MOISTURE PROBLEM-HELP PLZ

laurend085

I'm having a hard problem keeping my hair moisturized. I will be 21 weeks post on Sat. and in the process of transitioning. My nape and edges have been dry and tangly and I've been DCing once a week. Last night I applied diluted Infusium 23 moisturologie and sealed w/coconut oil. When I woke up this morning it was dry and tangly again. What can I do to keep my hair moisturized because I'm afraid my hair will break off. Thanks!

Infusium was not good for my hair at all, if I'm not mistaken it is protein??

Sounds to me you would benefit from a creamy leave in/moisturizer.

S Curl No Drip Moisturizer and a mixture of coconut, olive and jojoba oils has really brought the moisture back into my hair. I baggy with it about 2 days per week. And apply daily - as needed. Also, sleeping with a satin scarf and pillow case has helped my edges quite a bit. I've always had dry and crispy edges.

what DC are you using? if your hair is dry so quickly maybe you need a better DC

I'm still trying out DC's. When I wore braid extensions I used Lekair Cholesterol, On Saturday I used ORS replenishing conditioner in the bottle, The Friday before I used Yes to Carrots, This wknd I'll be trying AO HSR. Not really sure what works for me yet....

Never underestimate the power of a good clarifying shampoo! You may have product buildup. My hair gets dry and tangly if I don't clarify after placing a whole bunch of different products on my hair. You should also check your porosity as well. HTH

Never underestimate the power of a good clarifying shampoo! You may have product buildup. My hair gets dry and tangly if I don't clarify after placing a whole bunch of different products on my hair. You should also check your porosity as well. HTH

I used the Suave clarifying shampoo when I had braids and will probably use it this wknd b4 my tea tree shampoo. But I dunno what it is....

Trying Checking your Porosity that may be the culprit why your hair is not holding Moisture.

In addition to DC and finding the right one, do you ever steam + DC? DC overnight? Try a blend of oils for sealing. Coconut oil gives me good results but not by itself. Try jojoba, grapeseed, argan, shea butter, etc. Try adding some RAW honey to your favorite DC since it is an excellent humectant. You might need to change the frequency of your DC. During colder months, I DC 2 or 3 times a week. :look: Everyone here has given some great advice.
HTH and HHG!

Hon, since you're in a sew-in right now, I recommend a simple moisturizing spritz made with water and glycerin. You can add aloe vera juice or rosewater(good for soothing the skin).
This will get your hair moisturized. A simple thing to help seal the cuticle after DCing is an ACV rinse. Dilute Apple Cider Vinegar and pour over your head as a final rinse before leaving the shower. This helps seals the cuticle (porosity) and makes the hair shiney and smooth.

HTHs, hon! :)

OP, why do you think that you can't baggy with a weave? Is it the fake hair you're afraid of messing up? I usually baggy w/o products and it keeps my hair very happy so I know I'd not think twice about baggying with a weave.

OP, why do you think that you can't baggy with a weave? Is it the fake hair you're afraid of messing up? I usually baggy w/o products and it keeps my hair very happy so I know I'd not think twice about baggying with a weave.

Yea that, and it seems like it would be uncomfortable to sleep like that.

Back