Moisturizing

stillgrowin

I usually moisturize by running my hands down the length of my hair.Then seal with some type of oil concentrating on the ends.......I was reading somewhere that if you dont moistuze the line of demarcation then you risk breakage? Should I be parting and moisturizing the new growth etc as well? That just sounded like a lot of manipulation. Thanks! Trying to avoid any setbacks before they occur.........I got goals people!:look:

westNDNbeauty

I'm not relaxed but your suspicion is correct. I would suggest going beyond rubbing your hands through your hair. If it is too much manipulation, I suggest using a moisturizer that is in a spray bottle. I use Taliah Waajid and that helps me to cut down on manipulating my hair when moisturizing. That also helps me to prolong my style.

I reviewed that moisturizer in my blog.

stillgrowin

I'm not relaxed but your suspicion is correct. I would suggest going beyond rubbing your hands through your hair. If it is too much manipulation, I suggest using a moisturizer that is in a spray bottle. I use Taliah Waajid and that helps me to cut down on manipulating my hair when moisturizing. That also helps me to prolong my style.

I reviewed that moisturizer in my blog.

Thanks for confirming!! I will start doing that........

lea86111

when i'm using a creamy moisturizer, i part my hair in 4 sections and just really work the moisturizer in (2 1/2 months post and 1 in) to make sure i get it in there. Otherwise i feel like some of the hair is not moisturized and don't wanna cause breakage @ the demarcation (or anywhere else)

Solitude

To be honest, this is why I don't believe the line of demarcation is as weak as people make it out to be. There is ALWAYS a line of demarcation on your head because your new growth is always growing in, but your hair isn't always breaking off.

It really depends on what you prefer. Sometimes I part my hair in sections and moisturize the length, but when I'm wearing my hair straight, I don't want to weigh it down with product so I just rub the moisturizer over my hair and on my ends. Water/spray moisturizers work well for textured styles and buns, but in my experience butter and oil-based moisturizers work better on straight or rollerset hair. If your deep conditioning is done well, you might not have to worry as much about moisturizing the whole length of your hair. But, definitely don't neglect your ends!

During a long stretch, I apply a creamy leave-in with really good slip to my new growth to help with ease of parting and styling after I wash and condition my hair. I relax every 6 months.