MSM--Help!

Naturalistic

I just started taking MSM after hearing so many people rave about it. I bought 1000 mg. pills & the directions said to take 1-2 pills daily once or twice a day. I took 2 with lunch & became violently ill afterwards. I want to stick with this but not if I'm going to get sick like that. Should I start by taking one? Should I take with food? I took it with orange juice 'cause someone had suggested taking it with Vitamin C helped. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks.

Drea84

Violently sick?!!?

That is never a good thing. I do know that msm is something that you have to gradually increase the dosage. Maybe you took too much. Maybe it was the food. Too many maybe's right. Well I know that when I took too much msm my belly definately let me know without hesitation!! Possibly the next time that you try it you will take a smaller dosage.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Drea84

Lucia

First of all you may be allergic to MSM, but personally I think that's too much MSM to take in one day, you shoud not takemore than 1000mg max. Also you should take it with food. and be careful b/c too much of this will give you headaches, dry eyes, stomach uneasiness, and always drink polenty of water. I only take this 2-3 times a week.
hth

Drea84

I second Lucias comment about drinking a lot of water

And for your first time that was definately a lot of msm to take at one sitting.

Drea84

adrienne0914

dang, naturalistic! sorry to hear this made you sick.

i think that you should start small and build up later (if you decide that would be beneficial). also, people usually take MSM with orange juice if they're taking the powder. the OJ kills the taste. since you're taking pills, that's not necessary. it could also be the reason that you got sick. the combo could have irritated your stomach. i think you should definitely take this with food, at least until your body gets used to it.

adrienne

Brownie

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Naturalistic said:
I just started taking MSM after hearing so many people rave about it. I bought 1000 mg. pills &amp; the directions said to take 1-2 pills daily once or twice a day. I took 2 with lunch &amp; became violently ill afterwards. I want to stick with this but not if I'm going to get sick like that. Should I start by taking one? Should I take with food? I took it with orange juice 'cause someone had suggested taking it with Vitamin C helped. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to take this amount, I would recommend for you to break the dose up. Take 1000 at lunch with food, and take the other 1000 at dinner with food. Good luck!

sweetcocoa

I got sick at first also. I cut the dosage in half for 2 weeks and now I'm starting to slowly increase it till I get to the maximum dosage..

sweetcocoa

I also agree with Adreinne...when I took it with OJ it irritated my stomach...so I now take it with water.

Drea84

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Naturalistic said:
Ladies--
Thank you soooo much. I'll definitely take only 1 pill today &amp; see how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck Naturalistic I hope it goes well for you this time

Drea84