MTG USERS: please help

Aussie

Hello, I am new to the site and I just purchased my first bottle of Shapleys MTG. I am the type of person that likes to see results in seconds :lol:.... however in reality I know it takes time for hair to adjust and start growin (umm one week then? lol).

Basically I would like to ask fellow MTG users
when did you start seeing results from using MTG?
how many times a week were you using it?
and what type of results were they (ie.. hairline grew back, thickness, length, etc.)?

thank you all :yep:

Motivator01

I dont use MTG but I know allot of ladies have seen lovely results. Also naturallady has a product that promises the same results and is odorless.

Just chiming in your hair is gorgeous love the style

audacity.

i use it 3x per week...i began using more frequently (use to use it only 1x per week) based on the advice of other LHCFers.

results...can't report any right now since i've not done anything with my hair since march - as far as heat or chemicals. all i know is that i have LOTS of ng (my last relaxer was either the end of JAN or beginning of FEB)

ummmm....yeah, it seems to me that mtg gives amazing results! the smell doesn't bother me - it's the oiliness that i don't like :ohwell:

pattycake0701

I saw results (hairline fiiling back in) in about two weeks. I was using it daily. I put it on at night then I usually don't smell it in the morning, but if I do I cowash in the morning.

BTW... I love your hair. It looks so soft and fluffy.

Ladyhenri

Hi
When i joined in september i started using MTG.
(i also jumped on just about every band wagon going at the time:)lol:))
I started seeing results at the end of the first week (felt new growth).
After four weeks of mostly daily use, i had just over an inch of newgrowth.

Bad thing was, it started itching like mad. I was tearing and pounding at my scalp like i had a thousand ants running around in there...
I stopped using it after that. I have restarted using it but only once a week..

Aussie

I saw results (hairline fiiling back in) in about two weeks. I was using it daily. I put it on at night then I usually don't smell it in the morning, but if I do I cowash in the morning.

BTW... I love your hair. It looks so soft and fluffy.

I AM TRYING TO HARD TO GROW MY EDGES. ITS GENETICS FROM MY MOMS SIDE TO HAVE WEAK HAIRLINES. I WANT TO BREAK THAT CURSE BECAUSE MY HAIR AND STYLES WOULD LOOK SO MUCH NICER WITH A FULL HEAD OF HAIR.... ESPECIALLY MY HAIRLINE. WHAT WAS YOUR REGIMEN? DID YOU MIX IT WITH SOMETHING OR DID YOU APPLY IT STR8?

Aussie

:nono:if you are familiar with MTG,

I am using it for the front of my hair to grow it back, but my scalp is starting to get flaky. Is that sulfur buildup? or is that what MTG is suppose to do? kill away bad skin cells to grow hair out?

thanks

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am a MTGer for life, altho I love boundless tresses. The first week with MTG, my hair started getting uber thick another week later, I got growth from it. I used MTG daily, strait, not diluted. It also adds an extra curliness to my natural hair. I don't know why, but without MTG, my hair would not be the same.

Aussie

:nono:if you are familiar with MTG,

I am using it for the front of my hair to grow it back, but my scalp is starting to get flaky. Is that sulfur buildup? or is that what MTG is suppose to do? kill away bad skin cells to grow hair out?

thanks

BUMPING FOR REPLY

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Using MTG filled the bald spot that was on the top of my head....the hair is still thin there (because I started slacking on using MTG) but I'm not blazingly bald anymore and I credit that to my daily MTG usage last year. I have pictures in my 2006 folder in my fotki. Link and pw in profile.

HTH :)

C

chica_canella

I saw results in about one week. I felt that little bump of new growth that most ladies only feel after the 3rd or 4th week.

After about a month, I had about 1 inch new growth.

I only used it once a day.:yep:

ShiShiPooPoo

BUMPING FOR REPLY

I made my own sulfur mix and about a week into it my scalp started to itch like crazy! It felt like a bunch of little bugs were crawling in and out of my scalp. Then came the flakes...big 'ol white nasty looking flakes that I would scratch and they would literally lift off my scalp like some bad skin disease or something:drool:. I think it was from the sulfur because I haven't had dandruff since I was a kid but...I used Glovers sulfur stuff and I didn't have that reaction. I am waiting on BT so we'll see.

tschizum

I just started using it a couple of times a week, I added peppermint essential oil to help disguise the smell (now I smell like burnt bacon with a twist of peppermint, lol) j/k the peppermint works great. I just don't like the oilyness. It makes my hair very greasy looking/feeling. Hoping to see results soon. After I use up my huge bottle (of bacon grease, lol) I am getting BT.

Kacie

I've moved on to BT. MTG did give me growth, but it also made my hair drier so it had to go. The thickness I achieved from using sulfur based products was out this world. I like to stretch relaxer, so I only use growth aides about three times a week up to 6 weeks post.

Last edited: