Motions silk protein conditioner

VroniL2006

I think that it is interesting that on my Motions Silk Protein Conditioner jar, protein is not listed anywhere in the list of ingredients.

Has anyone else notice this?

navsegda

Can you type out the ingredients on the back of yours? Someone on this board a few years ago listed them as:

Water, mineral oil, polyquaternium-32, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hydrolyzed silk protein, algea extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, hydrolyzed collagen, cocamidopropyl, betaine, glycol distearate, lauryl polyglucose, propylene glycol, glycereth-31, dimethicone copolyol, isostearate, methlyparaben, propylparaben, diazolidinyl, urea, fragrance, yellow 5.

In this formula, the proteins are the hydrolyzed silk and the collagen. Has it changed on yours?

VroniL2006

Well on mine, instead of saying hydrolized silk protein....mine says hydrolyzed silk. The hydolized collagen is on there too...ok, just checking. I was trying to google and see if the hydrolyzed silk was the protein, something told me that was probably it.

navsegda

VroniL2006 said:
Well on mine, instead of saying hydrolized silk protein....mine says hydrolyzed silk. The hydolized collagen is on there too...ok, just checking. I was trying to google and see if the hydrolyzed silk was the protein, something told me that was probably it.
Yeah, I guess they stopped typing the "protein" after the silk because they thought it would sound redundant or something lol. Silk in itself is mainly protein (roughly 97% animal protein and has eighteen amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein). Silk also helps prevent damage from products that contain alkaline by forming a protective film over the hair bonds (you better believe I will be applying the CHI Silk Infusion before relaxing again haha). Oh, and hydrolyzed just means they added water to it so the silk molecules gain more energy to be broken down quicker and can better penetrate into the hair strands (kinda like when you hydrolyze adenosine triphosphate...you add water and then you get adenosine diphosphate and an inorganic phosphate).

Last edited:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
The ingredients may not always say "protein." Look for words like hydrolyzed (as Nav pointed out) or amino acids.