Moisture and sealing question

Salsarisma

I moisturize and seal my hair twice a day. I use either Elasta QP Mango Butter or ORS Moisturizer. Lately, I've been using "the juice" twice a day.

Now, if I moisturize in the morning and seal with my beloved coconut oil, am I TRULY able to moisturize again in the evening? I thought that oils seal in the moisture? So if I seal in the am, isn't it possible that my hair strands are still sealed, and thus blocking moisture, in the evening? So that the moisturizer I apply in the evening never penetrates the hair.

I just want to make sure I'm not wasting product by trying to moisturize and seal twice a day. For that matter, isn't it possible that your hair could still be sealed the following day too(for once a day moisturizers?) Someone please enlighten me.

dachsies_rule!

I moisturize and seal based on how my hair feels. When i do it properly, i can go a day or two without having to moisturize again. If you moisturize in the morning you may not need to do it again in the evening. Just base it on how your hair responds.