mizani relaxers???

cafe au lait

hi everyone, I am cafe au lait. I am new to the board. I am in the UK. I read in the sbh magazine that mizani had a line of great relaxers to really straighten one's hair. so i went online to sheldeez.com and ordered a medium rhelaxer, moisturefuse conditioner,comfirdem scalp oil,h2o intense night time treatment,puriphying shampoo,conditioning styling lotion, and the silkening and curling wax. the problem is I got them this morning and it says it's for (for professional use only) I am completely disheartened as I mostly relax my hair myself at home. mizani is not available in the UK, so I doubt a lot of hairdressers here would know how to use it. (mine's don't) and my last relaxer was the Ors olive oil, I think it was a no-lye. I have always used a no-lye. dark and lovely kit or african pride. mizani contains lye. I am not too worried about switching as my last relaxer was done november 15/04. has anyone tried mizani relaxer at home??? and did you experience any bad results? any input will be greatly appreciated.
it also says; I would have to wash the relaxer off with their phormula-7 neutralizing shampoo and silly me I went and bought the puriphying shampoo. could I use a different brand of neutralizing shampoo? would it make any difference?
I could order the phormula-7 shampoo but it will take forever to get here. (20 days to be exact) I need to relax my hair in the next two days as it is itching terrible. TIA
OH great board by the way, got all my vitamins, and started on the carrot juice which surprisingly tasted way better than I thought. so I will increase my intake from 2.oz to 8.oz from today. my hair is mid-neck and I am hoping to grow shoulder lenght hair in the next 6 months. God willing

meka

Yes Maam you definately need the Phormula 7 shampoo because this is the neutralizing shampoo which will stop action. Don't worry about the for professionals only thing b/c most relaxers in your local beauty supply stores say the same thing. Maybe you can shampoo and deep condition your hair so that you can wait until the shampoo comes or try ordering it off of ebay. There is someone on there who sell this stuff too. I will see if I can get the link for you.

cafe au lait

thanks for you response Meka. I have a differrent neutralizing shampoo, is it possible to use that? if not, can you give me that link? and do you have any idea how long it will take to deliver to the uk? thanks in advance

meka

I just went on the ebay and the seller only ships to the US. I will post a question about it and see what they say and I will call the lady that relaxes my hair sometimes.

Ok, just got off of the phone with her and she said go ahead with the neutralizer that you always use but you still need to order the other one.

Last edited:

cafe au lait

meka said:
I just went on the ebay and the seller only ships to the US. I will post a question about it and see what they say and I will call the lady that relaxes my hair sometimes.

Ok, just got off of the phone with her and she said go ahead with the neutralizer that you always use but you still need to order the other one.

I went on ebay after my reply to you and the sellers stated that they only ship within the US, so I went and washed my hair.
when I came back down I decided to send an e-mail to the seller to enquiry if they would ship to the UK? and they do. they said yes.
so right now I am the highest bidder on the phormula-7 product.
thanks darling, you are a gem

cafe au lait

UmSumayyah said:
I used mizani at home with no problems.

good to know,if you don't mind my asking, how long have you been using mizani rhelaxers? it's my first time with mizani and though I have read good reviews on it. it is always reassuring to hear from someone who has used it.
thanks for your reply

UmSumayyah

I used it twice. Currently waiting till Sunday to give phyto a try. :D
Mizani Sensitive Scalp straightened very well and didn't burn me at all.

DatJerseyDyme

I've been using Mizani Mild (lye) at home for awhile now-was previously using it at a salon. I have no problems and you definately need the neutralizing shampoo that is made for the relaxer.

Jewell

My last touch-up was with a Mizani Sensitive Scalp in Mild at JC Penney Salon, and it came out well, and there was no reversion.

I uwsed mizani for a touch up i ixed it with some conditioner as i have bleach in my hair came out pretty good and i only used my regular neutralizing shampoo not their brand i think you can use any kind of neutralizing shampoo when in doubt read ingredients on bottle you can probably pull their ingredients up on their website and if you can stand it you can rinse with cold water after using which ever neutralizing shampoo you try hth:}

Trinity1

Ximenia,

How did you stop the shedding? I'm thinking about using this relaxer but after reading your post,I might just want to stick with Motions......

TeeTee2