MSM

keluric

My search feature isn't working so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but for all the faithful MSM users, in case you weren't aware, MSM works synergistically with Vitamin C. If you're taking the pill around the same as your multivitamin, you should be fine. If you're using the powder, the easiest thing to do is put it in some orange juice. I've also read that MSM works well with flaxseed oil. Happy growing, ladies.

BrooklynSouth

Re: Yet another MSM thread

Yes, I always take mine with orange juice in the morning; nearly tasteless that way too.

seymone

Do you think it would be better to get MSM with Vitamin C, if your taking the powder version? I am a newbie, any help will be greatly appreciated.

keluric

seymone said:
Do you think it would be better to get MSM with Vitamin C, if your taking the powder version? I am a newbie, any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've never seen MSM with Vitamin C but they make everything these days. If that's easier for you, go for it. Vitamin C aids absorption. I like MSM powder (I do not like the crystals) because I can just put it in my orange juice.

Wishin4BSL

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely try this! Putting BIG jug of orange juice on my grocery list right now!:lol:

jenteel

keluric said:
My search feature isn't working so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but for all the faithful MSM users, in case you weren't aware, MSM works synergistically with Vitamin C. If you're taking the pill around the same as your multivitamin, you should be fine. If you're using the powder, the easiest thing to do is put it in some orange juice. I've also read that MSM works well with flaxseed oil. Happy growing, ladies.

didn't know this (and i think i know everything health);)
thanks!

JustKiya

I mix mine with powdered lemonade mix - I'll have to be sure to get some Vitamin C fortified lemonade next time I go to the store.....

keluric

I like the powder because I take enough pills already. Some people like the pills because they don't have to worry about mixing the MSM in their drinks. The body absorbs the powder faster than the pills and Vitamin C aids that absorption.

Ekomba, who has gorgeous hair, mentioned that she takes Carlson Laboratories MSM powder.. she gets hers from VitaminShoppe online. AtlantaJJ found this site http://valuenutritionstore.stores.yahoo.net/msmsu77oupoc.html for the CL powder at a lower price. I'm not sure about shipping. The MSM I'm currently taking is from allstarhealth which I learned about from AtlantaJJ.. it's the Jarrow MSM and it's on sale right now.