MTG Users, I have a question for ya!

GoingBack

Has anyone found anything that is strong enough to totally eliminate the smell of MTG? So far, I've had to just pour a little MTG in a spray bottle and then follow up with other scented oils. I wanted to see if anyone knew of anything that would cut the smell of a larger quantity of MTG??

L

LaNecia

Nope, but I haven't tried to hard either. I actually mixed mine with a little Frenchees just to see............whew!! :confused:

Glad the DH works nites!! :lol: Some ladies posted of using some Essential Oils in some of the 'older' threads.

I'm sure someone will chime in with a recipe! Good luck!

jamiette

Some of the ladies have recommended to me peppermint and rosemary oils. They work like a charm, and I love the tingly feeling I get on my scalp after applying it. HTH :)

Keen

Rosemary oil works like a charm. I can be around people immediately after using MTG and no body smell a thing(as long as you don't get caught in the rain....). In addition, romary oil is good for healing the scalp. Be sure not to use to much though! When I was surging mix with rosemary, I could surge everyday or twice a day and not have any side effect. As soon as I stop using the rosemary with the surge, I had rashes, sores and scabs all over my scalp!

sprungonhairboards

baglady215 said:
The smell doesn't really bother me. I put it on at night and by morning it's barely noticible.

Me too. I dont run it through my hair I just put it on my scalp. It's not noticable at all after the intial application.

GoingBack

The smell really isn't that offensive to me either, but I would rather not smell it everytime I move my head. Also, I'm afraid that it may be competing with my perfume.

I would use the Rosemary oil, but I've used that before and I don't like it at all. I might try the Peppermint oil. How much are you guys using? I want to buy enough to dump into the big bottle of MTG.

Luvableboo

At first I used the MTG straight it did smell all day everyday... My scalp sweats moisture a no no .. Then I began mixing about 80% MTG with 20% of Surge's Lotion motion #9.. Smell pretty much gone.. applied at night and Surge 14 in the morning ...

GoingBack

Luvableboo said:
At first I used the MTG straight it did smell all day everyday... My scalp sweats moisture a no no .. Then I began mixing about 80% MTG with 20% of Surge's Lotion motion #9.. Smell pretty much gone.. applied at night and Surge 14 in the morning ...

What kind of scent does the Lotion Motion have?