Motions-The Culprit!! (Long)

Sosoothing

I really wanted to like motions silk protein conditioner. 300% moisture retention? I knew I couldnt go wrong!
The first time I used it, it gave me such great slip! I noticed that some of my hair came out by the stands, but I was so excited about the results, I attributed the hair loss to numerous other things.
The second time I used it after my relaxer and I should have been suspicious when I lost enough hair to have hubby unclog the sink for me afterwards:perplexed . I was only worried that maybe my hair was much more unhealthy than I noticed and wasnt strong enough to take a relaxer.

The third time; I just took down my braids a few days ago. Moisturized, detangled like I always do, gently combed through like always. Washed the next day and once again reached for the Motions. Thats when I realized what was happening:( (and it was about time too:mad: ).
Ladies my hair, on all three occassions was coming out seemingly from the root. If you can imagine putting Nair hair remover on your head.....thats what was happening.

Im not stressed, not on any kind of medication and I wasnt using any other new products so I have no doubts what was causing my hair loss. I had already detangled my hair after taking my braids down and after wearing braids for more than 10years, I know how much hair I should lose and what it looks like.
I still crave that slip. I got it with few other products but obviously I cant continue my relationship with motions silk protein conditioner.

My poor hair, Im just greatful that it has always been very thick. Needless to say this experience has cured my PJism. I am scared to try anthing new right now.....I guess thats what I get for jumping on almost every bandwagon out there:D.

MzTami

Hellerrrr
I am sorry about your experience, and thank you for sharing.

Personally, I have never liked motions products. I have used the lotion mositurizer a long time ago, but didn't like it. I know a lot of people that use the relaxers and brag about the results, but I used it maybe once or twice about 7 years ago and didn't care for it. Motion products would leave my hair too dry.

Also, another one I don't like is Silk Elements. I applied the relaxer, and used the shampoo and conditioner, I wasn't impressed. I went in to Sally's about 7 months ago looking for a good relaxer and they were trying to sell me the Silk Element's relaxer, telling me that a lot of african american ladies buy it. I told them that I tried it and didn't like it. (Basically, I was saying get out of my face with it)

PJ will never buy motion products or Silk Elements!

Something like that happened to me. I used the Motions CPR and my hair came out in small clumps by the root :mad: . It happened when I used their moisturizing conditioner too. This was like 4 years ago, but I've avoided Motions like the plague ever since!

gn1g

That explains this shedding problem I am having. I loved this conditioner but as far as their other products they really damage your hair.

amy1234

sorry to hear about your mishaps, are you sure it was the motions that caused the shedding? I know that motions products contain a lot of silicones and it's important to clarify every now and then to avoid product build up. It could also be caused by the relaxer, if it burns your scalp then your folicles are also affected. I just don't see how a conditioner can make your hair fall out imo. anyway, I hope you can resolve this minor set back and I know you will in time. :kiss:

TonicaG

TonicaG
WOW! Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry to hear that you're hair didn't like Motions. I'm not a fan of it nor have I ever been, but you're right that would definitely cure pjism. Prayerfully you can find another product that you'll be pleased with. One thing for sure, it does make you more attentive!

PrettyBrownEyes

I know longer use Motions products. I used to use the Lavish Shampoo and Moisture Plus Conditioner. All they do imo is make your hair feel good. They aren't really beneficial to the overall health of your hair.

I now use higher quality products and my hair is thriving.

Sosoothing

*Dee* said:
sorry to hear about your mishaps, are you sure it was the motions that caused the shedding? I know that motions products contain a lot of silicones and it's important to clarify every now and then to avoid product build up. It could also be caused by the relaxer, if it burns your scalp then your folicles are also affected. I just don't see how a conditioner can make your hair fall out imo. anyway, I hope you can resolve this minor set back and I know you will in time. :kiss:

I know what you mean Dee, but there is no doubt in my mind. The relaxer I used is the one I have always used and it did not burn at all. And the other times I used the conditioner it wasnt with a relaxer. Even the seemingly mildest of products to some people can have adverse affects on others. It happens. But like I said I did like how soft the hair that is still on my hair felt and I wish I didnt have to give it up:) . I guess I will just have to look for something else that can give me the same results.
Thanks to everyone who sympathizes with me:) .

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Girl, I feel ya, I can't stand that sneaky motions, smells good and feels good but, the reality is is it truly any good for some of us. I put motions to rest years ago when it took my armpit length hair to shoulder length, thinning it and making it dry as ever, the same for my daughter and everyone that I know that used it then had the same complaints, I sure would like to know what the heck is in it that's causing this:confused: . I had everyone on the Motions bandwagon too, bragging about how soft my hair was after using it and how good it smelt. :perplexed Motions had me looking like a fool :ohwell: , Just start giving that hair that extra TLC, and get control of that hairloss and you should be fine :) .

Sosoothing

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Girl, I feel ya, I can't stand that sneaky motions, smells good and feels good but, the reality is is it truly any good for some of us. I put motions to rest years ago when it took my armpit length hair to shoulder length, thinning it and making it dry as ever, the same for my daughter and everyone that I know that used it then had the same complaints, I sure would like to know what the heck is in it that's causing this:confused: . I had everyone on the Motions bandwagon too, bragging about how soft my hair was after using it and how good it smelt. :perplexed Motions had me looking like a fool :ohwell: , Just start giving that hair that extra TLC, and get control of that hairloss and you should be fine :) .

Thanks BWE:). Im definately doing my best to pamper what I have left.

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
I used the daily cream conditioner for a long time. It only made my hair feel oily, not moisturized, but I stuck with it because my hairdresser recommended it.
I've also discovered that mineral oil doesn't agree with my hair and that was the main ingredient. I definitely do NOT trust Motions products anymore!

gn1g

BeautifulWideEyes said:

I totally agree I put it on my daughters hair and it had her hair looking like a cheap doll's hair. Totally melt her ends.

cutiestyles

I use a lot of motions products, as for the relaxer I'm okay with that but I'm not sure about CPR con. When I use it my hair seems to shed although it appears thicker, I still get bits of hair in the sink. But their lotion is terrible thats for sure! I suppose once we realise something doesn't work for our hair we eliminate it. Its just sad that it takes a while to identify the culprit!

theoneandonly

I am joining the strike against motions....I have used a lot of their products and have not found 1 that I like. Used the regular relaxer and my hair never got straight. Little to my knowledge my "smart" hairdresser started using motions super on me instead of just switching brands of perms, and now my used to be beautiful/thick hair is shedding and it looks like acid ate it up. I noticed dry hair and dry ends too, compared to other perms. Yall stay away from motions...lets just say I am now staying away from that hairdresser and motions :mad:

Jewell

Hmmm. My mother told me Motions relaxers were bad, so I never used one. Their conditioners are okay for my hair. The CPR, Moisture-Plus After Shampoo Conditioner and Silk Protein Conditioner are what I use. They work aight for me, but I don't use often. Maybe twice a month...other than that I use Mane 'N Tail or Creme of Nature.

Shariracquel

Well, sorry about your Mishap. But I strongly doubt Motions was the reason for your massive hair loss combined. I use motions products and they are great, it makes my hair so soft and virtually break free each time. I know that everyone's hair is different, but I strongly disagree that motions would be that strong to let strands come from the root. It could have been the end of your hair cycle and because when you wash it you manipulate it the most, that is when the hair come's out.

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but good luck w/ everything else.

vaqtea

Im so sorry this happened to you! :kiss: I used CPR also about 4 months ago and I experienced the same thing .... a huge amoungt of shedding! :mad: Just handle your hair with TLC and it should recover. Once again sorry!

napgurl

Hey Motions did the same thing to me. I used the product twice and noticed a handful of hair at the bottom of my shower. I changed conditioners and had no more problems. :bath2:

gorgeoushair

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I know Motions doesn't work for everyone but for me it does. I love their CPR conditioning treatment, silk protein conditioner, lavish shampoo, oil relaxer, and moisture plus conditioner. I'm anxious to try their reconstructor. Motions CPR helped my hair from bad bad breakage. Have you tried anything from their new herbal line?

shunemite

gorgeoushair said:
Sorry to hear about your mishap. I know Motions doesn't work for everyone but for me it does. I love their CPR conditioning treatment, silk protein conditioner, lavish shampoo, oil relaxer, and moisture plus conditioner. I'm anxious to try their reconstructor. Motions CPR helped my hair from bad bad breakage. Have you tried anything from their new herbal line?

I like Motions too. The reconstructor works wonders for my hair! It feels much better than ORS hair mayo. I also use the lavish shampoo, wrap lotion, and moisture co. I alternate it with Nexxus. Probably the one thing about Motions is that their whole product line has silicones in it, so you get build up pretty fast. But it definately works for me.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I experienced the same ish with MOTIONS!! :swearing:

In the past I used their products for a month. My hair was flowing, soft, shiny, and strong. But the minute I stopped, my hair started shedding, breaking, and split ends were terrible. :shocked: Never again. :nono:

I found out that some of the products from this line has silicones in them. My pretty much over-dosed on it!! :shocked:

msmerc

I have been using the Motion Salon Herbals with no problems. I use the relaxer, neutralizer conditioner, shampoo, and conditioner. I switch up on shampoo and conditioner a lot, but with motions I never had any problems.

Jewell

Supergirl said:
I really like the ingredients in the Motions Nourish Leave-In conditioner. Anyone else?

Yes, it works well on my hair. I have to get some more because I just ran out.

gorgeoushair

msmerc said:
I have been using the Motion Salon Herbals with no problems. I use the relaxer, neutralizer conditioner, shampoo, and conditioner. I switch up on shampoo and conditioner a lot, but with motions I never had any problems.

Did you use any of the Motions oil prior to using the herbals? If so what's the difference?

meia

ive used their oil moisturizer and its made my (previously- last time i relaxed was almost 6+ months ago) oily, sticky, and unmanageable..not to mention dry..ive always been reluctant of oil moisturizers because of mineral oil and other things in it that make it so "moisturizing" (greasy is more the word for that)

it was like a dry greasy feeling if anyone knows what i mean. i really only started using it because it smelled good. but when i would comb and everything..hair would come out in clumps..and that never happens to me with relaxer in my hair..

im feeling what all of you are saying..

i definitely stopped using their products and went back to regular oils..and i havent turned back since..

meia

ps: good luck girl..as another lhcf member says- give it some tlc and youll be back to normal in no time!!;)

MizAvalon

I don't use the rest of the Motions product line, but I've used the relaxer for years and have never had a problem.