Moisture

J Glazin

Hi
I was wondering what do you use as a daily oil for your hair.

I currently use:
*castor oil
*almond sweet oil
*olive oil
*sesame oil

I mixed them all up place them in a bottle and apply it to my scalp every night. Does anyone know any thing other ingrediants to stimulate growth. I got tired of using that and didnt see much growth

Guapa1

Are you talking about moisture? If so you need to get some water into your regimen. You need something water based and then the oil will seal the moisture in.

xxCami

Are you talking about moisture? If so you need to get some water into your regimen. You need something water based and then the oil will seal the moisture in.

I dont moisturize daily. every 2-3 days at the most.

oh I quoted you b.c drinking water dont count eh ? lol

Qualitee

Oil doesnt moisturize. Oil seals and shines. She means you need a water based moisturizer. I dont think driking water counts. Try to moisturize with mango butter, Avocado butter etc.

Guapa1

lol drinking is always good! However for your hair you should use something water based or even a home made spritz. Then use your lovely combo of oils to seal. Tell us more about your hair and the rest of your regimen.

xxCami

oki doki..

well

I wash with ummm.. giovanni deep moisture poo & conditioner.
Ijust did a keratin 2 min the other day
and i usually air dry.
I use heat very seldomly..
only in the front of my head, b.c. I wear half wigs lol..

but i moisturze with my concotion..

its a few pumps of hydra seal, biolage leave in cond..
ors carrot cream oil.. the thing that comes in the little jar
ors shea butter a spoonful..
miracle 8 oil w/ ginseng
africa six oil, a squeeze or two..
emergency 911.

its sounds like a lot but it all fits in that ors carrot cream oil jar..
and it last mad long.

and I seal with mangobutter.

So i wash every week and 1/2 ..
once regular
then con wash.
then regular...

and i usually leave in the conditioner and air dry.

what am i missing.

oh and i take a multi-v/biotin+ everyday.

b.c i am a vegetarian.
i eat fish/ seafood..
and my body needs certain things..

soo... what ya think yall!

my hair is shoulder length. and i cut it off like last may.. like way off.. like top of ear.. b.c i was tired of the ends looking rough ..
now they look beautiful .

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Some essential oils that stimulate growth are rosemary, basil, bay and peppermint....

Do you want to know about moisture, or how to stimulate growth?

naturalgurl

Hi
I was wondering what do you use as a daily oil for your hair.

I currently use:
*castor oil
*almond sweet oil
*olive oil
*sesame oil

I mixed them all up place them in a bottle and apply it to my scalp every night. Does anyone know any thing other ingrediants to stimulate growth. I got tired of using that and didnt see much growth

Almost identical. I use aloe, castor, coconut, almond and olive. The almond and olive get rotated out a lot but the others I use daily along with glycerin.

I dont' actually moisturize my scalp per se....I definitely spray my hair 2x a day with a glycerin/rose water/rosemary ylang ylang EO mix. I seal that with 2-3 drops of sweet almond oil. Depending on the moisture level of my hair I will spray my hair down and do this 2x a day. For growth, I put in a growth aid such at BT, BeeMine, OCT, or a homemade concoction. For a natural growth stimulant I might use rosemary, peppermint and cedarwood EO in jojoba oil and put a bit on my fingertips and do a scalp massage or scritching. I actually don't like a lot of product on my scalp because then my scalp feels dirty too quickly and since I'm in braids right now too much washing makes them look raggedy and i don't want to be constantly rebraiding them. I hope that helps :look:

J Glazin

Hey thanks for all the response. Basicallly, I try to keep my scalp moist because it gets really try and itchy. The mixture that I used helps my scalp but I was wondering if their is anything else out there that I can use to moist my scalp at the same time stimulate growth. Also I am currently looking for peppermint oil and glycerin oil. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Thanks a bunch:grin:

locabouthair

Hey thanks for all the response. Basicallly, I try to keep my scalp moist because it gets really try and itchy. The mixture that I used helps my scalp but I was wondering if their is anything else out there that I can use to moist my scalp at the same time stimulate growth. Also I am currently looking for peppermint oil and glycerin oil. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Im not sure about gylverin oil but you can find peppermint oil at vitamin shoppe or gnc.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.

You can get glycerin, honeyquat, SAA's, etc at
www.lotioncrafter.com

Oils, butters, eo's, etc can be found here
www.fromnaturewithlove.com

Angkin73

I got my glycerin at my local BSS it was 100% pure glycerin, and my local natural foods store had the vegetable glycerine.

I got the peppermint oil at the natural store also.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016

Girl if you want to stop breakage and shedding so often you need to moisturize atleast once a day if not more! And it's better to have a product that the first 3 or 4 ingredients are not Petroleum, or Mineral oil! A matter of fact it's better to find one with none of those products!

OT: The oils you talked about are not for moisture, but for sealing, and it's better to mix an essential oil with those like peppermint oil, lavender oil.

locabouthair

I forgot to add PLEASE DONT use peppermint oil by itself. It's too strong to use on it's own. You will need to mix it with EVOO or another carrier oil.