Motions Anyone?

syze6

I relaxed my hair last night with the Motions Oil Moisturizers relaxer. It wasn't as straight as Silk Elements but it does give volume to my otherwise fine hair. It appears to be underprocessed in areas but I don't think its a bone straight relaxer. Has anyone used Motions and did you like it?

SelfStyled

I admit I am a liitle slow on the uptake, I used Motions last year for 4 touchups and I kept thinking it was my applications, but I later found out that it was the Motions. Motions leaves calcium deposits on the hair strand that can cause under processing. Please learn from my mistake- it's not you, it IS the product.

Motions left me severely underprocessed also
I used Motions Oil Moisturizers Mild
it sucked:mad:

It leaves your hair pretty hard too, not soft like Silk Elements or ORS Lye

Ms. Cleo

Motions Oil Moisturizer relaxer just does not work for me. I used it for 2 years and the underprocessing has taken a toll on my hair. Super leaves me underprocessed and regular does nothing. I switched to Silk Elements and have must better results.

Aidenberry03

I think that people forget that when Motions was first developed, it tauted itself as a relaxer that breaks down the hair slowly...for optimum comfort for the client. Since its inception it was a relaxer meant to under process hair or to break it down slowly so that the professional stylist would have enough time to gauge maximum result for the client. So when I hear that Motions underprocessed someone, I say...hey its supposed to do that.

I am not sure if their marketing ploy or chemical formula has changed since then.:look:

syze6

I thought it was me, the hair did seem a bit hard. It wasn't until I put on the NTM that is became soft. I must say for the first useage NTM is very good. How long should I wait to relax again? I was afraid to use my SE because some ladies said they experienced thinning? I would say it's the best relaxer I 've used so far!

msjones

I relaxed my hair last night with the Motions Oil Moisturizers relaxer. It wasn't as straight as Silk Elements but it does give volume to my otherwise fine hair. It appears to be underprocessed in areas but I don't think its a bone straight relaxer. Has anyone used Motions and did you like it?

I must say I thought it was just me too. It def made my hair hard and underprocessed me. Being underprocessed and trying to stretch my relaxer is sooo hard! Thank God others are having this problem as well b/c I thought I just wasn't applying correctly. I'm going to be using silk elements or profectiv the next time. ;)

TLC1020

I may be the minority here but I use Motions Mild Relaxer and I
love it. :yay:

I start with the most coarse section first, I part my hair 2" from the nape and work my way upward, then relax the nape then the sides and lastly smooth the relaxer in.. It works for me :D