my 2nd nappiversary :)

iri9109

happy 2nd nappiversary to me :)

I cant believe its been 2 years!

For most of this past year I just wore wash n go’s but now I’m moving away from those b/c of a.) shrinkage which leads to b.) tangles, knots, & splits…c.) the different textures in my hair are more obvious now that my hair is getting longer and d.) my hair takes FOREVER to dry now, and i cant live my life looking like a wet cat by the head waiting for my hair to dry :look:

My staples: Aloe Vera Juice/Gel, Coconut Oil, Honey & EVOO for mixing into my DC’s, Sheamoisture, CURLS line, CON Argan Oil Shampoo, Tresemme Naturals Condish, ORS Replenishing Pak, Aphogee 2 Min, Henna

I’m not a PJ anymore AT ALL…I seriously only have one bottle of regular/ daily/cowash conditioner in my house right now lol (Garnier Triple Nutrition)

Regimen:
Wash/DC weekly, cowash midweek if needed.
Use a light Protein weekly, except for when hennaing
Braidouts/Twistouts
Moisturize every night before bed
Occasional blowdry using tension method prepping for flat twistout for special ocassions
Henna 1-2x a month (I’ve only used henna 2x but I really love it…it makes my hair so shiny and I feel like since using it my hair is much stronger, softer, more clumpy, less frizzy and maintains moisture better)

If you’re anything like me, you didn’t read anything I wrote above, and just scrolled down for the pitchas…here you go :) :

BC:

Today:
Naked hair after rinsing out henna

DCing in twists:

after rinsing out DC:

2 flat twists…this is my go to for around the house or bed when I don’t have time to do my hair after washing it…I just didn’t want my hair to totally shrink before I had time to blow dry it

flat twistout on lightly blown out hair…my hair is usually mostly dry already and I comb out each section and then blowdry each section for about a minute using the tension method before I twist it w/ a lil curls crème brule and goddess curls, and let the twists set for atleast 4 hrs

I was on my way to a dinner and my mom said my hair didn’t look too hot :look: so that killed my hair confidence and I just pinned it up

I just got home and took it down and it looked like this:

Then I just put it in a loose pony for bed:

Last yr I started experimenting w/ my hair (color, tangle teezer etc.) then got too comfortable and had setbacks that led to me trimming about 3 inches last yr.
Last fall I had an accident involving a straight weave and a flatiron that resulted in me burning a section of my hair near my edges straight off :look:…that was the beginning of my struggle edges…between October & January, I managed to nurse them back to moderate health, and then I was involved in another freak accident involving a hard boar bristle brush, bobby pins & a too tight updo ( that I kept trying to redo in order to make it perfect for an event) that left me with struggle edges AGAIN…this time on BOTH sides :ohwell:…I got TWA edges yall :nono:

So I’m trying to grow my edges back but I cant seem to leave the brushes alone :wallbash: im stuck between a rock and a hard place b/c I don’t like wearing my hair out all the time, but when I put it in a bun or pony, I have to slick down my TWA edges so they don’t stick out , and the quickest/easiest way to do that is with a brush…but im working on it.

My hair focus for this year is strengthening my hair & regrowing my edges. Hopefully I make or atleast graze BSB by the end of the year.

If you haven’t noticed, I’m APL *jigs* :grin:

I’m so happy, ya’ll don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for this lol I was stuck at SL/CBL FOREVER …& when I was relaxed my hair always hovered between SL & APL, my hair hasn’t been this long since the beginning of middle school lol…but I still have a long way to go.

ETA:http://youtu.be/buBFuWRS8oI
video w/ more pics of this past yrs journey

Last edited:

PureSilver

Love it. your hair is so thick and lucious. I've always followed your posts to see you pics and use it as a guage for my own growth journey.

Congrats two years looks great!

Shadiyah

your hair is doing great. just take water on your hand and wipe it back and put a little light gel on it. I live using hairveda gelly it works the best and then you will not have to worry about using the brushes. tie it down with the scarf.

iri9109

My Friend said:
Love your curl pattern. The updo is so cute. Whats the story before the journey? Were you relaxed? Max length?

Thanks! I was natural up until 6th or 7th grade when I finally got the relaxer I begged for, for over a year lol...before then my hair was always APL-BSB but once I relaxed it broke off and stayed between SL and not quite APL...last relaxer was 11/25/09, BC 3/25/10

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Such pretty hair, I love how well moisturized your hair looks. Your edges will come back in no time :yep:

GreenEyedJen

I BCed a day before you and our hair was pretty much the exact same length. Even though we have completely different textures, I always check you out when you post. I came on today looking for this thread, and wasn't disappointed. Your hair looks great! Here's to our third year!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
your hair is very beautiful!! lovely progress!
re: the edges, rubbing castor oil into mine nightly always helps when i get brush happy. also have you tried a good thick edge control product? I like the ORS one and a good pomade helps me avoid brushing the hell out of my hair since it's so sticky, the edges just lay down nice and easy.

Judwill07

I love your hair. :blush: You are my new hair inspiration. I've been transitioning for 81 weeks now. Maybe now I will go ahead and let those ends go and work with my curls. Thanks for sharing.

iri9109

Rocky91 said:
your hair is very beautiful!! lovely progress!
re: the edges, rubbing castor oil into mine nightly always helps when i get brush happy. also have you tried a good thick edge control product? I like the ORS one and a good pomade helps me avoid brushing the hell out of my hair since it's so sticky, the edges just lay down nice and easy.
Thanks! Yeah edge control does work really well! I let my friend use it and never got it back smh...thanks for reminding me lol

iri9109

Judwill07 said:
I love your hair. :blush: You are my new hair inspiration. I've been transitioning for 81 weeks now. Maybe now I will go ahead and let those ends go and work with my curls. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you...wow 81 weeks! Congrats on transitioning so far and making it that far without relaxing...no way I could last over 1.5 yrs, I grabbed the scissors after 4 months lol...but yeah you might as well let the end go now! Im sure you'll still have a good length left to work with afterwards