More Water + Less Product = Smoother Rollerset?

bajanplums1

Hi Ladies,

A few weeks ago, I asked if anyone had tried a water only rollerset. Some said that they did with great results, other say that they had frizz.

Well, i learned a good lesson today. Less prodcut = smoother hair for my rollersets. It is the smoothest rollerset I have ever had at home, normally my hair is still a bit wavy. So thanks to all those ladies who told me that water based roller sets were alright.

1. I left my hair dripping wet
2. Continually sprayed with 3/4 water 1/4 Motions Nourish Leave in
3. Added a touch of rusk to the last 1" of hair
4. Dried under hood for 1.5 hours

lexi08

I will have to try this, my rollersets keep coming out too wavy. Now I know why. Thanks for posting this tip Bajan!

HWAY

Thanks for that. After my first rollerset, my hair was hard and dry. For the second,I diluted Jane Carter 50/50 my hair was wavy and dry. This weekend I will dilute the leave in and won't use the wrap and roll. I was thinking about this yesterday. When my stylist does my hair, he doesn't use a lot of products and my hair always looks fabulous.

Isis

I agree. I do the same thing with dripping wet hair, just a little leave-in (Headress) and a little of my oils to seal in. My rollersets are better this way plus my leave-in lasts longer.

myco

Isis said:
I agree. I do the same thing with dripping wet hair, just a little leave-in (Headress) and a little of my oils to seal in. My rollersets are better this way plus my leave-in lasts longer.

I agree. I keep a bottle of diluted leave-in in a spray bottle to keept my hair drenched as I go along.

I also find that if I mix all the products in my hands first, I use less product. But if I try to layer them seperately, I use too much.

kizzylonghair

I agree :wave:

I learned the hard way, I used to drench my hair in leave in spray, leave in mousse, tons of moisturizer and oil. It wasnt a good roller set. I always wondered when I would go to the salon they would put a little bit of leave in and the set was perfect.
Now Less is More. A little leave in, A Heat protector spray, and a little Oil/Moisturiser. My sets are perfect.
I have learned that less is more with moisturizing to
It so good we have this board !!!

Kizzy