MSM and Texture!!! plz respond if it has impact

Nanyanika

I remember taking msm consistently when natural and i did notice a texture change ,my roots grew in softer..has anyone else notice a change in texture? how much are you taking? how long before you noticed these results?

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
I remember reading a lot of posts about this 2 or 3 years ago, but they aren't available now. I've posted asking questions similar to this and MSM in general recently and not too many people respond. Perhaps it will be different this time. :) Too bad we can't do a search on MSM only. We could find more information. :(

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
den1 said:
I remember taking msm consistently when natural and i did notice a texture change ,my roots grew in softer..has anyone else notice a change in texture? how much are you taking? how long before you noticed these results?

den1, How much were you taking? Where did you get it? Powder, pill, or crystal?

I took it a couple of years ago...GNC brand and it did nothing. I started taking vitamin shoppe's now (powder) a week ago. We shall see if I get faster growth or anything else from this. :)

KAddy

CurlyCrly said:
I remember reading a lot of posts about this 2 or 3 years ago, but they aren't available now. I've posted asking questions similar to this and MSM in general recently and not too many people respond. Perhaps it will be different this time. :) Too bad we can't do a search on MSM only. We could find more information. :(

If you put in MSM* you will be able to search it.;)

metro_qt

hmm. i'm taking it now. i take 5000 mg. (5x1000mg capsules)
The capsules have pure lignisul powder inside. I've been taking msm since...First week of january i think, maybe end of december.
I noticed a texture change first two weeks of February. It was pretty exciting back then, but now, it's kinda sad. to know that my hair's kinda soft up there when it grows in, only because of pills.

Anyway. it's nothing that exciting or dramatic. It's just softer and stronger and shinier, oh yes, and wavier. but not deep waves, but my hair does lie flat. It's weird. i'd have to take pictures to explain better. you can tell the new growth from the older growth. It's only been a couple of months anyway, so i'm going to try and stick to my regimen until july to make a thorough conclusion.

oh yea. i was natural for three years, and then i got a texturizer in march.

Nanyanika

I remember taking a tablet form of msm for the first time, for 3-4 months my skin got very clear and my hair texture grew in looser i was taking silica too, i could add a little oil to the sides and back of hair and it would lie flatter. it was around 2,500mg a day. i wish i could remember the brand name, gonna see if i can find it, i'm sure i'll recognise it. i have tried other brands like higher nature, healthaid but the first one was the best.

CurlyCrly said:
den1, How much were you taking? Where did you get it? Powder, pill, or crystal?

I took it a couple of years ago...GNC brand and it did nothing. I started taking vitamin shoppe's now (powder) a week ago. We shall see if I get faster growth or anything else from this. :)

Nanyanika

i'm hoping that it will help ease my transitioning process, can't wait to see pics of your results!!

metro_qt said:
hmm. i'm taking it now. i take 5000 mg. (5x1000mg capsules)
The capsules have pure lignisul powder inside. I've been taking msm since...First week of january i think, maybe end of december.
I noticed a texture change first two weeks of February. It was pretty exciting back then, but now, it's kinda sad. to know that my hair's kinda soft up there when it grows in, only because of pills.

Anyway. it's nothing that exciting or dramatic. It's just softer and stronger and shinier, oh yes, and wavier. but not deep waves, but my hair does lie flat. It's weird. i'd have to take pictures to explain better. you can tell the new growth from the older growth. It's only been a couple of months anyway, so i'm going to try and stick to my regimen until july to make a thorough conclusion.

oh yea. i was natural for three years, and then i got a texturizer in march.