must......get.......help........now

itismehmmkay

ok....i need help. here's my story.

I went natural...I have a mildly relaxed head of hair. (Think 4a/b --> 3a). For a while I was just doing your basic conditioner washes and air-drying. But as soon as I got a blow-dry and flat-iron...some of my hair would air-dry straight as opposed to curly.

So I'm interested in doing a braid-out. The thing is...when I think of a braid-out, I think of cornrolls. My hair's not very long, so I don't think cornrolls are so easy to do. How else can I do this....regular plaits?

krys
(p.s. - I was on the phone when I wrote this post...so some things might be a bit jumbled)

AnjelLuvs

yeh u can do plaits as well, I dont have that much hair ither corn rows are the easiest to do unless u wanna sit there and braid plaits

ComfortablyNumb

Twists outs have a similar effect and are easier. But 6 inches of hair can get into cornrows and they don't have to be the neatest since you aren't actually wearing them out. I've tried individual braids and it didn't come out so hot so I don't know.

itismehmmkay

yeah....I was worried about the individuals not being as great.

ok...I'm going to try and do it with the cornrolls. The last time I air-dried was so bad that I've been afraid to wash my hair myself; my stylist does a better job of blowdrying my hair.

here goes...

(feel free to post some more tips)