Mustard Oil Anyone?

LABETT

I bought a bottle of the Dabur Mustard Oil last month but have not tried it yet.
I saw a recipe to mix it with Coconut and Alma Oil for good results.

PureSilver

Does anyone know how well this will incorporate with henna powder. I wanna henna come Mar 31. I have a bottle of Pure Mustard Oil i bought frm the indians in NY. I'm relying on the knowlege nd expertise of the ladies here who've used it beause i didn't the indians how to use it.

PassionFruit

I wouldnt mix mustard oil with anything, especially Henna

i dont even put mustard oil on my hair, I use an old makeup brush to make sure it only gets on my scalp

yardyspice

Bumping because I have been using this oil and I love it! It makes my hair soooo soft like I just used a conditioner. It took me a while to figure out how to add it to my reggie but now I add it to my shikakai cowash and a few times per week I use it as an oil wash. My hair is thanking me.

Averoigne

I love mustard oil. It detangles, softens and adds a lot of slip. I add some to conditioner and use as a co-wash.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have a BBD (Stretch) Product, I think it's called: 1845. It has Mustard Oil or Mustard Extract and Sulfur. It's very 'potent' and HOT!:burn:

MsKibibi

I bought some mustard oil from the Indian store but didn't feel any warming on my scalp. It was made 2 years ago and expires next year so maybe that's why. My sister brought me some mustard oil from India but she's in FL, so I won't get it for a while. Did you ladies so anything special to get it warm? That's the main reason I bought it, I like warming/tingling on my scalp.

Lita

I bought some mustard oil from the Indian store but didn't feel any warming on my scalp. It was made 2 years ago and expires next year so maybe that's why. My sister brought me some mustard oil from India but she's in FL, so I won't get it for a while. Did you ladies so anything special to get it warm? That's the main reason I bought it, I like warming/tingling on my scalp.

What brand do you have?

Happy Hair Growing!

soonergirl

Thanks for bumping!! I am still perodically using this. I leave in over night, and yeah it stinks. Also purchased from an east indian store. I coat my hair with the oil then massage my scalp and then put on several baggies and a scarf. I then sleep with a towel on my pillow. ETA I asked the indian grocer for his opinion on a good hair growth oil and he said mustard oil. I also picked up a big thing of almond oil too..

LilMissRed

I use mustard oil in my 'mixes' ... I dont get the warm or burning :shrugs: its does make my hair soft... Not sure on the growth. I only bought it because I'd read somewhere that Ladies in India massage their scalp w/it for growth. I want growth sooo... :look: ( self admitted oil pj)

Last edited:

soonergirl

^^^ I am too!! I love oils!! Yep I dont get the tingling either that everyone speaks of.
Yep there are some indian ladies on youtube that said as little girls their hair was oiled by their mothers with mustard oil and then it was massaged in, and left in for a bit.

coolsista-paris

interesting. i wanted to buy this à year ago then thought," no finish everything else you have first "

i will get some sometimes in the year. i need to go slow with the hair shopping lol