my attempt at iNicola's twist out

HeChangedMyName

so after seeing where iNicola does her twist outs with bantu knots at the ends, I decided to try it. My twistouts are usually fine, except that my ends are usually either folded up and rubber banded which leads to a weird upside down crook in my hair. Or my ends are banded at the very tips which doesn't always keep the twist from unraveling and then I'm left with straight ends.

I just twisted my hair up and we'll see how this works . Here are pics for you ladies I'll update either tonight or tomorrow when I take it down.

I used Aphogee pro-vit leave in, vidal sasson color secure leave in, QP Elasta feels like silk and some qp elasta mango butter. wish me luck. Oh and I did it on freshly texlaxed(I think) hair. I used ORS relaxer and porosity control condish/corrector

Last edited:

Saffirejuiliet

I did not see iNicola's twistout, but I have to say this is an interesting technique and it makes a lot of sense. I am going to have to try it too. I can't wait to see the updates. :)

HeChangedMyName

I did not see iNicola's twistout, but I have to say this is an interesting technique and it makes a lot of sense. I am going to have to try it too. I can't wait to see the updates. :)
It was in this thread and it looks so pretty.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=8024161&postcount=9

Can't wait to see the results, I really need to learn how to flat twist. *sigh*

soon, soon, very soon. I'm dying to take these twists out because they "feel" dry, but imma leave them in like i'm suppose to.

Here is a good tutorial on flat twists. it's very close up so you can exactly how to do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dd30v6wBq4

SelahOco

Did you just knot the ends after two standing them? Or did you twist them, and do a tru bantu at the end. Does that make sense?

HeChangedMyName

Did you just knot the ends after two standing them? Or did you twist them, and do a tru bantu at the end. Does that make sense?

I twisted them, I didn't go thru the bantu, but I rubberbanded the end piece so it wouldn't unravel.

I took it down too y'all. I am loving the ends, but I have to use a different angle technique for the pattern. It came out looking like my hair was extremely asymetrical. be bakc with pics when I have more alertness. lol

unalteredone

When i do twist/braid outs, i usually roll my ends on flexirods..comes out nice too.I dont know if my hair is long enough to do bantu knots at the ends yet.

The twists look good. I wish I could twist my hair. I tried once and failed miserably.

Looking forward to seeing the end result.

HeChangedMyName

Here is the end result. I think it looks ok, I still need to work on my technique if I'm going to do bantus at the end. I think it needs to be tighter and more straight back rather than off to the side like I did it. I also think I could have stood to use more of the mango butter to help weight my hair down and hold those frizzes at bay.

Last edited: