Most MOISTURIZING Pre-poo mix - Please Share!

leigh.hill

I am 17 weeks post relaxer and although I have FINALLY found a moisturizer that works I have been waiting TWO WEEKS to get it (hairveda must be sending my stuff via pony express). In the meantime, my hair has straight dried up :perplexed! I have to do a protein treatment today or tomorrow because I am getting relaxer next week. :drunk: I have a DC that I love (sheamoisture), but I think I may need a little extra help.

What do you mix together or use as a pre-poo treatment? I have used coconut/olive oil honey mixture, but I really don't see much of a difference. Just wondering what your using...

nymane

I use Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner for at least 2 hrs (w/ a shower cap) no heat :lick:

sensi sweetie

I go nuts with my prepoos. Conditioners, oils, yogurt, honey.... Anything I can get my hands on gets added in.

I enjoy making my own hair cocktails plus my hair always comes out .stronger and shinier then when I prepoo with just conditioner.

Your Cheeziness

Since my V05 isn't the business on my wet hair being almost 6 months post. I love it as a prepoo. But I use almost the whole bottle. Other than that, my fav prepoo is Dabur Amla Oil.

leigh.hill

I do have some random conditioners under my sink that I could pull out! Thanks for the suggestions so far...keep em coming!

sensi sweetie

Just wanna mention that I don't think you see instant results from pre-pooing (atleast I didn't) Its more for the long term health of your hair. So don't get discouraged and think that mixtures "arent working"
You will notice a difference over time, promissssse.

Austro-Afrikana

1. Honey and yogurt is great...I mix it with AOHSR and use as a DC with steam nowadays.

2. 1 avocado, 1 banana, a few tbspns warm olive oil, 1 egg yolk, 2 tbspns yogurt/milk (I usually swap the yogurt for an extra banana)

HTH

Lucky's Mom

5 oz Aloe vera gel ( food grade )
3 tbls of coconut oil
1 teaspoon wheat germ oil
2 teaspoons honey.

Heaven for hair... =)

Lucky's Mom

Just wanna mention that I don't think you see instant results from pre-pooing (atleast I didn't) Its more for the long term health of your hair. So don't get discouraged and think that mixtures "arent working"
You will notice a difference over time, promissssse.

Yep - You have to give it about 3 months.

Junebug D

Add castor oil to a conditioner. I did a few pre-poos with castor oil a while ago and they were great, even just the oil on its own. I just tried it again recently and it was still the best. Castor oil + conditioner. :yep:

prettybyrd

5 oz Aloe vera gel ( food grade )
3 tbls of coconut oil
1 teaspoon wheat germ oil
2 teaspoons honey.

Heaven for hair... =)

Hey Lucky's Mom:
I just read about the benefits of Wheat Germ oil for hair, and I'm curious about your pre-poo.

Did you concoct this for hair loss/thinning? Do you only use wheat germ oil for this pre-poo or do you also use it on your hair or scalp? How long to you leave this on? Is it just for ends, scalp or whole head and hair? Sorry for so many questions! :) TIA!

coolsista-paris

i also use yogurts a lot. feels good.
i put yogurt+ olive oil, egg york + honey. came out fine.
another thing but for dc: avocado, egg,olive oil,honey= my hair detangles so easily.

i take Wheat Germ as a supplement

joytimes10

EVCO on dry hair at least six hours before washing.
My cuticle absorbs the EVCO and is less likely to swell up and contract from the water during my wash. I think this is the only way that pre-pooing makes sense to me.

Anything else is DC'ing on dry hair. For this avocado, EVOO, and honey leaves my hair super moisturized.

leigh.hill

Wow, these are some great mixes. I did buy some castor oil awhile ago for my edges, but I never thought about adding it to my pre-poo. Dangit, if I did not eat my last container of yogurt!

Kindheart

What works very well for me is 5 spoons Taliaa Wajid Healing Oil (cant remember the exact name) and 5 spoons of jojoba oil and 10 spoons of coconut oil .I warm it up in the micro place it on my hair and keep on for approximatley 30 mins to 1 hour. (20 mins only if i use heat ) My hair loves this pree poo .

NIN4eva

Any kind of conditioner with olive oil and honey. Mix it all up and microwave it for 15-20 seconds. I love it. Since I don't have a dryer anymore I do my DC's this way as well. I don't even need to use a daily moisturizer anymore, just oilve oil, grapeseed oil and frizz serum as my leave-in.

But do note, that I'm doing this like, 3 days per week. If I didn't have that kind of time on my hands I'd probably need to have a daily moisturizer on hand.