Question For Mtg Users

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Quick Questions For MTG Users

Are you ladies still CO washing since you have been on the MTG challenge? Reason being is that I tried to do a CO wash during the week and my hair was very dull and not shiny. So on the weekend I did my normal washing with shampoo and conditioner and my hair was back to normal. I was thinking that the reason why my hair was lacking sheen was from all the oils that I have been using my scalp and that I need to clarify to remove all the excess oils and buildup. So ladies who are on the MTG challenge

Do you still CO wash?
If so how often?
If you are not CO washing then how often do you use shampoo?
Do you wash your hair with shampoo twice a week or once a week?

Please let me know your routine and what are you doing to acheive the most results from the MTG and all the other stinky stuff.

Thanks.:)

Last edited:

lthomas1

Hair Power!
I use shampoo and conditioner. Even before I started the MTG my hair started to feel dry from doing the co wash. I think the shampoo does really help restore your hair after using MTG. The sulfur build up seems a little harder to get out and co wash just does not do the trick. I always clarify once a month.

ChocoKitty

I shampoo too. My curls were looking too fuzzy. I shampoo everday or every other day depending on how I feel. I've been using my Surge/MTG mix for during the day. I'll be doing overnight treatments with just plain MTG on the weekends.

Another interesting tidbit--I've learned that Curly Pudding and Meringue cover up the smell rather well!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I tried a cwcow....condition wash first...then mix your shampoo with your conditioner and wash your hair with that....sounds confusing? look in the search engine for ccow on the board to simplify. My hair has curls all day when I do it! :lol: I hope i didn't confuse you!

MissYocairis

Re: Quick Questions For MTG Users

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:

Do you still CO wash?
If so how often?
If you are not CO washing then how often do you use shampoo?
Do you wash your hair with shampoo twice a week or once a week?

Please let me know your routine and what are you doing to acheive the most results from the MTG and all the other stinky stuff.

Thanks.:)

Do you still CO wash? I only co-wash one day out of three in the part of the week when doing my MTG. ( apply my MTG on Tues. and Thurs. On Wed, I do a co-wash on my ends only) The rest of the week, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, I do co-washes and shampoo washes.)

If you are not CO washing then how often do you use shampoo? I do both.

Do you wash your hair with shampoo twice a week or once a week? I use shampoo on Fri or Sat and, again on Tues -before my MTG application. The other days, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday (ends only) - I do a co-wash. Don't do a full co-wash on Wednesday.

I do a clarifying poo once a month. But, here's an interesting tidbit.....I use Suave Clarifying and it has been known to strip semi-perm color from my hair. Well, this past week, when I did my monthly Clarify poo, I did it to strip the MTG buildup from my hair from a month's use of MTG. Then, the next morning, I did a co-wash.....don't you know my silver anklet turned dull gray in the shower, AGAIN?!?! That means that even my clarifying poo (I washed twice with it) didn't strip ALL of the MTG from my hair the day before. Amazing.
Lastly, I don't have any problems with softness or sheen on or off the MTG, but, I am also doing a bun-challenge so, I am wetting (either w/co-wash or poo) daily and wearing it damp with other product and the softness and sheen is still there.