Moisture Madness

baglady215

Why oh why is my hair so dry???

I'll admit, I kind of fell off the hair care bandwagon. No regular schedule, just washing when I felt like it, etc. This past week, I noticed some severe breakage in the front, and it's time for me to get back on track. The one thing I have never mastered in my hair care journey of almost 2 years is moisture. I have thick, dry, relaxed 4a/b hair. Ladies, help me out with some recommendations please. What do you do to keep your hair moisturized?

goldensensation

For the past three weeks I have been deep conditioning twice a week (one protein based, one moisture based) and I have found that my hair is thicker, shinier and more moisturized than ever before.

HoneyDew

goldensensation said:
For the past three weeks I have been deep conditioning twice a week (one protein based, one moisture based) and I have found that my hair is thicker, shinier and more moisturized than ever before.

GS, same here! I notice a big difference since I have been doing the same.

blueabyss333

baglady215 said:
Why oh why is my hair so dry???

I'll admit, I kind of fell off the hair care bandwagon. No regular schedule, just washing when I felt like it, etc. This past week, I noticed some severe breakage in the front, and it's time for me to get back on track. The one thing I have never mastered in my hair care journey of almost 2 years is moisture. I have thick, dry, relaxed 4a/b hair. Ladies, help me out with some recommendations please. What do you do to keep your hair moisturized?

I'm with you. I'm just starting to get back on the bandwagon. I was a little stressed between work, finals, and practice.

Healthb4Length

baglady215 said:
Thanks ladies. I will try to deep condition twice a week.

If you can't do the deep treatment thing then try co-washes with a creamy moisturizing conditioner like Suave's moisture milk conditioners, I've found that this really brings back moisture and makes detangling a dream.

locabouthair

you can try using a water based moisturizer then using an oil afterwards to seal in the moisture. always put the oil after the moisturizer. HTH

Healthb4Length

I forgot to mention, living in the cold NYC area, the winters are BRUTAL on the hair and I'm not in the mood to wash or co wash, I just baggie my entire head when I'm not in the mood to wash and this does the trick all the time.