Mizani Butter Blends Mild or Regular

naturally-devine

Okay, so I decided that I am going to relax my hair. Right now, transitioning just isn't going the way I planned and I'm not ready for a BC, so I decided that I am going to relax. My question is do you guys suggest using the Mild or Regular formula? To help with any suggestions, I haven't relaxed in 10 months and have 4-5 inches of new growth. I planning to stretch relaxers every 16-24 weeks. I think my front is a 3C and fine (loose 's' curl). My crown and some portions in the nape consists of dense patches of 4a coils (some coffee stirrer size-others about the size of an ink pen). I've always been a self relaxer, however I was going for a bone straight look so I used super (which was way too strong for my hair). Now I am not looking for a bone straight look. I still want to have some texture, and as the hair grows out I will cut off the bone straight hair. I did my final wash last night and plan to actually relax on Tuesday.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
The mild left me looking like I had barely gotten a relaxer. It's good if you want to texlax. The regular left me relaxed but not bone straight
ETA I'm a 4a with very tight curls (pen spring/coffee curler sized curls)

tuffCOOKiE

I think it will get the loose S curls straighter. I think you need to do a strand test to see how resistant your hair is.

For example, I used MBB for Fine/ Color Treated hair and I have type 4 hair. It's frizzy (S Pattern) in the front and tight coils along the edges and in the back. It's thick and coarse, but not resistant. I left it in for 20 min and it got me completely straight and that's not even what I wanted!

I don't want to tell you to 'experiment' but I think that's what youre gonna have to do. I would tell you get the stronger one. You can always add conditioner to it if it's too strong.

BermudaKISS

I don't do my relaxers myself but my stylist uses the regular on my hair and it comes out smooth, soft and straight but not bone straight. I did find that my last touch up left my hair a little under processed on the crown of my head which it a lot courser than the rest of my head. All in all I love this stuff and if I ever get to self relax this is the stuff I'll use for sure.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I like the mild, and on top of that I mix it with olive oil before I get my touch-ups. I hate my hair being "bone-straight", I have fine hair and when I use to use no-lye any strength it made my hair look so thin. Now I use fine and it makes my hair look kind of texlax, but still kind of straight.

juicee428

i use mild and i think it gives more versatility...You can flat iron for a sleek look or roller set for waves with a lil texture. another thing is mild gives you more time to be thorough with the application

nycutiepie

My hair is fine and breaks down really quick. I started with the mild but switched to the regular because I did not want to be texlaxed anymore. If you want your hair straight, I suggest the regular because the mild is very mild. HTH!

Menina Preta

I use regular. It works great for me. Next time I get a touch-up, I'll ask my stylist to leave it on for only 15 minutes. I noticed that when I washed, I still have a slight wave pattern and I love it! It's very very slight and easily disappears upon combing, but it's a lot better than the stick straight roots I used to have upon touching up with other relaxers.