More questions about co-washing...please help

CookieLAD

I so love straight hair, so is conditioner washing wishful thinking for me? I can't spend hours dealing with my hair afterward, so I need some ideas. Roller setting would take way too much time, and I could try drying using the ponytail method, but how do I get rid of the big dents without using heat? Or do I need to learn how to do and love hair with texture (braidouts, or twistouts), or wear buns?

Also, I've tried this before, (using VO5, Suave & Herbal Essence) but my 3C/4A hair was not impressed with any of these conditioners...need help here too!

I'd like to start co-washing at least twice per week and shampooing once per week.

gorgeoushair

Maybe you could try braidouts and twistouts and try another conditioner. You can also start wrapping your hair for the straight style.

genesis

When I first started airdrying using the ponytail method I had the dents also, what helped me was taking off the ponytail holder once my roots had dried straight. I no longer have the dents since I started doing this. Give it a try.

Cincysweetie

What about trying Sylver2's method. She puts her hair in a ponytail and rollersets the length of the ponytail with a handful of rollers. I use this method a lot myself. Your roots come out straight, the length has some body but it's relatively straight.

www.fotki.com/cincysweetie
pw: tresses
(there are pics in my album)

gorgeoushair

Some people also use a stocking/pantyhose as a ponytail holder when doing the ponytail method and I think this hepls with the dent.

sweetpeadst

I started doing what Serenity Breeze does she let's her hair airdry and then rolles it on Caruso rollers it works out pretty good!!!