Sealing in Moisture

ldp

To those ladies that seal in moisture with oils how do you do it?

I'm interested in sealing after applying a moisturizer but I'm not sure how. I usually moisturize my hair once a day, so if I put oil on my hair after moisturizing will the moisturizer actually moisturize my hair the next time I apply it? Does this make any sense?? So for example: I wash my hair on sunday, apply a moisturizer, then seal the moisturizer with some type of oil. When I go to moisturize my hair on Monday will my hair actually absorb the moisturizer now that it's been sealed. Maybe I'm asking how long does the oil seal your hair? Does it go away after a day, two days, etc.? How can I tell if the oil is still on my hair?

Let me know if I need to clarify.

Thanks in advance.

HoneyDew

I used to seal with oil. For me, the oil did not really last day to day. Well, I could go w/o moisturizing every other day sometimes. Because the oil did not last, either from me touching my hair all day or some of it getting absorbed by my scarf or whatever, I could still moisturize my hair on other days and yes, my hair did benefit from that moisture. Of course there is some build up/layering (not in a bad way) but that is what shampoo is for, right. :)

HoneyDew

Also, I could tell that I had less oil on my hair because it was not as shiny.

I don't really use oil that much now because Aveda Brilliant Universal Styling Cream gives me the benefits of moisture and oil all in one.