Happy Nappiversary to Me!

deltagyrl

Beautiful.

I have a gazillion questions?

If you co-wash daily, how do you combat shrinkage? I pick or comb my hair after washing otherwise it's all tangled up. How do you prevent tangles?
Do you twist-out daily? What do you use for sheen?
Do you trim?

bibs

Happy nappiversary!!! Your hair is beautiful and you've had some amazing retention. congrats! :)

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Tres Belle Cherie!! I love the frowhawk-ish style in the last pic. It's grown a lot.

I was just randomly thinking about you too while I was reading kimmay gate #....

LOL, thanks! I didn't know who Kimmay was and I had to go look, LOL! I didn't read many of the posts in that thread but her hair is nice!

your hair is beautiful, and your smile is gorgeous!

Aww...... thanks! *huge smile*

Wow its been a year? I remember when you first BC'd. Congrats girlie! Your hair has come a long way :) Awesome progress!

Thanks! I am so happy I hung on. The pics actually helped me from not going to the salon and getting a relaxer.

aaaww Congrats Lucie! Your hair looks great! I still remember when you BCed. How is your family member dealing with her nautral hair? I know you went natural because of her.

Well, my niece has a relaxer. I dunno why my SIL felt the need to give her one. She is 13 and all she does is a slicked side ponytail. :ohwell:

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Happy Nappiversary Lucie :)

Thanks lovie!

Great progress and your hair is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!

Happy anniversary to a beautiful woman with beautiful hair...!!!

Aww........ thank you!!!

Happy Nappiversary! :afro:

LOL @ your smiley! Hahaha! That looks like me!

Happy Nappiversary! You did a great job.

Thanks girl!

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I remember lurking and reading your post about being unable to put the scissors down after another thought of washing/rollersetting the hair! Good job Girl! BEAUTIFUL natural hair and you look so gorgeous!

LOL, OMG! Hahaha, I did have a scissor problem. I would have probably been WL if I didn't keep finding a stray hair and then end up giving myself layers. I remember one day at work a few co-workers remarked that my hair looked shorter then when I first started that morning. I was so embarrassed and tried to play it off like, huh? But I was caught! :look: Thanks!

Great growth Lucie!! :grin:

Thanks lovie!

Happy Nappiversary, awesome progress!

Thank you!!!

Beautiful!! :clap:

Congratulations!

Thanks lady!

Lucie your hair is so amazing. You were my inspiration as a relaxed head and definitely as a natural now that I'm transitioning.

Aww..... thanks! How long have you been transitioning for? The first time I BCed I transitioned for 14 weeks and ended up shaving it all off anyway. :lachen:

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Great progress and Happy Nappiverary!

Thanks Janda!

Good job growing! And cheers to a new year of growing!

Thank you so much!!

You look beautiful Lucie! Congratulations! :)

Aww..... thanks!

Very pretty hair. I like the idea of the collage. What a great way to display your journey!

Thank you. I do my vision boards on Oprah's website so I figured to simplify the pics I'd just put them all together. :yep:

Congrats!!! you have a beautiful head of hair and a beautiful smile!

Aww.......... thanks! Look at your progress wow! You and your hair are gorgeous!

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Congrats! Whatever you are doing, it's working because your hair is beautiful!!!

Thanks, LOL! I feel sorta bad when people ask me for my regimen because I don't have anything to tell 'em. And when I do tell 'em they look at me like, "YEAH RIGHT!" :ohwell:

KISS works! I love your fluffy hair. Contracts on your progress.

Thanks! I love to KISS!

Happy Nappiversary Lucie!! We are one week apart in our journeys I bc'd FEB.11. Keep up the good work, you and your hair are BEAUTIFUL!

Yay! We are BC sisters! Your hair looks great!

Congrats! Your hair is beautiful!

Thanks!

Congratulations Lucie :hug2:

You and your hair are gorgeous!! You have big beautiful, fluffly curls!!

Thank you so much! :grin:

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Beautiful.

I have a gazillion questions?

If you co-wash daily, how do you combat shrinkage? I pick or comb my hair after washing otherwise it's all tangled up. How do you prevent tangles?
Do you twist-out daily? What do you use for sheen?
Do you trim?

I don't comb my hair often AT ALL! Like every month or every other month. :grin: I think my showerhead is pretty strong. My husband got us some water filter thingy. Who knows? Maybe that's it. LOL! I finger comb sometimes in the shower. Perhaps that helps with the tangles. I don't comb my hair. I only braid my hair or do twist outs to cut my ends. I just use a leave in. Up until last month I was using Hollywood Carrot Cream. It's like $4. Every time I rinse out the conditioner in my hair, I'd apply it while in the shower.

Beautiful Lucie! You've made incredible progress in a year :yep:

Thanks so much!

Happy nappiversary!!! Your hair is beautiful and you've had some amazing retention. congrats! :)

Thank you! :grin:

Xaragua

Your progress is really amazing, you have a good amount of retention for a year. Cheve yo bel anpil.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Your progress is really amazing, you have a good amount of retention for a year. Cheve yo bel anpil.

Merci cherie! :grin:

Happy Nappiversary!!! Lovely progress!!

Thank you so much!

Happy Nappiversary!! :D (YAY!!!)

Thanks lovie!

Cute cute cute all around. Cute girl, cute hair! Great progress. **claps**

Aww........ thank you!

Wow! You hair is beautiful! :)

Thank you so much!

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Cheveux ou belle cherie, nice progress! :wave: i'm glad KISS works for you so soon....it took me years to find a regimen for myself lol

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Cheveux ou belle cherie, nice progress! :wave: i'm glad KISS works for you so soon....it took me years to find a regimen for myself lol

Merci shoushou.

Happy Nappiversary! Beautiful progress...WOW!

Thanks lovie!

Where can I find this carrot cream? And how do you combat shrinkage???

I get it at the BSS. I don't do anything about shrinkage, LOL! I don't really care about it.

you are a gorgeous woman!

Aww........ thanks so much lovie!

beautiful!

Thank you Kewlkat103! :grin:

Tamrin

unapologetic
Happy Anniversary Lucie. You know that hair is amazing. I cannot wait to see next year. \
Ladies, in person its big and beautiful.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Happy Anniversary Lucie. You know that hair is amazing. I cannot wait to see next year. \
Ladies, in person its big and beautiful.

Thanks Tamrin! xoxo
I am about to go try that headband you got me again. Let's see if my 'fro rejects it again. :blush: :lachen:

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
I love your "non-regimen"...I'm glad I'm not the only lazy natural...and you hair is so beautiful! Such inspiration