My 4 year old daughter expensive products

caramelty

My baby girl is 4 and I just washed her hair with Aveda Sap Moss and conditioned her hair with Sap Moss. I then oiled her scalp with
mtg I am wondering if she is too young for me to be using expensive products and mtg. I really want her hair to grow should I just be patient and just use whatever or stick with the Sap Moss. It really made her hair feel good now it is in 4 big braids until the morning what do you ladies think?

Well I hope she doens't have any type of reaction from it. I will watch her scalp for anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks!

I wouldn't use the MTG in her hair because I has broken alot of the ladies neck out. They have reported getting rashes. I use MTG sometime but when I used it once I got a rash on my chest but now I use with caution such as having a towel around my neck. I would not use MTG my 3 year old daughter's hair. JMHO:)

I would stop using MTG on your childs hair period.

I have used the product on myself and I have no issue with other grown people using MTG, but we have no idea what the long term effects may be. I really STRONGLY urge you to not use this on your child.

But the Aveda products are fine. There are alot of people who believe that cheap products are just as good as expensive ones, I ain't one of them. Cheap products are cheap for a reason.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with using Aveda products for her hair, my Aunt has been using Aveda on my cousins hair since she was a todler. I would not use the MTG though, it would be too strong in my opinion.

Thanks ladies this was my first time using Mtg on her so I am going to watch her closely not puttin anything else on her scalp to see if she has a reaction. I rubbed it in very well and none ran down b/c I had the towel around her neck and massaged her scalp. I was just getting desperate her hair has been ata stand still for a while now. I felt bad b/c I am so into my hair and hers is just standing still. So I will let you ladies know if there is an reaction. I just am going to get a jar of LIV and use that no more MTG.

Thanks for your opinions

I would keep using the Aveda products. If they work, and it's not stressing your pockets, stick with it. Of course there are other things that aren't as expensive as Aveda that are great. But hey, if it's not broke.........

I wouldn't use the MTG on her though.

I agree with the other ladies, I wouldn't use MTG on the little one just because I think some of the ingredients may be a little strong for her delicate skin. I don't know much about Aveda (I'm a cheapskate) but from what I've heard, they use fewer harsh ingredients than some of the other companies and are more gentle which would make them great for children (I could be wrong though). As long as you are gentle with her hair and scalp, her hair should be making progress in no time.

Try using an oil like jojoba mixed w/a little rosemary and lavender essential oils. It works well for me and it absorbs quickly.

If the shampoo and conditioner work, then use them. THe MTG is up to you. You have to take the responsibility for whatever side effects happen with your daughter.

I stopped using it, b/c It was greasing up all of my pillows something awful.

There are other sulfur containing products out there that you can use. Sulfur 8, Glovers ahsa medicated ointment that has not smell. Parnevue has a tea-tree grow hair grease that has t-tre oil and castor oil in it.

I have used the Glover's and it thickened and grew in a very thin spot on my then 4 yo daughter's head. (sides and back).

I now use castor oil straight fromthe bottle. I put some rosemary and lavender eo's in it and I use it to oil their scalp and hair. It works wonders, absorbs well, and gives them lush shiny hair.

(I still have greasy pillows)

I wouldnt use the mtg either. I dont think that kids need growth aids and things like that in their hair. If the aveda has been good till now i would keep using it. I still wash my daugters hair with jhonsons head to toe baby wash and i use that for her hair. Shes allergic to products with alot of fragrance in them. Just make sure to keep her hair moisturized and up, be it in braids, pigtails or other protective styles. hth

Aveda products are very gentle. I can't see a problem with using the Sap Moss products on a child, I love them myself. :)

I would not use MTG or any other growth aid on a child though. As long as you keep her hair moisturized and neat I don't see a need for a 4 year old to have a "regimen" or a laundry list of products.

My kids are all boys but all I do for them is wash their hair with shampoo and then use a little conditioner, usually whatever I'm using, Nexxus, Aveda, ect...
I towel their hair dry and then sometimes spray on a tiny bit of leave in conditioner like Paul Mitchell's Awapuhi Moisture Mist.

Simple is better.

I have to agree with JC, the Aveda products are fine, but please don't put MTG on your baby's hair. The whoel MTG phenomenon is still new, and we really don't know what's going to happen years from now. Plus, as long as your little girl is healthy her hair should grow just fine on it's own :)

JCoily said:
I would stop using MTG on your childs hair period.

I have used the product on myself and I have no issue with other grown people using MTG, but we have no idea what the long term effects may be. I really STRONGLY urge you to not use this on your child.

But the Aveda products are fine. There are alot of people who believe that cheap products are just as good as expensive ones, I ain't one of them. Cheap products are cheap for a reason.

I agree with JCoily:)

caramelty said:
Thanks ladies this was my first time using Mtg on her so I am going to watch her closely not puttin anything else on her scalp to see if she has a reaction. I rubbed it in very well and none ran down b/c I had the towel around her neck and massaged her scalp. I was just getting desperate her hair has been ata stand still for a while now. I felt bad b/c I am so into my hair and hers is just standing still. So I will let you ladies know if there is an reaction. I just am going to get a jar of LIV and use that no more MTG.

Thanks for your opinions

Use the Doogro line for your daughter, if you want to grow her hair faster. I use the shampoo, deep conditioner (I use no heat, just leave on for 15-20 min) hair oil, and grease and my daughters hair is growing...She's three.:) JMHO

Back