Motions Moisture Plus vs. Roux Porosity for Dryness

BoaterGirlKim

I started having problems with dryness with the cold weather and received some great advice on another thread I started about it, including addressing porosity. I'm trying to curb PJism so before buying Roux Porosity Control, I checked my other conditioners already on hand and, lo and behold, the MMP label states that it restores hair's pH balance and evens porosity. I've been using it as a cowash and deep conditioner exclusively for about the past week and feel a great difference in moisture but still get a bit dry at the end of the day. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and buy RPC or stick with my MMP regimen. Can anyone offer a comparison from experience (or is it like apples and oranges)? Thanks!

Simply_elle

Um...the motions...

It's way to build up prone for my hair, thus causing more washing...then more dryness lol It didnt soften (detangled great!) and caused more dryness in the long run... Sorry I have no experience with Roux... I use vo5 clarifier conditioner, TGI moisture maniac, Kenra MC... these have minimal buildup and possibly its easier to tackle to moisture and porosity issues separate? More like the aphogee 2 step...hard porosity control...then moisturize thereafter?

sorry motions..those cones were not the business :nono:

BoaterGirlKim

Thanks Elle - those cones are exactly why the tub of Motions had been sitting at the back of my bathroom closet forever! I've been trying to kick cones as well as mineral oil and sulfates to the curb but this latest dryness was different from regular dryness - my hair felt rough even under running shower water if that makes sense(!). Also, I wet bun almost 100% of the time and the hair tucked in the bun would get crispy dry, too! I read on the board that this type of dryness was a porosity issue, and when I went thru my stash and saw that Motions is pH balanced, I had to give it a try before forking over more cash on a new product. Well, so far so good - my hair is feeling pretty normal again, than goodness. But I will keep my eye out for build up issues - thanks!