not that it matters, cuz if it looks good then, who cares if it's really yours or not, especially nowadays, but still... I don't think we should be so quick to admire and envy the hair of these people, when in actuality, it most likely isn't there's... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking at her natural hair picture(with the ponytail), she definitely has long hair. (Even if she is wearing a weave in the last picture) She has grown her hair from that practically bald cut in set it off. She deserves credit for that.

beana3

Her hair is beautiful, it really looks healthy and FULL! I really like it.

pmichael52172

sweetcocoa said:
I love the shine and thickness of her ponytail(braid)in her natural pic. Thanks for posting these. She's one of my favorite actresses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweetcocoa,

That's how your hair looks too. Shiny, thick and healthy looking... seriously... I'm not just saying that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

I don't want to offend anyone, /images/graemlins/ohwell.gifbut IMO It's not that hard to see how it's been done from 1988 to the first pic in 2003. That's nearly 5 years. A minimum of 30 inches if she never cut it. I'm not saying Jada DOES NOT wear hair pieces when doing photo shoots and things like that, but a lot of it (most of the time is common sense to see when she's wearing a weave). She's had her own hair long before in the movie the Inkwell.

There is a really short fro that she has in one of the pics and I remember this from when she attended a movie premier in London and wore it in two curly afro puffs.

If you read the dates which are to the left of the picture, it's not a hard feat to achieve. her hair was quite long in the movie bamboozled filmed in 2001 where her hair was curly but pulled back in a ponytail for most of the movie.

The july to oct 2001 pic looks like her hair flat ironed or blow dryed

I dunno maybe I'm getting a lil defensive over Jada /images/graemlins/drunk.gif (she's my favourite), but out of a lot of these black actresses I do believe her hair is naturally very long even if she has no hair pieces in it. When was pregnant with her daughter Willow, I saw the pics in Sister2Sister, where her hair was shoulder length. It was definitely her own and that was about 2 years ago so another possible 12 inches of growth.

I shuddup now /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

G

Don't get defensive, it's no biggie, she looks great.. It's just she HERSELF said that it's not her hair..

She's in pictures and needs different looks. I was just saying those are not all of her natural hair.

Madison

Re: Miss Jada\'s Hair journey

weave or not i love her hair especially the picture that was taken on 24 feb 02. that is one beautiful woman she and will make a handsome couple.

lshevonne

I'm like you LondonDiva, she is my favorite. My BF thinks I'm crazy when it comes to Ms Jada Pinkett Smith. If I could only grow my hair that long. /images/graemlins/weird.gif

pebbles

Ishevonne,

I just took a look at your pictures and your hair is definately growing! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

lshevonne

Thanks Pebbles. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
You are my new best friend. LOL /images/graemlins/littleangel2.gif

pebbles

Your welcome! It really is growing. You can see it clearly from the pictures. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

London Diva Girl! You said from 1988 to 2003 was 5 years. It's really 15 /images/graemlins/wink.gif

And someone said she had a short cut in Set it Off. I thought she wore braids in set it off. Did she sport two styles in that movie?

G

I for one have never been a fan of weave, short shave hair looks better to me than weave anyday. But that's just me.

Ishevonne - Say that is not a pontail on your smiley... /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

LondonDiva

Supergirl said:
London Diva Girl! You said from 1988 to 2003 was 5 years. It's really 15 /images/graemlins/wink.gif

And someone said she had a short cut in Set it Off. I thought she wore braids in set it off. Did she sport two styles in that movie?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um yeah well you know what i mean /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

At the end of set it off she cut her braids and sported a short teeny weeny fro.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Thanks LD! Now I remember...when she was on the phone with that sexy Blair Underwood /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

honeycomb719

I love these pics of Jada's hair. It looks so healthy and shiny /images/graemlins/blush.gif I don't care personally if it real or fake, whatever it is she is wearing it well. But, that's the case w/ all the styles she sports /images/graemlins/grin.gif

londongirl3

I thought at the end when she was taking off she had basically no hair.................hmmmm, time to reborrow the movie.

LondonDiva

You're right. Although she had hair, just not much of it. It was a very small fro she had after choppin off her braids in the sink.